Old 08-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #236 Bale of Turtles Setting Labor Day Challenges

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving ech other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Good to see you. My Labor Day Challenge is to be in the 170's. To do that I need to:
1. at least 4x/week
2. Eat filling foods as more than 75% of my points.
3. Limit my bread servings to 2daily.
4. Drink more water

What ideas do you have to reach your short-term goal?
Judy
234.6/186.6/into the 170's by Labor Day
Old 08-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday!

Went to Aqua Fit last night - the new gym has opened finally that is super close to my house, same company just a much better location - I checked their class schedule and their Aqua Fit classes are on different night then the other location so i will have to adjust but the one night is the same night as my TOPS so I will have to skip that one. I am so glad they finally opened though as I was not super fond of the drive to the other one.

We had lightening strike a tree in our yard last evening while I was at class... DH was home for it and there was not a ton of damage, it could have been way way worse! This is a HUGE old oak tree that is not in great shape to begin with so I was worried when he called to tell me what had happened but it was not so bad... we have some wood now for the fire pit... LOL. Crazy weather lately for everyone it seems.

Labor Day Challenege:
2-3 classes at the gym per week
Walk at least 2 time per week
Eat within my points
Try and only eat when I am truly hungry and knock off the emotional eating that I tend to do lately.
Lose 5 lbs... I would like more but lets face it... it is not exactly falling off me anymore

Judy: Good job with your W/I - anything in the negative is a wonderful thing! Sounds like you are doing really good!

Bandit: How are you doing? Has it cooled off at all for you?

All: Have a great day!

W/I tonight for me... I am sure hoping for something in the negative!!!

Last edited by Princess1122; 08-12-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #4  

Sorry i didnt post yesterday. I gained .4 this week. It could be worse so i will take it. Still feeling stressed but i think it is now getting to a manageable level. I am going to try harder this week and see if i can take any off. Must keep moving. No Matter How Slow!
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #5  

Good morning all and happy Friday!

Went to W/I last night but did not stay for the meeting... I was down 2.4 lbs... I was very happy about that but just not feeling well so headed home, had some supper and then went to bed. Better today just the lack of sleep is catching up with me I think and thursdays are hard, I get dehydrated because I don't drink hardly anything compared with what I normally do because of W/I and I eat less during the day... I think is it more the lack of hydration then the food... LOL.

DH and I are going out to eat Saturday night with the family so that should be a good time. We are going to a like Italian place that DS found so I will really have to watch what I order as it is not normally weight loss friendly.

I hope that everyone is doing well, Have to run!

Cherry: I am so happy that you are doing better... I hope it stays that way for you and continues to improve!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  
Chick

Cherry, up .4# is hardly anything and I you're on the right track for this week. You're doing it! Keep up the good work and here's and : for a good week!

Princess, : What a great weight loss! This is exactly what you want. Weigh to go! Sorry you didn't feel well, but at least you know the reason. Hey, about the Italian restaurant:
The WW Cheat Sheet shows that one cup of pasta with marinara sauce is 7 points. Vodka sauce on pasta is also 7 points. The trick is to limit it to one cup, but I think those are both pretty good values. A huge salad first, a Diet Coke or seltzer, and a cup of coffee following and you've had a good dinner for not killer points. Good luck and most of all, enjoy!!!!

Bandit, thanks for the wonderful grilled pineapple rings topped with Cool Whip. I would have never thought of that and it sounds yummy.

All goes well here. Looking forward to our luau tomorrow. Then really going ahead in the month, it'll be quiet around here since my dd and her family are taking a vacation in Disney. I will try to get dh to have a nice time away also. we'll see.

Have a great day everyone. It's Friday the 13th., so don't walk under any ladders. LOL

I'm working on my challenge today and will be on the as soon as dh wakes up.

Judy
234.6/186.6/into the 170's by Labor Day
Old 08-14-2010, 07:56 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone! Had a huge storm come thru here last night... pretty much wiped out the veggie garden... ugh! Lots of work to do to clean it up but more storms expected today...

Heading out to my Aqua Fit class then on to my knitting glass, then to the grocery store... will end the day going out to supper with the family. I will be using Judy's suggestions for my menu picks! Thanks Judy!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday!

Had a nice weekend ... Saturday went well with the exception of DH came down with a flu bug and did go out to dinner with us, he told me that he would be fine and to go without him. The resturant was wonderful and we had a good time.

