Old 08-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/163/149

Height: 5'5

Smile no energy

Ok. I'm on day three of the yellow menu and feeling pretty good. I've lost 3 pounds. I have not been hungry, but have very little energy. This is difficult because I work two jobs and go to college. How long did it take you to begin to feel normal?
bbygrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  
Amazing will be me

im not sure what the yellow menu is but doest sound good. You should not be left feeling that drained on a healthy eating plan.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbygrl77 View Post
Ok. I'm on day three of the yellow menu and feeling pretty good. I've lost 3 pounds. I have not been hungry, but have very little energy. This is difficult because I work two jobs and go to college. How long did it take you to begin to feel normal?
HI - I have been on this program for 6 weeks now. I was more tired in the beginning (esp on yellow menu), however it is still something I have to deal with. It seems from posts on here some folks have issues with fatigue and others don't. I have read a lot of articles on very low calorie diets (which is what this is) and fatigue/tired is pretty common. I am especially bad between 1-3 in the afternoons. Sorry I can't be of help with ideas on how to fix it, but you're not alone...think it's just part of the diet. This diet is good, healthy, and does work!
Pookie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

The first week is the worst because your body isn't used to not having as much sugar and such. Give it another 2 weeks or so and if you're still really tired, check out your supplement situation. Also, make sure you're getting a good 8 hours of sleep every night, sleep is as important to weight loss as drinking water.
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #5  

Thanks. I was actually so tired that I fell asleep during my lunch break and got back to work really late. I havn't done that in 15 years. Hopefully it will get better.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #6  
Started program June 2010

I just started on the yellow menu today, so I will let you know how tired I am by the end of the week. I only have to do this menu for 4 days.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

I see you have lost over 30 pounds June!!!! WOOOHOOOO!
I am so happy for you.... I know you were frustrated with the plateau you were on so you must be so pleased to see your dedication show up on the scale.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #8  
Started program June 2010

Thanks Wendi. Yes I am still frustrated at how slow it's going. I weighed in yesterday and only lost .2 so that's why they changed my menu. They said the yellow menu should shock my system! LOL I'll let you know how my Friday weigh in goes.
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junie04 View Post
Thanks Wendi. Yes I am still frustrated at how slow it's going. I weighed in yesterday and only lost .2 so that's why they changed my menu. They said the yellow menu should shock my system! LOL I'll let you know how my Friday weigh in goes.
Well, at w-i today I stayed the same. If you think you are losing slow then mine is at a crawl..... we started at the same time and you are 4 pounds lighter! I seem to lose maybe 2 pounds one week and then next week maybe 1/2 a pound if I am lucky. HMMMM.

I look forward to see how your Friday w-i goes. Maybe I should ask about a different menu to jump start my system. The meta-quick didn't do anything for my weight loss when I tried that one.

Just remember that EVERY little bit lost does add up!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
Well, at w-i today I stayed the same. If you think you are losing slow then mine is at a crawl..... we started at the same time and you are 4 pounds lighter! I seem to lose maybe 2 pounds one week and then next week maybe 1/2 a pound if I am lucky. HMMMM.

I look forward to see how your Friday w-i goes. Maybe I should ask about a different menu to jump start my system. The meta-quick didn't do anything for my weight loss when I tried that one.

Just remember that EVERY little bit lost does add up!
Have you tried shaking up your menu? I was eating mostly eggs for breakfast and had really stalled. I started doing turkey for breakfast, sometimes cheese for lunch, and added a lot more fish for dinner. It really worked.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #11  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

wendincc just like Debi said, switch up your menu a bit. I hit a plateau last week & was told to cut out cheese, eat fish, eat dark green vegetables and berries. I started that last thursday and by monday I lost 4.5 pounds. Just try it and see what happens. It worked for me!!! Good luck!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #12  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 160/157/125

Height: 5'6"

I joined MRC last Wednesday (8 days ago). We only have a satellite center so they are only here 1 day a week. I had lost 3 pounds during preconditioning. Today was day 1 on the yellow menu. I did fine until late afternoon. I became very shaky so I drank a HNS. Ate my dinner OP but have been so nauseated! I'm not very encouraged right now! Did anyone else experience this? I am doing a lot of the supplements and am wondering if that is my problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
kelley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #13  

I havn't been nauseated at all, but have been dizzy and havn't been able to think straight, concentrate or do math. This is day 6 for me. They say that it will get better. The only thing that has seemed to help me is drinking a lot of water, and if I feel really shaky I eat a couple of the melba toast. I'm wondering if my blood sugar is getting too low. I will ask tomorrow during my weigh in. Also, I have to have plenty of food in my stomach before I take any vitamin supplements or they make me quite sick. I hope we both feel better soon.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannysmomma View Post
wendincc just like Debi said, switch up your menu a bit. I hit a plateau last week & was told to cut out cheese, eat fish, eat dark green vegetables and berries. I started that last thursday and by monday I lost 4.5 pounds. Just try it and see what happens. It worked for me!!! Good luck!!
Thank you both for the tips. I was looking at my menu and noticed that I haven't had much fish lately, mostly chicken and only beef once in the last 2 weeks, but maybe eating lots of fish will help. I also will omit cheese this week and see if that makes a difference as well. My fruit usually consists of either strawberries or blueberries that I have frozen from when we went berry picking so that part is spot on. I need to get past this plateau and am willing to do anything for that to happen!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
Thank you both for the tips. I was looking at my menu and noticed that I haven't had much fish lately, mostly chicken and only beef once in the last 2 weeks, but maybe eating lots of fish will help. I also will omit cheese this week and see if that makes a difference as well. My fruit usually consists of either strawberries or blueberries that I have frozen from when we went berry picking so that part is spot on. I need to get past this plateau and am willing to do anything for that to happen!
And just remember, it is probably a "false plateau." There is no way you can eat on plan and not lose. Plateaus, sometimes, are just your body reconfiguring. You are probably still losing fat and your body composition changing. Good for you for sticking with it! A lot of people just throw their hands up and quit! I've had 3-4 "plateaus". This last one lasted almost 3 weeks! I just had to keep reminding myself that whether I was losing lbs or not, I was still doing what was best for my health and body.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote