Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Chat 3/4

Just wanted to post that John is one week out today. He can eat, what they call "full liquids" starting today. He celebrated with a protein shake!

He also weighted in today -21 pounds! Both he and I are so excited! He has also already noticed lack of hand cramps, lack of feet swelling, and his knees are feeling better!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:20 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning all!

Luna, glad to hear John is doing so well!! 21 pounds, wow!! And......how are you doing??

Boy did my day start out.......let's just say not fun!! I opened the cabinet under the kitchen sink to find water. It seems to be a small leak. I'm still using the sink, I just have buckets under to catch any drips, so far there isn't much there at all.

And......peachie will understand this, my hubby is very frugle.......okay cheap! He writes a check for 1,300 to purchase Washington Redskin season tickets, without batting an eye!! Yea I know, we live in Atlanta.......but we're Redskin fans. We were on the waiting list for over 18 years to get season tickets to the 'Skins, and hubby just can't give them up!! Because every game has been sold out for 30 years, we have no trouble selling them, but it's that 1,300 outlay that gets me. Pass the cheese......need some with my whine.

Plan to putter around the house today, spent most of yesterday running around.

Anyone see Sharon Obsourne on Larry King last night? I never watch Larry King, but I was flipping last night and landed on Sharon Osbourne. I really like that lady, she is one smart cookie. She was talking about her banding......didn't go into a lot of detail, but it was interesting. I was looking at obesityhelp yesterday and clicked on the doctor who did my RNY and he is now listed as doing the band.

Well now I need to get off the duff and go exercise.

Have a good day!

Debbie
Old 03-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh luna... congrats to you both!!! so glad it's going well...

and deb.. the E word???? i'm so sorry!! and the heck with the cheese and whine... go for the credit card!!!

no more time... these people are nuts. have to go.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:58 AM   #4  

Good morning. Kind of slow at work this am, so can take a minute to post. Congrats to John. It sounds like things are going well.

I've been busy preparing for surgery. However, I'm struggling for the last 3 weeks with a severe cold/bronchitis. I'm meeting with anesthesiologist on Monday and will get a yea or nea if I can have surgery next Wednesday. Dr. put me on a 5 day course of Prednisone to help with things. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

I can't wait to cross over and begin my new life with the the rest of you losers!

Lorrie
Old 03-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Lorrie, was it your surgeon who put you on prednisone?? And, isn't prednisone a steroid? Please humor me, I really don't know?

My reason for asking is, my surgeon (I know their all different) wouldn't do surgey on a patient who had been taking any type of steroids within the last few weeks before surgery.

If it's not a steroid. NEVER MIND In any event, hope you fell better soon. Oh another thing, I was told, as long as I had no fever or chest congestion the surgery would be a go.

Hi Jiff, hope work slows down for you!! And yes, I rode that darn bike again today. And another thing......any sighting of peachie.

Debbie
Old 03-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #6  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Default Amazing

Today is 3/4! Wow - this month has flown by! I can honestly say I am finally over the hurdle and jumpstarted on my way to a new me. I haven't had a fever since they opened the abcess and packing this wound is getting easier and easier. Today it seems to be a small price to pay - however when they opened it in the hospital -- I had different thoughts -- it seemed as though it was the end of the world. I really hadn't thought of complications or pain - prior to the surgery. I was in denial, I guess. Either that or extremely motivated.

However I am down (drum roll please) 29 lbs since the surgery. Unbelievable - the nurse that came today to check my wound said "You don't look 'big' enough to have had this surgery" Ha- Ha-Ha! I assured her that I met the requirements! I will say that my weight is pretty evenly distributed and most people were shocked to know that I weighed over 300 lbs. However, I don't anymore!!!!! And I never will again!!!!!

Hope everyone has a splendid day. I am actually going to work from home this week and have every intention of going back to work next week! Life is GRAND. Praise the lord!

Hugs to all.
Leanna
Old 03-04-2003, 03:41 PM   #7  

Debbie - Yes prednisone is a steroid. The surgeon said a 5 day course should be ok because I should be clear of the steroid for 5 days before surgery. I hope he knows what he's talking about!

I'm still hoping this will go away on its own. My immune system is already compromised because of the lupus, so I struggle to get past this kind of stuff all the time.

This stuff is making me crazy................

Lorrie
Old 03-04-2003, 05:39 PM   #8  

luna, go john!! i am glad everything is going well!!!!

leanna, congrats for you too!!

i am so excited for all of you guys! i cannot wait until i can post and say how things are going for me! i almost had a surgery date today! almost! the date was right in the middle of the plan transition and by boss asked if i could move it back a few more weeks. i very much did not want to but i do feel obligated to be there through all the muck. i should know tomorrow the actual day. at least i hope!! whoop!
Old 03-08-2003, 04:26 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Lunc, Congrats on Johns surgery!! take it from me that being a wife of a WLS patient is almost like being there yourself!!!

It's been almost a year since ole Alvin's surgery and he has lost over 200 pounds. As I've said repearedly, he would not be the poster child for WLS cause he does things his own way (what else is new?) and is not very good following doctors orders like Jiff is, but as long as he continues to loose and keeps up his exercise, I try nt to nag too much!!!
Closed Thread