View Poll Results: Which is dominant in your personality?
Cow, I have a blankie and I love my brother. 3 60.00%
Chicken, I love my waddle. 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:21 PM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Mama had a chicken, Mama had a cow...

Papa was proud, he didn't care how.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:36 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Remember when Cow became a model and everyone at school was always asking to be excused so they could go adjust their udder straps?

Absolutely nothing to report here. Did I mention that I was violently ill on Friday night? Could have been the entire bag of nacho cheese tortilla chips I ate, or maybe the mini pizzas. Or possibly the birthday cake. Ds10 followed in my footsteps yesterday and had to miss the Mardi Gras party at school today. He's feeling fine now. Too much birthday excitement I guess. Dh will be 41 tomorrow. Can you say mid-life crisis?
Old 03-03-2003, 06:37 PM   #3  

Quote:
Dh will be 41 tomorrow.
It only gets worse, Sugar, my DH will be 48 this year. 50 is looming close on the horizon. Thank goodness he's married to a sweet young thang. I'll keep him young.

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never watched Chicken & Cow cartoons. My kids were raised w/ Sesame Street & Mr. Rogers. So sad Mr. Rogers passed away.

Bunco was a rousing success. My friend brought her 1 week old baby for us to admire before we started playing. Her DH took little baby Natalie home so mom got to have a night out w/ the girls. What a good Daddy. He's 50 and it's his very first child so he's totally in love w/ his daughter. So sweet.

I've been reading a book set in turn of the century England, so I keep saying things like rousing success, and jolly good.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:53 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WOW!!!Wabby!!!!------how old is your friend who has the one week old baby????------I NEED OPINIONS ON JOAN {GAG ME]LUNDEN'S LATEST ADVENTURE!!!!-----just what i want for my fifty second birthday---tWINS!!!!!!!! {old people shouldn't have babies hhs hhs hhs hhs hhs hhhhhhhhsssssssss}
Old 03-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #5  
Most boring housewife.

Wabby, you mUst turn on the TV right now and watch Cow and Chicken. It is hilarious. The cow is big and fat and actually thinks she is cute...how close to home is that?????...not about you, you are cute. About me.
I think Peaches has had enough time to be sick. Make her stop.
I'm tired...were is June when I need her?
Old 03-04-2003, 06:57 AM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

okay this is serious---i have ballooned up to 160 as of this morning---last fall i weighed 166 and i mangaged to starve down to 155 before christmas-----to be flabbering back up the scale is just sooooooooooo demoralizing---i MUST seek comradeship elsewhere if you tanks insist on talking about housecleaning all the live long day------LUSHTANK----- HOW MUCH TO YOU WEIGH AND WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO DO ABOUT IT?????????? i need MOTIVATION----again----WHERE IS JUNE???????? [by June i will weigh 205 at this rate]
Old 03-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #7  
Most boring housewife.

Default my shame

I am going to give you girls a day to digest this, then I will delete this post. I THOUGHT I weighed 166 when I joined Curves.Imagine my horror when I saw 177 on the scale. That is what the Curves scale said. I am back into the 160's barely, but I am FAT< FAT< FAT. I can not carry all this weight..I am a size 16. If I buy my clothes at cheap stores, I need a W on it to carry my huge gut. Shame.
I think the cleaning thing is related...it is laziness and letting things go. My stress level hovers around a million and I often lose sight of the fact that there are many things I can do something about...like exercising, eating right and keeping my surroundings nice.
I find that now that I am eating right, again, I'm doing better at everything. I religiously get to Curves 3 times a week, I make it to my Mom's every day...she is so bad, it is horrible to watch. I'm not so angry at my siblings who have abandoned me in this situation completely, though I will never speak to them again when this is all over. True, she was difficult, but what kind of person can't put that aside when faced with this kind of horrible illness????? AND....my house is cleaner and more organized. Also, when I eat right, I have more energy and spend less time on this machine.
Here is my plan:
1. low carb eating
2.exercise 3Xweek
3. one large cleaning task daily and maintenance
4. Get at least 8 hours sleep
5. Nothing but veggies after dinner
I believe that it is impossible to fix the weight thing without fixing the other stuff that contributes to it.

I've been at this for about a month and a half...I've gotten out of the 170's which on me look like 400 lbs because I am so small boned. When all four of our parents and my brother were sick, I really ballooned up. I used to think the 150's were tubbo...but when I got back into the 150's about a year ago, I was happy, though I should be way under that, I still look very heavy at 150, but only below the waist...above the waist I look fine..but sooner or later I have to stand up.
No one else seems interested in talking about tubbo issues here......you may say..."that never stops you any other time"...true...I am the Queen Bore, but I bore other people about how fat I am. I bore you about what a slob I am. I'm willing to bore you about how fat I am, too,....just ask.

