South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thinking Through Thursday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I went to bed early because I didn't feel like doing anything but eating. I'm grateful that today is a new day! Thinking through yesterday, I have this new favorite (thx Mmc), Panzanella, which is really a nice dinner, but I decided for some reason that I wasn't going to eat bread yesterday and what I did was eat everything except the salad I deprived myself of. Thinking through today, it's summer, we have scads of tomatoes and if I feel like having 2 slices of healthy bread with my vegetarian dinner so be it!

Other than that, it's a super warm night-we woke up from the warmth in the house and went outside and listened to crickets. It's 72 degrees right now. Perfect for the garden and Kirk is picking 300 cherry tomatoes every day now. I just put a giant yellow squash in the dehydrator, too. Today is water aerobics and I don't know what else yet. Coffee, for sure.

See ya'll in a bit! Coffee is on Come and chat!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie! Sounds like a lovely day waking up there. Hope today is more satisfying food-wise. What is it about feeling like we are depriving ourselves that can really turn our eating upside down? Some days I'm fine and others I do what you did yesterday.
Are you drying all those tomatoes? I love drying cherries.

Today is another training day. Meanwhile Luna is off to the vet for another surgery for bladder stones. It's one of those weeks when I feel like everyone is pulling at me wanting something and I am a little stressed. I'm sure I'll get it all worked out in a few weeks.

Today is my Friday this week and if all goes well with Luna I'm off to NY tomorrow bright and early. Now to plan food for the day. The last training day went not so well. I didn't eat off plan but I didn't eat enough and was really hungry, not the best way to focus on a new job.

Hope your Thursday is a breeze
Old 08-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Deb! I'm wishing you a great OP day with lots of willpower! Your weather does sound delightful.

Cyndi, I hope poor Luna sails through the surgery and has a speedy recovery. I hope that a weekend with your parents help you de-stress and that everything settles down.

I didn't do very well yesterday. The girls baked oatmeal cookies in the morning, and I shouldn't have even sampled one, because it led to snacking on those darned things the rest of the day. I had roasted zucchini w/marinara sauce for lunch and a veggie salad for supper, but still. Today will be better, though!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Cyndi! TGIF! I hope all goes well with Luna. Kirk is drying as many tomatoes as he can. He loves them for snacks. In my latest book, Nourishing Wisdom, the author says that diet by deprivation definitely backfires. I sure saw that yesterday-I think the reason was that I was being too hard on my self (unrealistic) and I rebelled. Definite learning here.

Hi, Cottage! I hope your day is better, too. I think I need more coffee!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-19-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well everyone seems to have had a somewhat crappy yesterday. Here's to a better Today!

I've got a meeting re finances at the Mill this morning and probably will be off to City Hall this afternoon to correct a report I took in on Monday. Somewhere in the next two days I need to do all the baking I promised for the Saturday yard sale at the Church. I predict a couple of late nights in my future.

Gloriously cool out there this morning but going to 82º this afternoon.

On with the day, whatever it brings. There's always a surprise, either good or bad!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks.

Debbie - Just yesterday my husband and I were discussing the whole notion of deprivation and dieting. And how some people think denying any food means dooming one to crave it and binge instead. We could have a huge discussion on here on just this topic!

Cyndi - Sorry you are stressed. Hope all goes well with Luna today.

Linda - Baked cookies are torturous to resist! Last time my son was home I made him cookies for his arrival; this time I am making them for his departure so he takes them away fast!

Ruth - You are always so busy and so graciously doing stuff for others

My eating is finally back on track thanks to my new commitment of eating at the table. It is a huge help with my nighttime tendency to snack in front of the TV or with a book. Nothing much going on here. First day of HS went smoothly.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #7  

Morning all...hope today is better for everyone! Yesterday was my first real day back to work and it was very overwhelming! Stayed on plan until supper time and then I had some fried okra. My husband and I ended up eating out for supper because we were starving. Oh well I am back on track today...had a healthy breakfast and taking lunch so supper time should be much better today!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Eating only at the table....what a concept! Must try it.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 AM   #9  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning ladies!
This is the first morning I have wanted coffee in a while... or more maybe its the first time I have indulged... lol Its funny, dh had to go in to work a few hours in the wee hours of the morning so he is up watching tv, and hasn't went to bed yet while I am just waking up. I really don't enjoy that! The laundry is going and the dishwasher is calling to be unloaded... a few simple chores and I will enjoy the latter part of my day... But first... time to enjoy my coffee ;0)

Debbie- I wish I would have picked more cherry tomatoes... About 1/2 way through the plant being done dh decided he was tired of them as they were sweeter than regular tomatoes and now I miss them... there are a few out there but most are cracked and falling off the tree. We planted the sweet 100 plants this year and they were fabulous! Do you remember what kind you have?

