Old 08-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/160

Height: 5'8

Default Attack of the WATER WEIGHT!

Ewwwwww!

So, I woke up this morning and IMMEDIATELY I felt it. You know when you just KNOW you're retaining water. Feeling puffy, and dried out at the same time. Kind of like a crinkled sausage. Ick.

I don't know what in the world happened yesterday, but I'm going to go back and check ALL the ingredients in what I ate to check for sodium content. Also, I didn't drink as MUCH water as I should have, so maybe that was part of the problem? And I got a vaccination... but that couldn't do anything could it? Not to mention I was stressed to high **** but I'm pretty sure that's not the water retention culprit either.

Whatever it was, I'm gonna find it and try not to let it happen again. BUT for now, how do I lose this water? I feel just ick! I've been drinking MORE water even though I feel like that might be counter productive, it seems like a good idea at the same time. I've got a workout planned for a little later in the day. I've got some diuretic pills, are those a bad idea? What foods can I eat that act as natural diuretics?

I KNOW its just water weight, but it still sucks jumping on the scale in the morning and seeing POUNDS of weight increase . Bodies are tricky, but I'll figure mine out eventually!
TheActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #2  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

You know it's water weight, so the thing to do is.....follow your plan. And drink water. That's it. Don't mess up your body taking a diuretic or change your foods to combat this temporary situation. Just keep doing what you normally do, and it will go away. Perhaps not in the next ten minutes, but it will go away.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/135/120

Height: 5'2"

It strange but the best way to combat water retention and dehydration are both to drink water like crazy. I sure wish that stuffing more food in my mouth was the best way to get rid of excess fat and calories :-)
applelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/295/160

Height: 5'8

LOL, I guess my original thought was right then even if it seemed counterproductive. I've been guzzling water like a fish so hopefully that helps out.

Oh, and Reji, I didn't mean CHANGING plan to incorporate foods that might act as a diuretic. But what foods might be on plan, and healthy that also act as natural diuretics, if that makes sense. I know I think there are some fruits and stuff. Mehh, just curious.
TheActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Lay off the salt for a few days and don't gorge yourself with water...you have plenty already, just drink normally. Also, if you have been eating lots of veggies and fruit lately, there could be a huge BM coming your way. Your colon can hold several pounds of roughage.

BTW, Cucumbers are a terrific natural diuretic.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote