South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Talking Sunny Summer Weekend Beach Chatter

Good Morning

I am happy today!!!! You may ask why?? It's because after reading about everyone's adventures weekend after weekend, I'm finally going on one! Crested Butte Actually, we're leaving early tomorrow and returning Tuesday. We're taking bikes, fishing poles, SBD friendly foods and puppies! We'll be in a remote cabin with friends and without wifi so I'll be MIA ...now that doesn't happen often. Oh, and I almost forgot, I get to drive right through Colorado Fruit Country!

Today, I am planning food to stay on plan, going to the farmers market, and riding my bike. A well deserved break, me thinks!

What is on your weekend to-do list? Stop by and say Hi then stop by later and say Hi, again !

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-14-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Oh my Debbie, that looks beautiful! Have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures to share.

I woke up with a raging headache that required me to get out of bed at 5 so my neck could realign. Blah. Can't be in a bad mood though. We are off to pick up my new car this morning and I have my new job work schedule planned for the week I'll be back later.

Hope your weekend includes at least a small adventure and plenty of time for R & R

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-14-2010 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Oh, Cyndi I'm sorry to hear about your headache and neck. I haven't checked out your car on the net, but will, soon! What a big step!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

And a sunny good morning to you, Debbie! Crested Butte looks breathtakingly beautiful, you're very fortunate to spending a few days there! Have a super time, and I hope you can stock up on tons of yummy fruit to bring home with you! We'll miss you but will be eager to hear all about your adventures.

Eric, Monica and Carley stopped in on their way home from their vacation, and are going to spend a few days with us. It's my granddaughter, Amber's, birthday today, too, and she's turning 10, so my entire weekend will be filled with celebrating. I still haven't decided on a present for Amber, but I'm going to let her choose whatever she wants.

Gotta run! The troops are stumbling out of bed already!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, sorry you woke up in pain! I think you just have too much going on in your mind. Feel better soon, and congratulations on your new car!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, it sounds like a really fun day with family and a birthday party! Enjoy!

I've finished my office work and think I'll take a little cat-nap!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Blast it! Lost my post. I should know better than to go snooping elsewhere in the middle of composing.

Debbie, that really threw me to see my own post. I don't even remember posting it. We do need a giggle once in a while. I must resurrect the old ** Snork ** posts.

Cyndi, hope that headache clears out pronto. This is a big weekend for you with a new job and a new car. Maybe you'll spot a bird for your life list and then the weekend will be perfect.

Cottager, sounds like you have a fun week ahead. Be sure to save some energy for our trip to the wilds of the Cape. It was great talking to you yesterday.

I have a bit of an adventurous day ahead. My semi-insane cousin Bronwen (even her name is weird) is bringing three friends for lunch - vegeterian pizza. Their names are Rajiv, Gauri and Dhruv and I'm pretty sure they've never been in small town Ontario. I may do lunch at Bob's Diner and put them into true culture shock.

Time to crank it up around here and get some niggles done before company arrives. Another coffee on the deck sounds like more fun and I just may do that. It's a long winter so celebrate the season.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - I didn't know CO had a Fruit Country. Have a great time.

Cyndi - A new car! What did you get? Hope your headache feels better already.

Linda - Enjoy the celebrations. My mom has started a tradition where she takes each grandkid shopping for his/her birthday once they hit a certain age. The older ones, like mine, who prefer money, get taken to lunch. She loves to tell how my son searched the store for the most expensive box of lego he could find one year!

Ruth - Those are the kind of names I just skim over and don't even try to pronounce in my head. Have a great day.

Melanie - Just spent a couple of days at the lake and am glad to be back. I overeat there every darn time. Sigh.

My oldest is driving himself back from campus - over 1100 miles! He went halfway yesterday so I expect him home tonight. He has just under two weeks until he heads back (but my husband will make that drive with him). Our teen houseguest is gone but now my BIL is here since his air conditioning is broken. So another day without a bike ride.

Have a wonderful weekend all.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,
Sounds like everyone has a nice weekend plan, but sorry about your head Cyndi! The weather was gorgeous here yesterday and seems like it will be again today. I'm taking my son to the ped. first thing this am, then we'll run some errands and have a couple of playdates this afternoon. We've got friends coming over for dinner later so I've got to get my meat marinating soon...not sure what we're doing tomorrow. We're trying to be frugal as we spent so much last weekend while away.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #10  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Sounds like a great weekend for everyone. Cyndi, FYI, the New Car Smell works wonders for a headache. : ) Ruth, looks to me like you may be the one in for culture shock at lunch today! Karen, where is your son going to school? Debbie, have fun camping! My brother and his wife are just finishing up a cabin in a remote part of NM that they built by hand, no running water, no electricity. (I think they used a neighbor's generator for their tools.)

Starting Phase II tomorrow--must go research. Have a lovely weekend!

~~Sally
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Karen, Colorado fruit country is on the Western slope. Right now we have apricots just falling off the trees...peaches almost ripe. Glad your DS gets to come home for two weeks! Enjoy!

Mmc, have a nice weekend! I tried a panzanella salad last night. It's definitely a keeper! Yum! We're on a major budget, too. oh well.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #12  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Glad you're going off on a great adventure, Lexxiss! Hope your head is better, Cyndi! And happy birthday to granddaughter Amber, cottage. I hope she doesn't ask for a pony.

I'm resting this weekend and getting ready for school. I had another heart palpitations incident yesterday and spent all afternoon at the doctor's. It's exactly one year ago that I had my first one. They found nothing wrong with me, then or now, but it was unnerving!

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm a bit worried about Cat, as there was just something on the news about how New Orleans is preparing for storms.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Rushing to get out of the house between rain storms, so will read personals when I get home.

Had a great first 2 days at school. Both of my classes seem pretty good. (I only teach Language arts to my homeroom and the one across the hall...we switch classes) One little guy is going to give me a run for my money, but not a completely out of control kiddo.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #14  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Debbie- That looks amazing! Have a wonderful time! Yes, you definitely deserve it!

Cyndi- congrats again on the car! Hope your headache eases quickly.

Cottage- Enjoy all the celebrations!

Ruth- I hate that when my posts get eaten! many many many times I will copy the whole thing before clicking post because my internet stinks here lately! Sounds like you have an interesting day ahead of you! Enjoy!

Karen- that is quite a drive!! I am sure you will enjoy having him home for a couple weeks!

MMC, honeysox

Xan- hope you are feeling better, that sounds quite scary!

Cat-stay dry! and I am sure you're gonna get that kiddo in line quick

As for me, There is a county fair going on the next county over and I really would like to get there this weekend... as well as a tomato art festival in town...but my parents are coming in this afternoon and looks like we'll be going out to eat (PFChangs, I am very excited about this because I can't seem to get dh to eat asian food with me anymore so its been forever!)then we are hitting up a few furniture stores. Kind of nice that we're both looking for new furniture at the same time. Funny thing is our tastes are completely different! other than that nothing really on the agenda this morning. I will do a bit of housework then get ready for company! Check back in with you chickies later!

OH- I took my car to the shop this morning for brakes. ugh big expense since I needed rotors too... front and back. yikes.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I thought I'd get back in the morning, but Bing encountered a skunk in the tomato patch tonight....I've spent the evening dealing with him. Fortunately we had already picked tomatoes and I got to the corner store minutes before they closed for hydrogen peroxide. Otherwise, I would have had to drive miles.

I might sneak in to say hi, but I have a bunch of stuff to do before we leave in the am. We'll see how I sleep. See ya'll in a few days.
Closed Thread