Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 8/24/2010

Post your introductions and questions right here! What's planned for Tuesday?

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff
Tickers and signatures:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...forum-help-40/

Search
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. A picture's worth a thousand words so here's a screen shot:
The operator, "site:" , tells google to look only at that specific website. The search term, "ideal protein", will tell google to only look at pages that contain those words. Add whatever you're looking for in the forum and Bob's your uncle.

Other helpful links
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You Clicking the link will open a PDF file.
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf

Progress Photos Thread in this forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ss-photos.html

Exercise Thread in this forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Today is my Week 1 weigh-in! I'm excited......who knew?

~Linda
Old 08-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for your comments about changing locations. I have emailed the new coach and if I do not hear back I will call today.

I am actually excited as I feel like I will just starting again which is what I think I need a fresh start.

Kelsey I am so sorry you did not get the position.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/206.2/140

Height: 5'5

Good Morning,

Just another question from a newbie - everyone that has lost a lot of weight, is there alot of excess skin? I am nervous about this, as I can't afford to have it removed, I think that is a lot of my stress about dieting and losing a bunch of weight.
thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Week 12 weigh in has me another 2.2 lbs down. If I can keep on track, next week I will move to phase 2! I was trending to be able to transition this week but as we all know, we fluxuate daily. Blah. Oh well, another week of phase 1 won't kill me, it will probably be easier in the long run because I'll have less to lose in later phases
Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning All!! I had another big NSV yesterday, decided to go through my closet again...and....more clothes than I ever though were too big!!! Wow does IP ever change your body shape (even when you are over 60, LOL). So I packed up a huge box for the used clothing depot!!!! Then I decided to try on my very favorite jeans from years ago (why do we keep them?) AND THEY FIT!!!!! Even a little on the loose side....I love NSVs ...sigh...
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

A little tired this morning - still having the stress with my sister. We work together and she's mad at me for some unknown reason, so she's not speaking to me . . . again. There's a lot of history there, but I'm trying desperately to stay on the high road. I just get so fed up with her immature games . . . .

Anyhoo, weigh/measure this evening - wondering how the extra meat this weekend will affect his scales. I did go to Goodwill while in Virginia and got some smaller size tops and pants - at least I won't be naked for a while!

Jessie's CC practice moved to right after school (around 3:30/4 - I get off work at 4:30) so I'll have to reconfigure my walking. It rained most of the evening, so it messed up my walking plans anyway.

Still didn't get my IP breakfast in that first hour this morning - may have to start getting up even earlier . . . .

Wish me luck this evening!

Barbara
Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Default Atkins shakes?

I found these on a website mentioned by another poster:
http://locarbu.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=36

Would they be a good substitute for an IP shake? The carbs are low (4g), the protein is high (20g) and the fat is higher than IP (9 g as opposed to 4 g). Would this be a deal-breaker, or could the extra fat substitute for the oil we're supposed to have during a meal?

The price is right--a little over $2 a can.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #9  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Tomorrow night is my first weigh in. I am getting excited! I have noticed as my first week has progressed that I am not really hungry any more. I almost have to force myself to eat. I guess that is a good sign.....
Old 08-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post

Would they be a good substitute for an IP shake? The carbs are low (4g), the protein is high (20g) and the fat is higher than IP (9 g as opposed to 4 g). Would this be a deal-breaker, or could the extra fat substitute for the oil we're supposed to have during a meal?

I get the Premier Nutrition chocolate shakes at Costco... $27.99 (no tax) for 18 (in Canada).

30 g protein, 5 carbs, 3 fat, 1 sugar, 3 fibre. Works out to about $1.56 each. Says on it only have 1 per day. They apparently have vanilla as well, but I have been to 3 Costcos and haven't seen them yet. Which sucks because the vanilla only have 3 carbs! They also have it in a powder form as well, which works out to under 70 cents per serving, but I like the ready made... feels like a treat to me. I have been having one a day for about 20 days now, and they haven't seemed to have affected my weight loss.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #11  
Siouxzy

S/C/G: 179/168/150

Height: 5'5''

Default Sore Muscles!!

Good morning everyone!

Wanted to see if anyone else experiences sore muscles after exercise. On Sunday I took a walk with my boys at a forest preserve. We read the map wrong, and ended up taking a much longer walk than anticipated - about 5 miles! Muscles felts tight afterwards, and were sore yesterday, and still tight and sore today! I don't understand why? I thought all of the protein we eat should help repair our muscles?

Further, I am currently taking ibuprofen for inflammation in my eye. I am taking a very high dosage (2400 mg a day). I started Saturday mid-day with 2doses of 600 mg each and on Sunday, the day of the walk, was up to 2,400.

I would think the ibuprofen would keep me from getting sore muscles? I've read that taking it before or right after a workout can alleviate this. Before IP I would not have been sore after this. I worked out a couple times per week and never had problems. A few weeks back I was sore just after vacuuming my parents' pool and thought that was odd, too.

To top it off, since Saturday, I've gained a pound. I read some posts from a few weeks ago about taking ibuprofen on IP and many said it's fine. But, I do know that some prescription anti-inflammatories can cause weight gain so I'm wondering if that's what's going on here - especially since I'm taking such a high amount - and sticking to the plan.

You may be wondering why I am taking so much ibuprofen. The eye condition is called scleritis which can be serious if not controlled. It can also be caused by several types of auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthristis and lupus. Going to have some blood work done to check for anything like this -- good news is that I don't have any strong symptoms of those.

I posted on Sunday with being disappointed with my results on IP - thanks to all who gave me encouraging words! But now I'm guessing my upward trend is being driven by the ibuprofen....if anyone else experienced something like this, I'd love to know about it! I had the nasty ketosis breath last week and since Saturday, the day I started taking the ibuprofen, I haven't had it, guessing I went out of ketosis.

Congrats to all who are having succes on IP!! I love hearing about all of your successes!!! And thanks in advance for any insight you can give me about the sore muscles and the ibuprofen....now I'm going to go sulk because my baby got on the bus for his first day of kindergarten this morning!!!! It's so bittersweet.....

Susie
Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #12  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments about changing locations. I have emailed the new coach and if I do not hear back I will call today.

I am actually excited as I feel like I will just starting again which is what I think I need a fresh start.
That's exactly how I felt! It was soooo rejuvenating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post

Meggie, EAS Advant Edge Carb Control is an even better option if you can find it. It comes in several flavors and the stats are much closer to IP. For example the French Vanilla has 110 calories, 3g fat, 2g carbs (1g fiber) and 17g protein. I get mine at the local grocery store or Wal-mart for around $4.99 for 4 which is a GREAT deal!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

I weighed in yesterday and thought I woud post my update... -5.6lbs!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 240/206.2/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
That's exactly how I felt! It was soooo rejuvenating!

Meggie, EAS Advant Edge Carb Control is an even better option if you can find it. It comes in several flavors and the stats are much closer to IP. For example the French Vanilla has 110 calories, 3g fat, 2g carbs (1g fiber) and 17g protein. I get mine at the local grocery store or Wal-mart for around $4.99 for 4 which is a GREAT deal!

Are these available in Canada? does anyone know where? Thanks - I live just outside of Winnipeg MB.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

updating ticker.... after being disappointed with what seems like little losses over the week, when all tallied up I am pretty impressed!

I bought the crepes... not bad! I also bought the caramel dip.

What are people doing with the carmel?
Closed Thread