Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more pounds week of March 3

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you. So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday morning! It's cold and rainy here again, but that's ok; spring is just around the corner! How was everyone's weekend?
Jan
Old 03-03-2003, 11:02 AM   #2  
Inchworm

Angry GOOD MONDAY MORNING!

Yes it was a good weekend. Yesterday I attended a surprise bday party for a friends 80th ! It was held at Mimi's restaurant. I was very pleased with myself for pre-ordering the Cobb Salad, especially when I saw the mountains of food that came on the other dinners. They must of had 2 1/2 cups of mashed potatoes with gravy on those plates! My salad was delish!

How's the new china closet JAN?
Old 03-03-2003, 03:02 PM   #3  

Angry

Hi,

I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but I find this site SOOOooo inspiring and I'm finally to the point of wanting to post, too.

I have 50 or more to lose (obviously)...at least I no longer have 100 to lose (gotta think positive)

It's sunny here-first sun in 2 weeks...and there's hope that spring WILL be here - I love spring!

Here's wishing less of each of you by summer!!
Old 03-03-2003, 05:05 PM   #4  

Hi JOYce! Way to go on ordering that salad! You are doing GREAT! I know what you mean about restaurant portions; they are really out of control. When we took Dad out for lunch Saturday, he ordered a tuna sandwich, and they brought out two HUGE sandwiches and a mound (like a whole bag) of potato chips. Dad is watching his calories, too, so we helped him put one of the sandwiches & some chips in a togo carton, and he had it for dinner. Re: the cabinet, it has been raining steadily since we got home last night, so it's still sitting in the van! But I've been working on getting the dining room ready, and maybe we can unload it tomorrow if the rain stops. I can't wait to set it up!

Hottie, WELCOME to the group! And congratulations on losing 16 pounds already; that is quite an achievement! Tell us a little about yourself; we're looking forward to getting to know you. This is a very supportive group, and I know we'll all have a very successful spring! (Thank goodness the sun is finally coming out here and there!)

Have been good on program all day, and wasn't too bad over the weekend. Since we're starting a new month, (hmm, today is 03-03-03! Lucky day, has to be!) I'm going to start the "stickers on the calendar" tactic again, one for every day I stay within my points AND get some walking in.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday! Bandit, how are things going?
Regards,
Jan
Old 03-03-2003, 06:03 PM   #5  
Inchworm

Welcome Hottie! , you are already an encourager to the board! Sounds like you have a great attitude.

JAN, I know what you mean about the sandwiches too! the lady across from me at the bday dinner had a 'lite eaters' turkey salad sandwich. WOW! it was big enuf for 4 sandwiches! and on big thick slices of raisin nut bread! did look like it was yummy!

I had to go to the grocery store to lay in some soft foods for tomorrow. dental surgery day.

We are expecting more rain too, guess theres a lot of that going around. It will be a good day to lay around and let my mouth heal.

ttyl
keep on keepin on!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:18 PM   #6  

JOYce, will be sending good thoughts your way for tomorrow ... take it easy, now! Let other people do things for YOU, for a change!
Old 03-03-2003, 09:20 PM   #7  
Inchworm

Thanks Jan. I've gotten real good at letting others do for me. they are probably tired of it. dgd is finished with soccer, so she has more time and she will be able to fix dinner tomorrow night.

dh had his annual physical today and has to go back for more blood work, the doctor suspects diabetes. among other things.
Guess we are both falling apart!
Old 03-04-2003, 09:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Lots of snow up here, still. Pretty much have had enough of that for this winter. Have re-cooped from party on weekend - had lots of fun & am back on track now.

Went to bingo last night with my girlfriend & I won the last jackpot
$1,000 & a bingo mug so that was great right before payday. We split so that was really great for both of us. Haven't been going much lately but this is bf really busy time with his business so I thought for a change we would go & it paid off.

Both my other girlfriends skipped meeting last night, so I didn't go either since it was sooooo cold, etc. But I will behave myself this week & hope to have good w/i next Monday.

Glad everyone is goind well. Bye for now.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #9  

Angry

Hi all!
Thanks for the welcome! I have a birthday in May and I want to give myself the gift of being smaller! That's my mini goal, so to speak. I am working on attitude towards food and slowly but surely, I want it to not be my focus.

Not too much to tell about myself. I am far from a computer person, so you'll have to bear with me. I'll try to get on this site regularly (at least daily) but I do tend to go a few days. I think this is a wonderful site and plan on using all of your inspiring stories/goals to help myself as well! I suspect I'll be on here at least daily now, though, because this will be a great outlet for me. I may be on here lots during the day if I have a chance during work (shhhhhh...don't tell )

I have been heavy most of my life. I lost a ton of weight in high school (was 203 down to 145).....then, over the years, it came back on (obviously because I didn't change my attitdue towards the food). I am from a family who uses food as their vice (no smoking/drinking/drugs/shopping, etc) but food is the vice of choice and I am "wearing" my problems, so to speak.