We need Cherry here every day to keep us on track.
Bagzie, what is your plan?????? You must share it and we should keep talking about it, but we don't....we never do.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:54 AM   #8  

Why I haven't been talking about it. I haven't been talking about it because I haven't been doing anything about it. And I'm so embarrassingly fat again, I feel overwhelmed. And when I feel overwhelmed I just eat more of all the things that I tell myself I shouldn't eat. Case in point: Yesterday I weighed in at 164 (Yikes!!!!) which was up 3 pounds from last week. So after giving myself the usual berating, I went in to work, but stopped at the drug store for DH's quit smoking nicotine patches, and they had Cadbury LARGE chocolate bars on sale 2 for 1. So I bought 2 and ate one for breakfast, then nibbled on the 2nd one after my lunch of a huge greasy "Colossal Burger" from Burgerville (a local burger place that specializes in mayonaisey, greasy burgers) w/ fries. Then I blew off going to Curves (haven't gone all week) and DH and I went to Costco, where we bought pizza for dinner. The entire day I was saying mean things to myself and feeling horrible. It's like I want to feel horrible. So that's why I haven't talked about it. Now that you've got me started you may be sorry, because it really is all I think about all day. I'm obsessed.

Bagzie, my friend is only 38. I used to think that was old to be having babies, but now that I'm 46, on the brink of 47, it seems pretty young. Re: Joan Lunden - I think she should have bought a dog like Lush's. Easier on everyone concerned.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #9  
Most boring housewife.

Default Our diet

Everyone should buy a dog like mine. She is so cute...except when she chewed the edge of the rug...that wasn't so cute.
I found a new cleaning board. I think I will dump you guys as cleaning companions....you aren't very good at it. I will have to see if you make decent dieting companions. I know you're great "killing time" companions....that was a complement.
My Curves friends are my dieting companions. I hate to point this out ...but we NEVER succeed in dieting together. Could now be the change?...when I first came here...in 199whatever, I was normal sized and would have thought it inconceivable that I would ever be this much of a porker. Now I am a fat old cow. Coincidence? I think not. I notice that I started to gain weight around the time that June and Alexa left us....and what about that Cranberry girl...did she make me fat?
I am making healthy broccoli for lunch. And, not that it's any of your business, but I cleaned my fridge with my new cleaning friends. Now I'm going to clean my bathroom, with them, not you.
Wabby, I don't like chocolate...aren't I lucky? My DH is my worst influence. I keep saying to him that he should be more motivated to keep me out of places...like Costco...that are anti-diet.
I had a baby at 38. It hurt.
He's 11 now, he's really opinionated. My other two kids are so easy...what went wrong?
I'm tired...I will not let it bring me down. I will, I swear, do my bathroom. Right now. Right now
bye

Old 03-04-2003, 01:36 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Why I haven't posted...

We had a big heavy wet-snow snowstorm Sunday and lost our power at 2 in the morning -- it was out until 11 PM last night. What a pain!

Goo-ness, Sugar, you're supposed to leave the eating-junk-until-you're-sick to the birthday boys! I sure hope nobody else gets sick -- can you say Board of Health Good luck on the impending spousal mid-life crisis. Unfortunately what comes after that stage seems to be eternal childhood, not a return to normalcy . I've decided to go through mid-life crisis too. Women, of course, can choose when to do this, unlike men. Suggestions are welcome on themes for mine...

I have to pick up DD and take her to a family wake by myself. One of DH's uncles died. DH is probably not going to show up until after we leave (Mr Important has a meeting). Yuk. I hate these things. I'm only staying about 5 minutes, do you think anyone'll notice? I was going to wear my very comfortable long black knit dress with a blazer over it, but now I'm thinking "who cares what I wear--I'm only staying 5 minutes" Gad, I'm an awful person, aren't I?

I will also be 48 this year, Wabbit. Horrifying, isn't it?

Okay, Lush, who are your new cleaning friends? Not that I want to join them, I just want to know for pure nosiness' sake.

I think we could probably survive some serious weight talk around here. I don't have time right now. Gotta go put something black on. Will rant about my weight later.

