Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 07:41 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Smile Happy Tuesday

Ok, girls. New strategy. I post BEFORE I go way off track during the day. I'm hoping that will keep me ON track. We'll see!

Hey have any of you seen this. There is a manual treadmill they are selling on QVC for $110.00. Now being that I am in an apartment, a manual treadmill would be good (the downstairs neighbors won't hate us) but how good are they?

And yeah I did that horrible weekend eating too. I'm with you girls there!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:02 AM   #2  

Good morning Lori and everyone else!

Hitting it hard again this week, didn't do so hot last week, and gained .5 pounds. Just enough to make me get back into the routine! So, today I am counting points, and walking on my treadmill. I can do this!!!!!!

I have been off of work for a couple days, my DH hurt his shoulder and we have been seeing many Dr's. He is back to work now, but still in pain. He had an MRI yesterday, hopefully it isn't anything serious.

Well, better get some work done, will be back in a bit!!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:45 AM   #3  

Tonya - way to get back on track

No one loves us, as they are not posting today Where is everyone?
Old 03-04-2003, 11:08 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

I'm here...just busy with work. Did 2 of my Firm tapes last night...Body Sculpt and Ab Sculpt....and feel really great. Have yoga tonight and then meeting CB at the gym for some treadmill time. Am journaling and drinking my water but eating at the top of my points range. Must try varying my points more as I've been holding steady at the same weight...only for a week though so maybe I shouldn't obsess.

Lori - good luck today.

Tonya - way to get back on track. Hope DH feels better soon.

Laura
Old 03-04-2003, 11:17 AM   #5  
Andrew

I have not counted points for 4 days now. What's wrong with me? I only have a few minutes because we are busy here in the ICU today (We have 7 90-something year olds (one is 100) with chest pains sucking all of the life out of our future social security!!!!!-woops, did I say that out loud? ). Anyway-send some will power my way please.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Hi Gals,

Please help me! I need some motivation! I am so far off the wagon. I haven't beeen counting or journalling or even watcheing what I eat at all. I'm scared to step on the scale-althought maybe that would be a good wake up call. I haven't been exercising either. It is so cold here all I want to do is stay inside curled up in my blanket & eat comforting foods. I don't feel like cooking either so we've been eating a lot of take-out. Argh. I don't know what is wrong with me. I really need to get this under control but its like I don't want to do any work for it. I guess I'm just really lazy. Today is already shot b/c I had McD's breakfast. I feel guilty about what I eat & then I eat something more b/c I'm feeling lousy! Its an endless cycle. Anyway I thought I'd come confess my sins. I've got a ton of housework this morning before I head to work. Hopefully I'll have a chance to pop in before I go.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:52 AM   #7  

Rina,

I eat just like you do. But you have to stop!! You can still save the day. Start fresh!! Just getting a couple OP days can give you so much incentive to continue to do well, with the constant eating and take out especially, you are just asking for a big gain!

Take control!!! Your weight will only rise if you keep up your eating habits. I know, when DH and I were building our house this summer, we ate out constantly, and I knew I was gaining weight, but I would start a day, eating over and it would give me the license to eat bad the rest of the day....after 6 months of this, I am sad to report I gained all of the 30 lbs I initally lost, now I am back at ground zero, trying to lose the weight all over again!!! What was I thinking!!!

So, start tomorrow off right! Don't give in, journal, get some exercise, and post to us, we will keep you on the straight and narrow!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:22 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. I hope I don't curse this thread today. I always feel like I'm the last person to post. WI tonight. We'll see how a weekend of physical activity, no sleep and no attention to points shows up. I'm also very excited to be going to the laundrymat tonight to get some clothes clean. I'm wearing old pants that are falling off (too big) and the last of the underwear drawer. Yes, I'm at thongs and granny panties that a person would normally never wear. I have some fun work to do today so I'll get to it and check back in later.
Lori - my mom had a manual treadmill and we hated it. It would always get stuck and it was hard to keep up a good pace. I suggest trying it out before you go with it, the one you're talking about may be a better quality than the one my mom had.
Tonya - keep up the good work.
Laura - holy workouts! you go girl!
Robin - get on it!! start counting right now! you know it works so you have no excuses! here's your motivation {{{{{{{{{motivate}}}}}}}}}}
Rina - some for you too, {{{{{{{{{motivate}}}}}}}}}} Don't think your whole day is shot, count the points and continue on. Make a good food grocery list and menu plan for the next couple of days and stick to it and you won't have to head off to McD's cause your breakfast is all planned and ready. You can do it!!!
OK, really, gonna get some stuff done.
KT
Old 03-04-2003, 01:12 PM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts. It seems like such a huge battle. I am thinking about talking to DH about seeing if we can manage fitting meetings into our budget. Really I don't see why not if we cut out this eating out stuff we should have lots of extra cash. I just am afraid that I'll spend the money & then not make the most of it. That's totally the wrong way to think. That should be motivation enough to help me win the battle. I just think that it would help. Obviously trying it on my own iisn't working. Anyway I'm off to work. Talk to you gals later.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #10  

Rina - I am the same way. I haven't gone to WI in two weeks because of it. I have gone to WI for a couple of months without staying for the meeting. I think thats what I really need to do. And count my points. And not get anything from the vending machine. Oh and thank god this is my last week babysitting because I munch on the kids' snacks and that is the worst!

ALSO for anyone who is wondering, I am going to start seeing a counsellor about my problem next Tuesday. I'm really happy about it too because it has gottten worse the past 3 weeks and I really need a jumpstart to get off of it.

For all those new people who have no clue what I'm talking about, I have an eating disorder and if you want to know more about it then PM me. I'm open to talking about it now in hopes that will help me get through it. It has come back and gone away over the years and just recently came back again.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:57 PM   #11  

LoriD,

I sent you a PM, I hope you don't mind.....
Old 03-04-2003, 04:59 PM   #12  

Well, my WI went much better today than I had thought it would. There was NO change at all. No loss.........but no gain either! Not bad considering I ate chocolate decadance cake PLUS apple pie and ice cream the last two nights.

Today is a new week for me.....but I'm not off to such a good start...

1 plain eggo waffle for breakfast (2 pts)
1 choco chip cookie (I'm guessing 2 pts)
1 12-oz coke (3 pts)
then I just had a cheese burger from McDonalds (don't have my fast food guide with me) and a medium coke.
DINNER MUST BE BETTER!!

I really need help with snack/destress food ideas. When I'm sitting at my desk and buried in work I feel the need to eat. Then I head out to the snack machine and get a candy bar and soda. I need to stop that. What sort of things do people eat for snacks that are quick, easy, low points and available to stay in your desk drawers?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:45 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Wendy - DIET coke - DIET!!! That will save you 3 points or more a day depending on how many you drink. There's a start. One of my favourite snacks is an apple with 1 tbsp peanut butter - crunchy, sweet and some protien too so it's filling. I also like licorice (low fat) and coffee drinks - tall non fat latte is great! Good luck
KT
Closed Thread