Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 11:06 AM   #1  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Default LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

I hope no one minds that I started a new thread. The other one was getting long.

Today is the day. I know, I know I've said it a million times, but I think I've found something that sticks.
I'm eating 6 meals a day, having a protein and a carb at each meal and exercising 5-6 days a week for one hour and having a "free" day. I just finished my first exercise class, Body Toning and it was great! It's the best workout I've had in months! And I even feel better after this than I do after just cardio or just lifting weights!
I'm going to give this a try and see how it feels. I have trouble sticking with something for longer than a few weeks because it's boring or too strict of rules so I'm hoping that this will help with those issues.

I'm not going to count calories. I hate counting calories. I think that is one of my reasons for not sticking to "dieting". I'm just going to stick to the basics. And PROPER SERVING SIZES! But I am going to write down everything I eat.

Enough about that....

28 days until I move into my new house! I'm getting more and more excited. I have gotten alot of packing done so far too.

Dh and I had a great weekend off together. Friday was his bday so we had dinner reservations at a casual fine dining restaurant. Thank God we had a $75 gift certificate to use, cause the bill came to $122! We had an appetizer, Scallops au gratin, dh had a 10 ny steak and I had Pork loin with peaches, we shared a dessert, German chocolate cake and we went through 2 750 ml bottles of wine! It's the wine that's expensive $25 a bottle!
Saturday we spent the day/night in Niagra Falls. We had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays. It was the first time I ate there. It wasn't as great as I though it would be and it was highly expensive.
We had dinner at the Keg. Which I have never ate there before either. It was fairly reasonably priced. The steak was out of this world! Anyways, to say the least, I drank enough wine this weekend to fill a small liqour cabinet!

Well I'm off to hit the showers! I've gotta go and buy some new underwear. I'm running out and I hate that!

Talk to you all later!
~Kelly~
Old 03-03-2003, 06:12 PM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Kelley-Good for you for getting motivated. I am having a tough time with that right now!!!

Squeak-I remember MONTHS ago when we were talking about hockey....you like the Rangers, right? My DS is in New york this week and he is going to a Rangers game tonight!!

More on that.....My DS (16) is in New York for a Model UN conference this week. (Plus sightseeing!!) I cannot BELIEVE how fast he is growing up!! I am so proud of him, but also pretty nervous. This is the longest he has been away without a family member being with him. My Mom took him to England 2 years ago, but he had her and the rest of the (British side) family with him. Other than that he has only had in-state conferences. His group is representing Nicaragua, and they will be meeting with the Nicaraguan ambassadors to run their research by them and make sure they are on the right track. The conference opens and closes in the UN building, but most of it will be in their hotel. They are ALSO going to see a play (Urinetown) and probably will go to see The Museum of Modern Art and Ellis Island (NO ELLIS, it ISN'T IN OTTAWA!!!) and the Statue of Liberty. They left the school this morning at 4:30 am, so needless to say DH took him!!! I actually got up to kiss him goodbye, which to those of you who know my sleep patterns, proves how much I love him!!!!! So all of you picture him in his business suit with his hair longer than his shoulders, fighting for Nicaragua's point of view and send him a lot of "non-nervous" vibes. He is good at this, but he is nervous!! Did I mention that I am too?!?!?!?!?
Old 03-03-2003, 07:06 PM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Den - That is so exciting!!! I will be thinking calming thoughts for you and him also. And while I shouldn't admit it - I am a diehard Sabres fan. We suck big time this year. But the Rangers would be an awesome game. Tonight the Islanders have to win instead. That has one of my 2 future hockey husbands. Mike Peca. *sigh* The other one is Marty Biron on the Sabres.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That must be very exciting for your DS Den! Sending : to him for a nerve free -top notch speech
Old 03-04-2003, 12:04 AM   #5  

THANKS GOILS!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 07:48 AM   #6  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Den and Squeak--Dh and I have tickets to go see Toronto(which is my favourite team) play Buffalo at the Air Canada Center on March 22nd! The tickets were given to dh by a sales rep. They are $180 a piece! Needless to say we'd never pay that much for the tickets! They are in the gold section of the ACC which is right behind the players bench! It's going to be so exciting! LOL

I'm so excited about going to the gym again today. I'm going to do another exercise class. This one is Total Body Blast. It's 1/2 step and 1/2 floor aerobics. Tomorrow I'll have to go to the night time class because I work during the day at my p/t job. I going to do the pilates class.

And today is my favourite day of the week...NOT! Laundry day. I'll be so happy after we move and I have my own washer and dryer and that I won't have to lug 3 baskets of clothes to the laundry mat.

Anyways, I'm off to read some more threads.
Have a great day all and I'll check back in here later.

~Kelly~
Old 03-04-2003, 08:06 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Den, I'm so excited for DS#1!! What a wonderful time he must be having! I went to NY as a teen with my art group, and we had such a hoot. It's a great age to go and really appreciate the city.
We didn't get to see The Lady, though. She was under re-construction.
Let us know all about his trip when he gets back!
And yes, I can picture him in his suit with his hair...
Old 03-04-2003, 07:31 PM   #8  

OI812-COOL! Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Free tickets are the ONLY way to go!!!

Ellis-This should really be a great learning experience for him.......AND A COMPLETE BLAST!!!!! I have never been to NYC, so he is going to have to fill me in!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:16 PM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

Very cool tickets Kelly! My guess is TO will win. Bold predicition, I know. We are 2nd to last in the NHL. Only Carolina is worse, and only by a point.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:22 AM   #10  

Squeak sweetie, how are you doing? You don't have to answer, but I've been thinking about you... didn't want to pry if you were feeling crappy....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:49 AM   #11  
Cute & Fluffy

I am ...... ok. I will come back later with details after I get some work done. And Ellis, honey, asking me how I am is never prying.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #12  

Sounds like Squeak needs some hugs and kisses too.....
xxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Old 03-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

Thank you Den.

And thank you Ellis for asking how I am.

It's funny, I had actually wanted to be asked that, but by someone else. Though that didn't happen. *sigh* Oh well. Not that that means I am not glad you asked.

The relatively short answer is work hasn't been fun, I have taken a HUGE step back from the boy and there seems to be no worry from him over it - but I am having issues over it, I maybe sucking it up and playing nice with K (my friend out in CA, that I had been having issues with) because after our last conversation I feel like a complete and utter jackass, I came close to telling my aunt off, the whole diet/weight thing has really been getting to me, while I will not stop going places I want to go - going by myself is also really getting to me, and I am sick of winter. Oh and the weird dream I had the other night that the boy and his new gf showed up at my house to visit.

In the good news - my nephew is getting so big, and is just adorable. He smiles when I walk in the house and say "Hey baby". And one of my cousins is expexting a baby next month, and I can't wait. And my ceramics class is still going well and is a lot of fun. And my friends at work are wonderful people.

The full details are long, and kinda boring. As for mood I am just kinda here, as opposed to being depressed or happy.

Den - when does DS come home? I have never been to NYC. That is so exciting.

How is everyone else doing?
Soozie - you still out there? Hopefully you aren't sick again!

Off to eat dinner since I skipped lunch.

Old 03-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #14  

I suspected as much, Squeak. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy. I wish I could make you all better. Hang in there you lovely girl... you're a honey, and don't you let anyone drag you down.
love and hugs...
xoxo
Old 03-05-2003, 09:04 PM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

Thank you for the wonderful words Ellis.
Closed Thread