General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/238/150

Height: 5"8

Default Breaking Out Like a Teenager

Hey everyone, wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem! Since I've been exercising everyday (walking on the readmill at least 3 miles) my face has been breaking out something awful!! I'm assuming it's from the exercise since I wasn't doing it before. Anyone else ever have this problem?!?
Twilight Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Do you have product on your face while you're working out, do you pull your hair back (so you're not sweating hair products into your face), and do you wash your face IMMEDIATELY after?
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I had that problem, but I had a habit of working out with makeup on because I worked out mid-day often. Once I started working out with a clean face (and started washing my face immediately after whether I had any makeup on or not) it stopped.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/238/150

Height: 5"8

When I work out I don't have make-up on but, I do pull my hair back. I do get pretty sweaty. I haven't been washing my face afterwards. I guess I need to try that. It's awful, drives me crazy! I think I'm gonna get some better face wash too!
Twilight Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #5  
False? Never. TROO!

S/C/G: 262/219/130

Height: 5'6"

What works for me:

1) Work out with your hair back and wash your face before and after.

2) No makeup while working out.

3) Consider taking a biotin supplement (if you don't already have biotin in a multivitamin that you take, if you take them) Biotin is wonderful for nails, hair, and skin.

4) MOST IMPORTANT: Drink a ridiculous amount of water! Since I started drinking nothing but water my face has gone from looking occasionally pizza-esque to the clearest it's ever been. I drink on average between 4 to 5 liters of water a day, sometimes more.
squidcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Height: 5'6"

Also clean the treadmill handles and anything else you touch on the machine!! (Especially if it's at a gym and not your own.) And wash your hands and face immediately after exercising, and if you use your own towel, wash that after every use, and ideally your workout clothes too.

It sounds obsessive -- and I am not this compulsive with my cleaning at home -- but I got a lot of colds the first couple of months I started going to the gym, and since I started cleaning before and after that doesn't happen. My gym provides the cleanser spray bottles and paper towels but I notice few people use them.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:38 AM   #7  
miamimelting

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I had the same problem. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop coming either. It started out as a few small spots here or there and turned cystic. I tried everything...every informercial...every spa treatment. Nothing! I ended up having to go to the dermatologist and they put me on an antibitoic that cleared it right up. Sometimes our hormones change. I never had acne in my life until then. I'm 33 years old! I spent a year trying to get rid of it. The AB's got rid of it in less than a month. Just an idea!
miamimelting is offline   Reply With Quote