Kiwi
Old 03-04-2003, 03:22 PM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

Nobody expects you to hang around a wake, do they? Maybe if it is your family...but I think that if your DH can take his own sweet time getting to his own family's event...you should not feel bad about staying a short time.
I ate a muffin. After all this talk, I ate a muffin. Why?
I'm cleaning my bathroom. You know, my house is really dirty. Not obvious dirty, but deep down dirty. I think it may be because I haven't really cleaned it since my mom moved to NJ almost two years ago. That could do it.
I have two hours until I pick up DD at school. I should make the most of it. bye
Old 03-04-2003, 04:21 PM   #12  

Don't blame me for your fat, Lush. I don't think it has a thing to do with hanging around here. I wouldn't have been able to yo-yo down to the 140's if that was the case. In fact, I've been down to the extreme lower 140's with you cows. Now I can understand needing the proper motivating group for cleaning. That's a whole different kettle of fish. At this moment, my house is actually in pretty good shape, but that's only because DS moved out along with his endless laundry. I have the best situation, because I see him every day at work, but I'm not responsible for his personal maintenance. Every mother's dream.

Kiwi, losing power is a nightmare. I hate it. It's soooo boring. How do you keep warm w/ no electricity? Why aren't you waiting until your DH goes to the wake and go with him? I hate going to DH's family gatherings w/o him. Even though I've been a part of his family since I was 16. eeeek.

So if we're going to get serious about losing weight, how are we going to go about it? Or are we just each going to make their own plan and report back? Somebody tell me. I have no will of my own.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:07 PM   #13  
fatter than U

Default I'M THE FATTEST!!

I weighed in at 165.5 this morning. Time to get serious.

Bagzie! Remember right at the beginning of WLB on Cybermon when we actually weighed 147 or something? What gives?

Lush, you will reap great rewards for taking care of your mom like that. You are a good person. And your dog is very cute.

Hey Wabby! I know exactly where you're coming from.

Hope you had a bearable time at the wake, Kiwi.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:20 PM   #14  
Most boring housewife.

At least my dog is cute. Sugar, I don't remember what I weighed when we first started, but I know that I was a normal size....maybe 12.
Wabby, I am so mad at you. What kind of friend are you? I can so blame you for my fat. It is all your fault. Like today, for instance. I read in your earlier message......."Lee...eat a muffin, eat a muffin, eat a muffin...." I heard you say that. I thought you had my best interest at heart, so I did what you said. I am nothing if not compliant.
Would it be possible to agree on a plan?
I've laid out my plan.....What is everyone else doing? I'll switch to what you're doing if it includes eating anything I want.
Kiwi, poor you. I hate to lose power. We have a generator that will run things enough to get us through...but we never lose it for more than 4-6 hours at a time. I can't imagine all those days. I would have to check into the Holiday Inn.
I'm not sure if I like my new cleaning people. They are all SAHMs...you know, the ones who do it as a religion.
AND they aren't funny. I really don't like people who aren't funny.
We had a leak in the basement today and there is about 4 inches of water down there right now. I don't feel that in within the responsibility of a person who cleaned the fridge and got partway through the bathroom before the water shorted out the electricity and turned off my steamer.
Have I told you how much I LOVE my steamer?????
So, I have to get back off sugar. I ate it over the weekend and you see??????? I find myself eating huge muffins on Tuesday afternoons...no self-respect.
Peaches should feel better now. I hope Kiwi did OK at the wake. I hope they had food and a bar. It cheers the event.
L

Last edited by Lush; 03-04-2003 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:02 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default wELLL!!!!!!!

i am truly CHASTENED after all this heartfelt conversation-------i feel terrible that i have not noticed how stresse you are lushie!!!!! after all the death ,sickness and mayhem around here you think i would have sympathy for others!!!!!! SORRY!!! very sorry!!!!! sugar is right---you will be rewarded somehow,someday---and your mother is very lucky to have such a sweet daughter-------unfortunately i am at the stage that Wabby is at----i feel TERRIBLE about my weight,but every day i practice sabotage! it can be the fruit and nut bar,or just the extra cheese i eat when i am feeding my boy------- i am trying to blame it on the weather {sOOOOOOOOOo freezing and sssooooooooo much snow,but it is just low grade depression that feeds on itself---------i know that if i can just get a leg up like lush has managed i will be okay,but for the time being i am just lucky to stay this fat and not get fatter------------to be continued and again---sorry for being so selfish{ tell me where your cleanie friends are located ,operator { operator} information {information} get me Jesus on the linnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeee!!!!! I WILL GET PEACHERS BACK HERE,SHE IS FEELING DOWN!
Closed Thread