Sunday morning I decided to try something new, the gym that I go to has cycling/spinning classes and there was one at 9:15 Sunday morning so I thought "why not?" I told myself that if it was way to hard or if I did not like it that I could always leave... but I loved it! I made it through the whole hour and ended up going approx 16 miles - time went fast and it was one heck of a workout! I will be doing that at least once a week.

Friday night we got hit with a terrible storm, lots of flooding and some damage to the yard and garden but over all we were lucky. We are just so flat here that when we get a lot of rain really fast it has no where to go...

How was everyone's weekend? I hope that all is well and that we all have a good week and a fabulous W/I!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 PM   #9  
Returnee

Hi Turtles!!!!!

It's good to be home. I actually got home on Tuesday of last week, but the typical chaos ensued and, well, here I am, almost a week later.

I will have to keep this short n' sweet though... I used to be a massage therapist, working in the Napa Valley (yeah, real tough job ) and had to quit because of tendinitis, which lead to trigger finger and carpal tunnel. Well, the tendinitis in my elbowS (yes, both, even being a lefty it's normally my right that's bad) has flared up from something I did (still trying to figure that out) and I alternate between feeling just fine, and feeling like I got whacked on my funny bone, then the fingers go numb - which as you can imagine makes typing interesting . Such fun!

I'm outta here right now to go pick up my prescription. Anti-inflammitories, here I come!!!!!!

Missed checkin' in with you guys! I'll get caught up and posting soon!

And no, while in California the rabbits did NOT take over my house. Thank God for small miracles.... I half expected them to have come in, reset my DVR and eat all the food in the fridge.

Toodles for now Turtles,

Tess

Last edited by Clever Tessa; 08-16-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

So I just really started weight watchers, along with my last year of nursing school joy. I am trying to actually trying to exercise this week. Which is my main problem.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all!

I went home yesterday after work and got started on the yard work... started at 4:30 and did not get done till after 8:00, we had a real mess from the storms... I did not get into the veggie garden last night but need to today after work and before my Aqua Fit class, I can see tomatoes, etc that are just screaming to be picked.

Nothing much is new here today... just chugging along. It has been quiet around here lately, hope everyone is well!

Tessa: So glad to see you back! I hope that you had a nice trip and very sorry to hear about your elbows! I have that in my left elbow, have for a long time, it never seems to go away. Hope you feel better soon!

Talk soon!
princess
Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, everyone!

Enjoyed my camping trip with the ladies and overall the weather was great.
Rained abit during the night & then again when we were packing up, but that was it. Swam in lake 2 times & that was great - beautiful beach!
Food was good - but not exactly point friendly but kept snacks under control and we walked lots. So really nice time.

Princess - congrats on the weigh loss, that is fabulous!

Judy - hope your luaua went well

Life4evr - welcome to our group and good luck on this journey.

This week have to do more yard work, have diner cruise Thurs night, my cousin is coming Fri for sleepover at trailer, singles dance Sat night and potluck Sun afternoon & in between visit with my dd. So super busy week.
Will miss my Tops meeting since that is cruise night.

Everyone else - hope you are all doing great on this crazy weigh loss journey.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #13  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

bandit2~ Glad to hear your camping trip went well! Sounds like you have a fun weekend coming up!

Princess1122~ Did you get to your tomatoes?

life4evr~ Exercise is a big problem for me too. Have you come up with any plans to try and help you get your exercise in?

Clever Tessa
~ If you had left some porridge out for them, you might have found them sleeping in your bed... Glad to hear California went well!

Itryharder
~ How did your luau go?

So my mom's computer is finally working... and I'm trying to get back OP! Goal for today is to avoid the soda and get a walk in!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:38 PM   #14  
Chick

to life4ever, we're a great group of gals who are persistent, maybe not fast, but persistent weight losers! Tell us a bit more about yourself. I'll fill in next time I post, but right now I'm in a big hurry!

Hi to all the Turtles,
Luau went great----having ds and his younger kids here has been hectic and challenging as far as food. I'll post later, but wanted to say hello.
WI tomorrow won't be great, but that's okay. I know the reason. Good to see lots of us chiming in. I think it was a very busy weekend for most of us.

Judy
234.6/186.6/170's by Labor Day
Old 08-17-2010, 06:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

@KimL1214 no I am working on a plan now. I am hoping after the first week of class my schedule settles down I can make that exercise and a better sleep schedule. My eating today has been horrible.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote