Old 08-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Help! :(

Hello dear Ladies!

So Im on this Low-Carb diet, which is pretty simply..carbs in the morning protein for Lunch and Dinner (but you should eat some carbs for Lunch at some days) and no snacks at all, it works very well for me till now..

I had one week no weight loss, I thought thats normal and yea next week I lost like 4lbs so it was all good again but this week i actually GAINED 1lbs and Im totally shocked, cuz I started jogging this week with my 280lbs and it worked fine for me and I was so proud and felt muscles I never felt before and now I freakin GAINED 1lbs.

Im so frustrated and dont know where it comes from, should I eat less calories? Or more? (A friend of mine told me that this actually helps sometimes)

I appreciate any suggestions!
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Did you weigh the morning after your run? I find that, sometimes, when I exercise vigorously (to the point I'm sore the next day) I'll have a 1-2 lb. gain the next day. I think it's from muscle swelling/fluid retention for recovery. It goes away in a day or 2 and stops as you get used to the activity. I hope that's all it is for you. Congrats on your progress!!
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I really think you just need to give it time -- lots of things could be at play -- hormones (where you happen to be in your cycle), possible water retention, etc., so do not worry! It sounds like you are doing well, just give it more time and stay with it!

BTW, what plan/diet is this?

Good luck to you!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Its a book over here in germany called "Schlank im Schlaf" by Dr. Pape, what pretty much means slim while sleeping, its pretty easy to understand, like dont eat stuff your body needs to work on at night much so you burn fat during the night...
I dont have the book here anymore to explain what it exactly does but it works pretty well (for me at least).
The only things you really have to go with is that you NEED to eat (in my weigh class) 100g carbs in the morning with bread sweet jam whatever but no animal stuff so no cheese sausage eggs and such..the other important thing is to not eat inbetween so your bloodsugar or pressure (im not sure) can get the time to start new with each meal. It says it also works without workout but..I dunno about that :P
Anyhow for me it works out really good and its not really a diet its more like a lifestyle and I live it well.
The only thing is that starting that "lifestyle" I also became an vegetarian (I still eat fish tho just no meal, dunno what else you call it) so my meals get a lil one sided, but I feel much better without meat for whatever reason.

Hope you didnt get all confused now.

And thank you!
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #5  

Yes, I agree, it seems like when you first start a new workout you retain more water because or the fluid going to repair the muscles. It is temporary and will come back off so don't get discouraged. Have you weighed again?
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote