Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #1  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default IP Weekly Chat August 7th - 13th

Our threads aren't lasting quite a week anymore, but we'll use this one until we get 500 again.

Last week's thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...th-2010-a.html

Last edited by Kelsey; 08-07-2010 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:36 AM   #2  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

This will sound silly but it is true. Up 2 lbs today and all I did was chew Trident gum and have a diet soda. My system is so very sensitive that I can't get away with anything! Should have had a glass of wine instead...
Melissa-- so how are you feeling now? Do you really want the job or are you happy either way? I was an HR manager for awhile and did a lot of interviews for J & J. I've never liked the 3 or 4 or 5 on 1 type of interview. Seems way too unfair to me. I can think of an example in my career where I didn't get a promotion I really wanted-- instead I went back to school and got an MBA and moved on to Johnson & Johnson. A much better career move that wouldn't have happened if I got the promotion. Are there other opportunities in your company if this one doesn't work out?

I love IP because I can wear skirts again. How about you?

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-07-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
This will sound silly but it is true. Up 2 lbs today and all I did was chew Trident gum and have a diet soda. My system is so very sensitive that I can't get away with anything! Should have had a glass of wine instead...
Melissa-- so how are you feeling now? Do you really want the job or are you happy either way? I was an HR manager for awhile and did a lot of interviews for J & J. I've never liked the 3 or 4 or 5 on 1 type of interview. Seems way too unfair to me. I can think of an example in my career where I didn't get a promotion I really wanted-- instead I went back to school and got an MBA and moved on to Johnson & Johnson. A much better career move that wouldn't have happened if I got the promotion. Are there other opportunities in your company if this one doesn't work out?

Hate that you're up 2 lbs! Darn it! You'll drop it quick...

I'm feeling fine, and I am happy either way. I had planned to return to school in the fall to get my BS (I only have my AA), but now I am studying to take the IAAP CPS and/or CAP because it means a 5% raise in my company, and we've had a salary freeze for 3 years and counting. Now that my son is leaving home, I'm going to have plenty of time to study!

Opportunities are far and few with my company. We do not have a very high turn over rate. We have good pay, benefits, pension etc., so most are content to stay until they retire. That being said, this is the 2nd or 3rd time that this particular position has opened up in my 8 years (which scares me). However, my position had several turn overs in the years before I got it, and I've been happy in it for 8, so maybe it has something to do with the person.

Love that I'm starting to be able to wear skirts again - and I can't wait til they're smaller, much much smaller!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #4  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Melissa -- Don't remind me about son leaving!! Mine goes in 10 days for sophomore year at college. Loved having him here all summer & hate him going as much as I did last year. My older son graduated last year and lives just one hour away, thankfully. But it's harder and harder to get everyone together for much besides Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are both fine young men and I am very thankful for that.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

I have to go back and catch up on the last few days, but I had to share this:

DH weighed in yesterday and was down 6.4 for a total of 16.8 in 17 days. (MEN! Why do they get to lose so much so fast...) Anyway, the clinic owner / his coach said to him "What have you been doing?"

WTF! He's been following your protocol, what the heck do you think he has been doing?

I'm tellin ya, these coaches we have are so out of touch and almost useless.

Now, I'm sure she meant it other than how we heard it (or at least I hope she did), but the question just seemed so ridiculous at the time.

Thanks for letting me vent, now let me go catch up on everyone's activities for the past couple of days! Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Danielle
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #6  

Oh Where Oh Where has our resident BOOKWORM gone??? I thought I remembered her saying that www.ourhealthcoop.com had the IP Potassium Calcium supplements, but I can't find them. I really need to order... oh BEVS, please come back!!! We still need you.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

I also forgot to include that we had company last night and served them hot dogs and hamburgers (with buns), mac & cheese, wine, and scotch. We had no problems at all. Explained about our diet and they were all cool about it. I was worried that once they heard we weren't drinking they would make a quick getaway. LOL We had club soda and mint as fake mohitos and of course our nighttime IP snack and lots of water!