I started a few years really thinking about my attitude with food. I no longer completely indulge or "plan" my binges. I no longer binge!!! That is a major ackomplishment for me!! I am well on my way! I ALSO no longer "sneak food" and no longer have the goal of "hurrying up to eat before someone sees me" (like at parties and such)...I am healing and I am VERY thankful for that!!

I am married/no children (although you could say my husband comes VERY close) HA! I am in Kentucky and we are having the gift of a wonderful 55, sunny day today!!

I really appreciate this site! I am glad to be living in the 21st century so we can have this opportunity to share and help ourselves. Good luck to each of you!! Here's wishing less of us in 2003!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:57 PM   #10  

Hi Hottie! We're so glad you joined us! We have a lot in common; I also was heavy most of my life, except around HS and college. You really have nailed it down re: changing our attitudes towards food; that's so important, because we have to change our minds before we can permanently change our bodies. And it can be done! You're making so much progress already (I'll bet you feel more energy too!) and I just know you'll succeed. Hope to see you often on the board!

Bandit, wow, a thousand dollars?! I never knew they had prizes that big at Bingo! What fun! Glad to hear things are going well for you with the program too!

JOYce, I hope everything went well today, and you are getting to rest now. I am so sorry to hear that your DH may have diabetes; I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case! Wow, when it rains, it pours.

Well, had a good day program-wise yesterday, earned that sticker on the calendar, and hope to again today. One day at a time! Had a portobello mushroom sandwich for lunch, with avocado and spring greens, not bad! Making baked fish tonight; in fact, I'd better get going on that. Everyone have a great evening!

Regards,
Jan
Old 03-05-2003, 02:07 PM   #11  

Hi everyone! Welcome Hottie!! This is a great site!

Well had my first gain on Monday night .4. I guess the "honeymoon" is over! I was out of town a lot last week so I guess I got off track some. Just a minor set back!

It's rainy here still! We are suppose to have warm weather and sunshine by the weekend! Do hope so.. we will be going to the race in Atlanta. Everyone have a great week!
Old 03-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #12  

Hi Nascar Girl! Don't worry about that small gain; that's normal, to have a few very minor fluctuations like that, and I know you'll have a good loss next week. Hope you have great weather for the race this weekend! Sounds like fun!

It's still cold and rainy here too, for now. Had a little scare early this morning; my mother in law called, sounding frantic, looking for DH. Turns out her husband had passed out in the kitchen. So I called 911 and sent the paramedics, who took him to the hospital. He's already back home now; they checked out his pacemaker, etc. and things look fine, no heart attack. He probably just overdid it; he won't slow down.

Guess I'd better get busy ... hope everyone is having a great week!
Regards,
Jan
Old 03-06-2003, 11:02 AM   #13  
Inchworm

Jan, , what a scare! Hope all is well now.

nascar Good for realizing it is only a minor setback. Just 'keep on keepin on', you can do it!

I have to take my own advice...going thru these dental implants, and having a mammogram scare sent me straight to the Fast foods! After getting a good report from the ultrasound yesterday and mouth not bothering me, I am back in control! however I'm packig up for a trip to Mothers for a cupla days, so that means more eating out. It's all about choices. I CAN DO IT!
(So good to have sunshine for my trip!)
Better get on the road!

ttyl
Old 03-07-2003, 09:45 AM   #14  

Hello all!

Bandit-that's amazing that you won $1,000!!! WOW! I wouldn't know how to act! I hope you're having FUN with it!

Gmalil-good luck at your Mom's! I can relate (well--my eating habits originated with home/Mom, so I have an idea about the eating out challenges)...you'll do great though (of course, by the time you see this, you'll have been back-how did it go?

Jan-I hope everything's alright now!! It's events like that that usually send me to the food/I'm learning, though..getting better daily!

NascarGirl-how did you get the dancing bananna? it's way cute!

Since I'm 'new' here....are there only a few in the 50 plus club? I could have qualified for the 100 club at one time, but thankfully, I don't anymore! MAJOR accomplishment!!

I'm figuring out this "message board" thing: how to subscribe to stuff so I can FIND it again! LOL~

anyway, I am SO glad to have found this site!!! It is so inspiring to read everyone's stories and to know I am NOT alone!

Thanks for being here!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #15  

Hi Hottie! Sounds like things are going well! Thanks for your concern re: my FIL; he's doing much better now. He just needs to remember he's not 20 years old, and slow down a bit!

Re: this group, it varies considerably how active it is. We have some members who've been here almost three years, who are a little busy right now and haven't had time to post, and some newer members you have yet to meet as well. Things slowed down a bit when 3FC moved the group to a sub-folder; sure wish they'd give the Turtle Club and us each a line, instead of being under "other"! (I wrote Suzanne 3FC about it, but didn't get a reply. I'm sure she's very busy, or I may have been asking the impossible, I don't know.)

When I joined about 3 years ago, I had a lot still to lose, and these ladies really helped me stay on track, through good times and tough! I reached my goal a year and a half ago, and have maintained since, again thanks to their help. I know you'll reach goal too!! Looking forward to getting to know you ...

JOYce, I guess you're at your mother's by now; hope you had a nice trip!

Gotta run ... will bbl to post more!
Closed Thread