Cyndi- hope all goes well with little luna! Do you feed her special food? I used to work at a vet and was a bit skeptical about all the special food but now after going through kidney failure with my kitty and giving her fluids everyday and her miraculously recovering I have no problem paying 40 bucks a bag for that prescription food... She seems to really like it too...

Ruth- enjoy your afternoon! I would be very happy with that 82 degrees!

Karen- Glad to hear the eating at the table has helped! I eat at the table 99% of the time too and I think it helps too!

Lisa- oy, I can hardly resist fried okra... Hope you have a great OP day today!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, Since I put in my notice at work last week life has been pretty crazy. I had just thought I'd be able to walk away no fuss, but I didn't realize how entrenched you get after more than 13 years in the same job. On top of which I'm having panic attacks wondering if I'm doing the right thing. My manager wanted to have a going-away luncheon, but I asked him please no - 8 people in my department have left in the last 2 months and that's just too many luncheons, but I heard they are doing it anyway. The woman who asked me if I would recommend her for my job has decided I am planning to take the work with me to the new company and that she is being set up, so dealing with her has not been fun. Once I start at the new job, I think I'll be in the Washington office 2 days/week, and then in the office near my house the rest of the week (fingers crossed). On those days, I'll be able to see the kids off to school before I go in, but the other days they'll be on their own. DH will be home until the end of September, so hopefully we can ease into our schedules by then.

Kids have open house at school today so they can find their classes, then they start on Monday. I still have supplies to buy. DS goes to the dentist today, then tomorrow AM back to Quantico again for another tie-up-loose-ends meeting. Can't wait for the weekend!

I started out the day wrestling with stinky trash, so off to the shower now. For some reason they haven't picked up our trash the last two pickup days. This is really bad because we picked crabs over the weekend. DH just threw the bags out there because it wouldn't fit in the can, and I wondered if that's why they didn't take them. So I crammed them into the can and hopefully they'll be gone tomorrow. Handling crab trash is stinky and also painful. I would have made DH do it but he's in NJ this week

Cyndi, best of luck to Luna today.
cottage, funny, I never have cookies in the house, but yesterday DD decided to make no-bakes and I admit I ate some.
rikki, I tried to watch your news clip but it won't run for me! I want to see it! I'm glad you got your job back.
Good morning, Lisa, Ruth, Debbie, Karen!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I'm amazed how far I can detour in the AM! It's almost time to head to the pool!

Ruth, enjoy your day! I'm wondering how much baking you promised...

Karen, funny I thought of you when I was discussing the deprivation thing with myself. I do think there is something to it, which is why I like Beck's idea of planning ahead when I crave something...I CAN have it tomorrow...I'll put it in the plan. I HAD planned ahead, then took it away from myself..not smart. Did you get nice pictures yesterday?

Lisa, ouch for your first real day back at work...that will take getting used to.

Rikki, did you get to the farmers market yesterday? I wish you were closer, I'd share tomatoes. We planted at least 6 varieties of cherrys. All quite different but yummy. I will have a list later...the tags are all buried.lol

Schmoodle, it sounds crazy....I hope it was 2 weeks notice, meaning you'll be finished soon. Oh...crab trash...yuck.

Ok, breakfast time!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #12  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Schmoo- :hugs: sounds like you've had it rough the past bit... Here's hoping the rest of your time at the job is as easy and painless as it can be!

Lex- yep, I finally made it and froze some green beans last night. I am not sure why I didn't plant any this year, I also got some zucchini as the squash bugs have gotten to mu zucchini and melons, and some red poblanos... We've still got some tomato plants going but it seems that this wasn't a good year for us... Out of about 16 plants only a handful are bearing tomatoes... frustrating, next year we will not plant more than 10! and will plant green beans! lol and something to deter the squash bugs hopefully! But, I do have an eggplant finally growing!

OK, I have rambled on about the garden long enough, time to get back to the laundry!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
pass the it's that day couldn't stay asleep last night so I'm ahving coffee with milk (have to invest in some soy creamer)

Karen I find the same thing with eating at the table! I eat less talk more with dh and am tasting my food.
Schmoo it's almost the weekend!
Hi To Everyone else!
bbl
Kierie
Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Crap lost my post don't have time to recreate
Have a great day everyone
Old 08-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #15  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Although . . . it's already afternoon for some of you. You can add me to the list of people who had a not-great day yesterday. Seems nothing is panning out the way I'd hoped. I'm 0/3 on the four pieces of good news I was hoping for these past two weeks. One more to go; I'm bracing myself.

But I stocked up on SB supplies at Central Market yesterday. My DH and I did stop for a beer, but other than that I stayed OP really well. (Since he's a brewer and used to write for a brewing magazine, I felt it was my spousal duty to help him out by sampling a new brew . . . BAD EXCUSE, I know.)

Have a nice day. I hope Thursday is fantastic for everyone all the way around.

~~Sally
Closed Thread