Old 08-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #1  

Default I need a P90X buddy!!!

Anyone about to start P90X? I am starting this Monday - 8/23 (I think it's the 23rd....).

I am terrified, excited, anxious, and weary all at once!! We can compare measurements and weight loss and diet and stuff.... It will help to have a buddy to cheer on and to help me keep it going too!

Last edited by LoseBabyWeight2009; 08-19-2010 at 12:59 AM.
LoseBabyWeight2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoseBabyWeight2009 View Post
Anyone about to start P90X? I am starting this Monday - 8/23 (I think it's the 23rd....).

I am terrified, excited, anxious, and weary all at once!! We can compare measurements and weight loss and diet and stuff.... It will help to have a buddy to cheer on and to help me keep it going too!
Hmm.. I started Monday.. I'd love to have a P90X buddy. But if you'd rather have somebody who's starting at the same time as you I understand
What program are you doing, Classic or Lean? I am doing Lean.
Allowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 AM   #3  

Yay!!! That's great! That's ok - you can have a head start

I saw your reply to my other post and that was exactly why I am so confused! Cardio = burn more calories, but then they building muscle is the "real" way to burn fat..... I was thinking of doing Classic and just replacing Plyometrics with Cardio??? Jumping will KILL my knees!

Did you do starting measurements?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #4  

I did a starting weight and of course Before pictures... But every time I measure w/ measuring tape I get something different. I've never been taught how to do it right :-/

Doing Cardio X instead of Plyo will make it a little more like Lean. Lean works more on core and it seems that Classic works more upper body. Or from what I've gathered, at least.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #5  

Just finished Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X. Day 5 complete! This was the hardest I have worked so far and the only day I've been able to do Ab Ripper X (tailbone injury) so hopefully it's uphill from here. Kenpo X tomorrow!

Now I hope that I can stick under my calorie limit (1650) for the 5th day in a row as well. I have a bit of a cheating problem so five days is a big deal to me, hehe.

::edit:: Also, I started Sunday, not Monday. Whoops!

Last edited by Allowatt; 08-19-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #6  

I don't want upper body focus AT ALL! My arms are fine (I have a 1 year old - so lots of lifting!). I guess I will be doing lean today - I just HATE cardio - but I am assuming the cardio video is much more entertaining than running in place on a treadmill. I get so bored with it!! Maybe I will add in an extra Ab ripper day or something?

Good job on Day 5!!! I am going to take 1 day at a time - because I am notorious for giving up. I will NOT let myself give up this time. I am trying to get inshape before we try for baby #2 - that way I can pop back into shape faster than with this preg!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #7  

Awww yay baby #2!

I'm doing it to get toned and be more confident about my body and my self.

The cardio x isn't what you'd expect, or at least it wasn't what I expected. The first half doesn't even feel like cardio because there is some yoga involved. And the rest is just fun. P90x is just an intense, great, and fun workout if you let it be
Old 08-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #8  

I am soooo excited! I don't know where the heck my shipment is It's taking FOREVER!

I am really excited to be PROUD of my body again - it's not that bad, but to me it IS.

Tonight I am going out for my last full on sushi meal - then going to follow the meal plan I've created for myself! Gotta go out with a bang, right?!

Is there enough abs stuff in the Lean rotation?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
I am soooo excited! I don't know where the heck my shipment is It's taking FOREVER!

I am really excited to be PROUD of my body again - it's not that bad, but to me it IS.

Tonight I am going out for my last full on sushi meal - then going to follow the meal plan I've created for myself! Gotta go out with a bang, right?!

Is there enough abs stuff in the Lean rotation?
Well, Lean has Abs on days with your upper/lower body (2 days a week). Classic has you doing it 3 days a week. Since we are both looking to burn belly fat maybe we should do ARX 3 days a week? Kind of a Classic/Lean hybrid you know? I know you can't spot reduce but I've read in a lot of places that building muscle helps take care of visceral fat, aka the lower layers of fat around the muscles. Something to think about :-)

Can't wait for Kenpo X in the morning, a lot of people say it's their favorite :-)
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #10  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm finishing week 6 today. Cardio X and the Shoulder and Arms are my favorite. Kenpo is good too. I find that Ab ripper 2 times a week is good enough for me.
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #11  

Just finished Day 6, Kenpo X!!! It was really tough but went by quickly and I really enjoyed it. Drinking my protein shake now :-)

Down 1.5 pounds, woo!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #12  

Woohoo!! 6 days down for you! I checked my mail and it isn't here yet - but I am not sure if the mail has came yet today so I will check again soon!

I think I may add in an extra day of abs, and sub in cardio for plyo. I think that will work juuuuust fine! Not like we'd be subbing sitting and eating for something - were still working HARD!

Leopardspots - what have your results been so far? Are you following the nutrition plan? Good job - you're 1/2 way there!!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #13  

Quote:
I think I may add in an extra day of abs, and sub in cardio for plyo. I think that will work juuuuust fine! Not like we'd be subbing sitting and eating for something - were still working HARD!
That's right!

Extra day of abs it is. I'm switching my rest day and Sunday, so... One more day and I get a day of rest! My glutes are asking for it by name, they are absolutely killing me. This is particularly awesome because I have the flattest butt of anyone I know, it doesn't fill out my jeans for anything! So hopefully it fills out with some muscle. Add that to the list of awesome side effects of P90X... Hopefully...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #14  

Also, I am so bummed! I've been blogging each night about this experience (eating right, p90x) for the last week and Wordpress suspended my blog for "terms of service" violation!!! All I talked about on it was stupid stuff like overeating, evil snacks and fiber farts. I mean really, nothing wrong with that! So I emailed them, because I think there's been a bit of a mistake. Hopefully I can get it back, it's been weirdly motivating for me to write in it at the end of each day.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #15  
Restart Date: 1/01/2020

S/C/G: 246.2/TICKER/140

Height: 5'4"

LoseBabyWeight,

I didn't do the measurements or the pictures and I should have. But I have lost 17 pounds in 6 weeks. I dropped 2 sizes, from a 16 to a 12. I have much more muscle mass. People notice a difference. I love it.

I don't follow the nutrition plan. I just count calories and watch my carbs. I eat a natural diet too. I also don't do the Yoga days because my form isn't good and I worry about injuring myself. So, I briskly walk 4-6 miles that day. I do the Yoga moves incorporated in the rest of the dvd's however. I walk 4-6 miles 4 times a week too. I am going for maximum weight loss.

I figure at my pace I can get to 170-175 and do a second round of P90X to get close to my goal weight. At that point I may switch to Insanity or something new for some variety. We will see.

Keep us posted of your results!
leopardspots is offline   Reply With Quote