General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #1  
miamimelting

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Default HMR 800 - Liquid Shake fast

I'm on week 2 of the HMR-800 liquid shake fast.
Is there anyone else out there who is doing this program? I'd love to find a couple of more people to talk with about this.
I've been blogging about my journey!
fatmeltchallenge.blogspot.com
miamimelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:04 PM   #2  

Hi,
I am thinking of trying the modified shake,entree program. Problem is the cost is really excessive for the products. U have motivated me to actually use the shakes which I have sitting in my pantry. My gf did really well but could not maintain. When she only did the shakes she was very happy. Eaqting food however did not go well. I don't think they offer much in the way of food planning.I thik it is a good jump start but I could not live on shakes alone. Are U hungry on the shakes?
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #3  
miamimelting

I'm actually not hungry at all! There are several recipes that you can add some sugar free - fat free pudding to it. It makes for 2 large cups full of shake. Sometimes, I'm so full I can't eat it all.

I didn't think I could live on just the shakes, but it is really not that hard. It only becomes difficult when there are people eating around you. My husband made BLT's tonight and the smell of the bacon was amazing. I just keep telling myself, "Its not forever!"

Its more mental than anything else. If you can conquer that little voice in your head that pleads with you to eat something than you will make it. I keep saying to that little voice to GO AWAY and stop sabatoging my life. I want my life back...and quickly!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #4  

Hi,
U are lucky to have a medical program available. I am in Ct and we are devoid of any help other than surgery and I am not going there any time soon. I tried the ww,etc but I am not really a group person. The cool thing about HMR is that it is nurtitionally sound so that is one less worry.

I also have some back issues which makes exercise a real challenge. Water is great in the summer but a problem in the winter. Last year the ice made getting to the pool not possible. U are lucky to be able to walk a lot-that is how I used to maintain. 4 miles daily with my dog. Now the dog is no longer alive and I can't walk well. Not a good situation.

You seem to be doing great with self talk and more importantly ACTION. I sometimes do the talk but fall short on follow thru. I keep getting back up and now I am going to make a shake. Thanks for motivating me to so this. It is a far better choice than the bag of moose munch I ate last evening. I can only imagine the calorie count in that.

What was hubby making in the crock pot? I can smell the bacon also.

Keep on keepin on
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 PM   #5  
miamimelting

Default 2 weeks - HMR Liquid Shake Fast

Tonight at the weigh in I lost 4lbs!
So a total of 10lbs. Not bad for 2 weeks!!

Follow me on my journey...encourage me! I need it.
fatmeltchallenge.blogspot.com
Old 06-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #6  
pamela89

hi .
well i was on a diet one year ago i lost around 35.5 lbs... but i started to re gain the weight once i stopped the diet .. so now i ordered the hmr 800 and they'll be here in a couple of days ... so can anyone tell me if it worked ? and how much weight did u lose... and if u gained that weight when u stopped taking the shakes....
also i'm worried if 800 calories per day is unhealthy...
pamela89a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 260

Height: 6'4"

Default Hmr

I am a die hard 70 plus person. Love the thick shake and 14 grams of protein.
AndrewCribbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220 / 213 / 150

Height: 5'-1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela89a View Post
hi .
well i was on a diet one year ago i lost around 35.5 lbs... but i started to re gain the weight once i stopped the diet .. so now i ordered the hmr 800 and they'll be here in a couple of days ... so can anyone tell me if it worked ? and how much weight did u lose... and if u gained that weight when u stopped taking the shakes....
also i'm worried if 800 calories per day is unhealthy...
They don't recommend doing the shakes only if you aren't doing the in-clinic HMR program. It's not very safe.
SkinnyGirlSwag is offline   Reply With Quote