General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Default I know I'm not the only one...

I was thinking about this this morning. I have all these little random weight-loss related things that I do. They of course seem a little mad to those around me, but I know somewhere someone else has to be doing some of these other odd little things too:

-weighing before and after "number two" to see the difference it makes

- doing crazy calculations to see how much 2 bites of something is

- crazy desk exercises/ stretches when no one's looking

- asking strangers in grocery stores who pick up a fruit/vegetable you've never used what they do with it

- going into stores and trying on things just for the satisfaction of knowing they fit now with no intention of buying- and taking pictures of yourself with your camera phone in the fitting room (is that stealing?)

All in good fun! Post some of yours too. Make me feel like I'm not alone... and not insane.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/187.6/140

Height: 5'3"

I will have to admit to, the weighing in after the bathroom and taking pictures in dressing rooms. My friend and I had some fun last week trying to do this despite the crazy looks we were getting.
BecomingMaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #3  
Apey

S/C/G: 203/167.2/145

Height: 5'6''

Weighing in before and after a workout to see what I burned off! Hehe!
Apeyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #4  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Height: 5'6"

Girl, those little things you do is why you've lost almost 60 POUNDS!! It's obviously working for you! Keep it up

Some say I shouldn't, but I weigh in 4-5 times a day, to see when I'm highest and lowest. (Morning is always lowest, btw). It keeps me motivated to skip snacking during the day.
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #5  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaka View Post
- going into stores and trying on things just for the satisfaction of knowing they fit now with no intention of buying- and taking pictures of yourself with your camera phone in the fitting room (is that stealing?)
Beaka, I literally laughed out loud. Thank you for that! So cute and funny. I think I may need to try that to help add to the fun along this journey.

I think I've done plenty of interesting things along the way, like weighing at different times of day, including right before bed, to see if I can predict what the scale will say the next morning. Geez is that impatience for you or what, like I couldn't just wait through the night? Ha-ha.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Reading the calories for every brand butter and spread in the grocery store, and then not buying one. (And now my brother will not shop with me)
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Heck, even when I'm not dieting I've asked people at the grocery store what they do with fruits/vegetables! LOL! I grew up with a mother who only cooked frozen broccoli, green beans, peas and corn for a full half hour before serving. I thought onion came in flakes and garlic came in a powder. Except the only time anyone has ever asked ME what to do with produce has been when I have been handling something I don't what to do with myself.

I weigh whenever I have the mind to. I find it freeing.

I've just started walking on the treadmill to watch TV or play at my computer.

I've become the anti-salt queen. I ask at restaurants if the veggies are cooked in butter or salt and if the answer is "yes" I'll ask if it can be modified. Do NOT salt my veggies!

I carry store bought waters in my car "just in case". I refuse to drink anything but water.

I have been known to walk the perimeter of a room if I have been waiting a long time.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #8  

I too carry water in my car, and tea-bags in my purse.
I also read labels carefully and my sons tell me I snort with disgust when I find high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated vegetable oil. (They were already used to me looking at the carb/fiber/fat content.)
I have memorized how much of certain foods meet my needs. (1/2 a serving of oat bran, for instance), and use the calculator on my phone for other random bites.
I also am dumping any clothes that get even slightly big, so I don't go back there, its so easy too.
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

I do the clothes thing, too. I just like to know I can fit but some of the nicer jeans are always waaay too out of my clothes budget.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I figure out the calories in all of my meals that I cook, then weigh them in the tupperware and write the amount of grams and cals/ serving in washable marker on the lid of the tupperware.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #11  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I ALWAYS keep at least 2 - 3 packs
of gum in my purse! Fruity gum helps curve
my hunger and it keeps me occupied.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I think I'll be stealing some of ya'lls habits too!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

HAHA I love this topic, very cool!

I too have done well, most of these.....but I can't wait to join the crowd of dumping my clothes when they get even slightly big!
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote