General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #1  

Question What is your most satisfying dish?

What is your most satisfying dish or recipe?
What fills you up?
ddpmkrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #2  

Just lately nothing tastes very good. My dh made homemade jamoca almond fudge ice cream. Wow!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i use to really love jack in the box tacos, they were deep fried and smothered in cheese so that's not something i can realistically budget now-a-days. I make my own tacos with ezekiel tortillas, low fat skim cheese, and a mixture of brown rice and lentils with romaine lettuce and hot sauce. it's very good! even the little ones like it, and it's super filling.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #4  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Okay, I know it may sound weird during the summer, but I make an awesome bean soup. Its a slow cooker soup, so it's not like you have to slave over the hot stove, and it's super simple to make. I think it's really filling and not to high in calories. I love this stuff, I make a pot of it and freeze individual portions for later.

I don't know if I can post the link, so if you're interested in the recipe, it's at the Betty Crocker website, it's called Slow Cooker Easy Multi-Bean Soup. Nutritional info is included, I use veggie broth since I am not eating meat.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #5  

Hi,
This soup sounds great. I notice it makes 12 servings-what size is a serving? I could not find it on the Betty Crocker site. I wish I had some right now.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #6  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

I do a vegetarian chili (4-6 different types of beans, depending on what I have on hand, and veggies) that freezes wonderfullly and is appreciated by anyone who's ever had it. I like it because my son (who plays soccer and burns cals like crazy) can eat it as a burrito with shredded cheese and sour cream, while I like mixing it with brown rice or, for a lighter meal, with veggie broth to make soup. My husband eats it with nachos, or the same way I do. Very adaptable and filling, easy to bring to work, pot lucks, etc.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

There's a taco bake listed in the SB recipe area and it's REALLY good and really filling when served over lots of lettuce and topped w/ reduced fat sour cream and diced tomatoes. I also really like the chili-spiked sweet potatos served w/ sriracha dipping sauce that I posted the recipe for. YUM!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #8  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Right now it's a cabbage, spinach & turkey meatball soup (my answer to italian wedding soup). When tomatoes are allowed in my plan again it will be chili, i looove chili -- it's so filling, tasty and comforting.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Homemade baked falafels (chickpea patties) with some yogurt-dill dressing, wrapped up with chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in a pita. Lots of different flavors together plus some crunch.

Also, this is going to sound wacky to some, but I just made a great dinner tonight that was very satisfying, with a big heap of greens from the market tossed with some sardines/anchovies, garlic, and olive oil sauteed in a pan. And a fried egg (no oil) on top. The greens were wild greens from the local farmers' market, weeds basically -- dandelions, chicory etc., and they are kinda tough and assertive and a little bitter. I found the anchovies/garlic suggestion on a website on traditional Italian cooking. Really great if you like the fishy/salty/garlicky thing. And the sardine tin said something about Omega-3s. (Not sure what exactly, it was in Italian, but I'm sure they're good for you.)
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #10  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I love a few things

Coq Au Vin ( chicken dish )
Chicken fricassee with dumplings
Hamburger stroganoff

All low in fat, not bad on calories and fill those food groups
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #11  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Grass-fed burger fried in butter, a little cottage cheese and sliced tomatoes

or

Bacon and eggs

are two of my favorites.

I'm on a low-carb food plan.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #12  
GmaTo8

My favorite right now is piping hot spaghetti squash topped with marinara sauce loaded with chunky vegetables. Mmmm!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote