South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166.4/156.2/135

Height: 5'5

Default working out and hunger....

Morning all !

I am starting kickboxing tonite and am well into ph 1.5/2--i have been fine with not being hungry and very satisfied in fact, i just am nervous about working out and being HUNGRY!

Are there any suggetions on whether to have more carbs for energy or eating dinner before or after the class...???

any help would be great!

thanks....
snackiejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I think that is an individual thing. I cannot eat much before I workout or I end up throwing up, I usually don't have much of an appetite after I workout either, so I sip on a smoothie as my "dinner." I find that I lose faster when I workout in the evening and when I get the majority of my calories in the first part of the day. Before I workout, I have a piece of fruit for instant energy - usually an apple and that carries me through my workout just fine.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I think Zeffryn has the right idea. I find if I eat a meal too close to a class like kickboxing where I am moving around a lot that it really bothers me during the class. Try a snack an hour or so before and see how it goes from there.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/SeeTicker/170

Height: 5'8"

Ditto to all of the above. I simply cannot eat a meal within an hour before a work out because I wind up with massive stomach cramps...plus I feel like I can't work out as hard because I've got this stomach with food in it.

That being the case, I still have to eat a little something before a work out simply because if I'm starving when I go in my blood sugar winds up dropping so hard I can't get through the work out either. In Phase I of south beach, when you aren't supposed to eat fruit at all, I've found that a hard boiled egg about 20 minutes before the work out gets me through. After that, things like an apple or a protein shake before the work out get me through.

The problem with working out is that for at least an hour or more afterward I'm not hungry, so sometimes dinner can be kinda late. Sometimes I'll make those egg/veggie quiche cups they have a recipe for in the book and I'll eat those for dinner after a work out. No need to make a giant meal a few hours before bed!
museumchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

How about a serving of nuts?
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166.4/156.2/135

Height: 5'5

soo, i ended up eating nothing before the class, and like you all said was not really hungry for a bit after. i had veggies and half an ww english muffin with 2 slices boiled ham and 1 slice lf cheese and a pickle of course! not needing anything extra so far today...infact been less hungry than usual! yay
snackiejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #7  

Height: 5'0"

I'm glad you found something that worked for you. For me, it's a thin line. I can't go without eating before working out because I get very nauseous. But I can't eat anything heavy either. Usually fruit, nuts or yogurt work for me about an hour before.
.Steph. is offline   Reply With Quote