Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #1  

Default Splenda packet vs tablets

All the info I am seeing says you may have 3 packets of splenda a day. How many tablets equal a packet? I only have and can find tablets.

Thanks
frazzeled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #2  

Each Mini tablet is equal in sweetness to 1/2 of a SPLENDA packet, or to the sweetness of 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #3  

Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Holy cow, frazzeled....where do you live? The North Pole?

I thought Splenda packets where everywhere. We have them all over in grocery stores, drug stores, convenience stores, you name it. You're saying you can't find it in the stores? Even sucralose generic packets?

It's very rare to find the tablets around here. Sweet n' low tablets, yeah...but not the Splenda/sucralose tablets. But the packets are everywhere.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
Holy cow, frazzeled....where do you live? The North Pole?

I thought Splenda packets where everywhere. We have them all over in grocery stores, drug stores, convenience stores, you name it. You're saying you can't find it in the stores? Even sucralose generic packets?

It's very rare to find the tablets around here. Sweet n' low tablets, yeah...but not the Splenda/sucralose tablets. But the packets are everywhere.

deena
I live in the UK. You can find packets, but mostly they have tablets here. The UK does things just that bit different then the US ( I am an American who lives here so I know first hand ) Actually the tablets are a bit easier to use IMO. Less mess.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #6  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Frazzled, would you consider using stevia? It's a lot healthier. It has no carbs. I don't know if it comes in powder or liquid there.

Splenda is sucralose which is chlorinated sugar. Chlorine and chlorocarbons are not healthy things to ingest.

I grow the plants and use the leaves to make a sort of tea from them that tastes as sweet as syrup. You can grow them indoors, too.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLife View Post
Frazzled, would you consider using stevia? It's a lot healthier. It has no carbs. I don't know if it comes in powder or liquid there.

Splenda is sucralose which is chlorinated sugar. Chlorine and chlorocarbons are not healthy things to ingest.

I grow the plants and use the leaves to make a sort of tea from them that tastes as sweet as syrup. You can grow them indoors, too.
I asked about stevia at the health food store as my sister uses it. It is not licened to be sold in the UK. If you can get it, it will have to be imported as something other then food.

At least that is what the woman told me. She really wanted to be able to sell it.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Oops, the UK....I would never have thought that it would be hard to find Splenda packets there, for some reason. I do know that it's difficult to find certain American food items in Europe...but didn't really think it would include Splenda packets.

Can you buy them off the internet? I do know that they sell liquid Splenda on the internet. Or have relatives send a bunch to you over there? Personally, I prefer Splenda over Stevia because Stevia has a weird taste to me....like a grass/plant taste.

But I envy you for living in Europe. I'll be lucky if I ever even get to see Europe during my lifetime (unless I find someone rich to marry, lol)...but I would LOVE to be able to be there for a while...the cultures and the history are so fascinating to me.

deena

Last edited by Deena52; 08-18-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #9  

They do have it, but I could only find the tablets on my order ( we can order our groceries on line and have them delivered. That is a treat) So just needed to know what the ratio was tablet vs Packet.

Europe.. lovely place to vist. LOL. Its not that easy to live abroad. I do recommend travel. I think its very important. That said, we are looking to move back to the US. After 7 yrs I am ready.

So need to get this weight off as part of that whole "moving forward with life" kick I am on.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #10  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Frazzeled, I'm sorry I spelled your user name wrong. I lived in Europe for many years. I loved it, and I'm glad to be back in the US, even though there is much I miss.

Have you got a Crank's nearby? They might have something, if they are still in business. I used to buy things from them when I was in England.

ETA: This place has stevia:

http://www.godshaer.co.uk/stevia.php

Last edited by SilverLife; 08-18-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: added link
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote