Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Good morning

So I can't believe it is that time of year again. I am going to register my kids for school. Where has this year gone? I started school clothes shopping and still have so much more to do. Shopping for three this year and next year it will be FOUR. I may need to take out a small loan. lol!

After registering the kids it's off to the mall to check out some stores for good deals, grocery shopping to get ready for the rest of the week, and then take the dogs for a long walk.

Guess I wanted to talk about something other than weightloss this morning.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #2  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

The summer has gone so fast! I teach high school English and will be back in school NEXT WEEK...I know those mamas have their kids all packed up and waiting at the bus stop. I don't really want to go to school, but I'm looking forward to seeing former students and meeting my new ones.

The school year brings real challenges - academic and personal. I'm going to meet them with more positive attitudes and results this year.

Enjoy your day!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/293/150

Height: 5.5

I am new here, hi! 3 of mine are starting school tomorrow, my other is in high school and doesnt start yet. I can't believe how fast summer vacation flew by!
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256.8/251.6/180

Height: 5'10"

My son started back last Thursday. I think they start earlier here than anywhere else in Florida!
BFC2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

My son graduated 2 years ago, and i don't miss the shopping at all, it's so expensive, his senior year cost a fortune, cap , gown, pictures, and everything else that comes with it. Crush you might want to start a senior year savings account ( no joke). I do miss my kids , being well kids, and I am
very proud of them .
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #6  

Default I did it!

So after 3 months of not running, I jumped out of bed, threw on my gym clothes and got ready to go running. Walked outside and it was raining. Disappointing yes, but I didn't let it discourage me. I just changed plans and jumped on the treadmill. (not my favorite thing to do). It was not a pretty site. Just 3 months ago I was runnng 4 miles in 45 minutes. Today 2 miles in 28 minutes. Oh well. The important thing is that I did it. Yay me! I am back on track and ready to go.

Next on my list for the day:

Apply for a couple of jobs. Wish me luck.

Shopping for shoes and school supplies. I have all of the school clothes shopping done (small fortune, and much whining involved).

Grocery shopping. Need to stock the house with food so I am not tempted to go out and eat. (my biggest obstacle)

Last edited by LTs girl; 08-16-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #7  
Less Juicey

Good luck with your job search, LTs girl, and Yay you for exercising again! I'm impressed. I hate exercise; I walk almost every day, but I'm not enjoying it. It's a thousand degrees even at night here. And I have to go back to school Thursday...I'm not as excited about it as the mamas are!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #8  

You better believe this mama is happy. WOOOOOOHOOOO!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

LT's girl I am proud of you getting up and running, Yeah
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

I can't believe the kids go back to school so early nowadays. Used to be that school never started until after Labor Day. And late August can be the hottest time of the summer.....hate to think of the poor kids that have to go back to schools that don't have A/C in the classrooms.

This bums me out because it reminds me of my sons going back to school and it would always make me sad because I loved having them home with me and missed them when they went to school. I'm weird like that.
I used to love it because it always reminded me of moving into the dorm and seeing all my dorm friends again and all the college fun starting again. But then later, when my children became school-aged....it turned negative in my mind because I hated to see them go back to school.

Congrats on the running, LT's girl. I don't know how the heck you did that with this heat and humidity. Walking is hard enough in it.....why I only do it in the early am. or the later evening these days. Looking forward to autumn weather....it's my favorite time of the year.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:01 AM   #11  
Less Juicey

Me too, Deena. I'm ready for that beautiful NC fall weather. I'll extend my walks.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #12  

I know everyone is talking about the heat wave, but I live in Cheyenne and if you take a look at our weather you would understand. Right now it is 53 degrees out and sunny @ 0800 in the morning.

I am happy for the kids to go back to school, but not because I want them out of the house. We just moved here and they haven't been to school yet. So none of my children (I have 4) have really met any friends. It will be nice for them to get out of the house and to be away from each other for a little bit. There has been a lot of bickering lately.

Alright I have to share. I was walking through Wal-Mart yesterday and this guy was checking me out, only not the kind of guy you want to check you out-more like creepy wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley kind of guy- and as I was leaving the store he yelled "git r done sweet thing". So even though it was "creepy guy" I am still taking this as a compliment and keeping up the work.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #13  

Hahaha! You're so funny, LT's girl. Hey....it's a start. And as you continue to lose, the gawkers will improve in quality.

It's funny.....guys check me out now....and of course, it's mainly older men because let's face it, I'm almost 60. But whenever that happens, for some reason I feel kinda guilty and think "man, if they only knew how fat I was". I think that the guilty feeling is connected to me thinking that my slender figure is somehow misleading them and that I'm a faulty product because I am always at risk of getting fat if I'm not careful.....if that makes any sense.

Last week, we had this really weird "brown-out" due to the heavy use of A/C in the area, I guess. And it was so weird because only part of everyone's condo was affected. Certain outlets worked and certain others lost power....and it was the exact same pattern in each and every condo in the building. Like everyone's AC went down but certain lights worked...and others didn't (thank God we had a ceiling fan in here that continued to work...as this lasted almost 7 hours).

Well anyway....the punchline here is that when it first happened, we could not figure out what was going on....so I went outside and there happened to be this heating and air conditioning company guy outside of his vehicle....so I asked him about it....and he was explaining to me what might be happening. I'd say the guy was at least in his 50's....but the thing is, while he was talking to me, he kept looking me up and down to the point of making me uncomfortable. I was wearing tight jeans and a short top.

It caused me to mull over what's worse....having guys (or even women) checking me out and I know it's because I'm fat....versus having guys looking me up and down when I look good. And I have to say, I think it's a toss-up.
But the result was that I felt so creeped-out that I went out of my way to avoid the guy for the rest of the time he was in the area.

deena
Old 08-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #14  

Thanks Deena. I know it's a start but I don't care much about the gawkers, as long as my husband is still one of them. lol. AC guy sounds creeeepy.

I was proud this morning b/c I dragged myself out of bed and ran on the treadmill again. I was a little upset with myself for not working out yesterday, but didn't let it discourage me from eating right and getting up this morning. Usaually if I mess up, I talk myself into doing it right "next week". For some unknown reason I have to start things on a Monday.

I feel like I have been stuck in the 170's forever. I AM going to get into the 160's in the next 2 weeks, then the 150's, 140's. But once I leave the 170's I never want to see them again.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #15  

LT's girl~

It became more and more difficult and slower to lose as I became closer and closer to goal weight. And what really helped me was 1) absolutely NO cheating and 2) calorie cycling (alternating calories on different days). Those two things, IMO, are what made me able to burst through plateaus as they became more and more of a problem.

I do remember though that I did not show loss every day or anything like that.....the scale would bounce around...and suddenly show a nice loss one day...then bounce around again. But I definitely saw a surge of downward movement of the scale when I kicked in the calorie cycling (throw in a few low-calorie days here and there).

It's very demoralizing to hit plateaus. We tend to figure out some sort of time schedule for how we plan the weight loss to go....be at a certain weight by a certain day/time frame....but we usually don't adequately factor in the slow down that happens as we get lower. It's not a consistent loss pattern, though once it's accomplished you can look back and see that it was fairly consistent from an over-all perspective.
But the plateaus can make one frustrated (and angry) enough to give up....at the very least, to temporarily fall off the wagon and cheat. Figuring how to push through them is really helpful. If increasing the exercise doesn't do it...you could consider trying a bit of calorie cycling to see if that would help.

deena