This morning I feel great, but I bet they have a headache! hahaha
Old 08-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Default Stressful Time

Well, I am in the process of changing jobs, house hunting, and trying to sell our home that we own now. I have been through this too many times. Please keep me in your thoughts. I know I am already stressed over all of this and will need to stay focused and positive.
The weather is beautiful here in WV today. At least that helps to make it a pleasant day!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Opportunities are far and few with my company. We do not have a very high turn over rate. We have good pay, benefits, pension etc., so most are content to stay until they retire. That being said, this is the 2nd or 3rd time that this particular position has opened up in my 8 years (which scares me). However, my position had several turn overs in the years before I got it, and I've been happy in it for 8, so maybe it has something to do with the person.
Sounds like you are working for a good, solid company if it has such a low turnover rate. That's awesome, job security is a wonderful thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
I also forgot to include that we had company last night and served them hot dogs and hamburgers (with buns), mac & cheese, wine, and scotch. We had no problems at all. Explained about our diet and they were all cool about it. I was worried that once they heard we weren't drinking they would make a quick getaway. LOL We had club soda and mint as fake mohitos and of course our nighttime IP snack and lots of water!
I'm so glad your company was supportive. Sometimes people just don't get it. I generally try to avoid telling people, just for that reason. It's great that you had a positive experience! Oh yeah, and most important, glad you were able to avoid the cheats and stay on plan!!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:33 AM   #10  

Can anyone help me .... there was a discussion on scales a while back and I lost the info I had on them. It was in about the $100 range and had a body fat reader, and other functions. Thanks
Old 08-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #11  

I have been lurking reading alot of everyone's posts. Great information! I weighed in today and lost one pound. My coach basically says in so many words not a great week. I have been on the program for 4 weeks and have lost 14.8 pounds. I don't have a lot to lose. I actually only want to lose about another 8 pounds.

Weekends are very hard for me! It has been one birthday party after another or someone calling us to go out to dinner. I did cheat last weekend and I probably worked on most of the week burning that off!

I have to really focus the next few weeks. On 8/21 my husband is throwing me a 40th B-day party. 9/4 is my actual birthday and on 9/6 we leave for Las Vegas. If I stay at only losing 1 pound a week there is going to be a problem!

I guess I am just aggravated. I just want a glass of wine....hahahaha
Old 08-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Well, I am in the process of changing jobs, house hunting, and trying to sell our home that we own now. I have been through this too many times. Please keep me in your thoughts. I know I am already stressed over all of this and will need to stay focused and positive.
The weather is beautiful here in WV today. At least that helps to make it a pleasant day!
You have a lot going on in your life! Hang in there! Be sure to reach out to others when you need help. I find that sometimes I take too much on myself when others can help if I ask. Whether it is emotional support or actually doing something. You have done great with your weight loss! Be proud of that and enjoy the nice weather!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post

That's rough! On the other hand, a sensitive system means you'll eat healthier than most. I'm thinking of getting more skirts because usually it's a lot easier to adjust/downsize a skirt than slacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post

This morning I feel great, but I bet they have a headache! hahaha
No headache/hangover -- great reward for you and your husband! I'm so glad that your guests were gracious about your food and beverage choices. You made food that they expected and enjoyed, and you had food that you enjoyed. My goodness, it wasn't as if you were serving IP leek soup and banana pudding for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Well, I am in the process of changing jobs, house hunting, and trying to sell our home that we own now. I have been through this too many times. Please keep me in your thoughts. I know I am already stressed over all of this and will need to stay focused and positive ...
Been there, done that, too. I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive and clear-minded vibes -- as well as the intention for several deep-pocketed, decisive, interested buyers!

4 weeks, pounds lost 19.2, inches lost 21.7. The largest shrinkage area is my thighs 10" total, almost half of the total inches. No wonder my pants look baggy.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally posted by showgirlaz
That is so nice of you to help them out. I know it really means a lot. My grandparents are 94 and since my mom passed away, my sister and I take care of them in that way. They really appreciate having someone to hear what the doctor says and to remind them what they wanted to say.

Expect the best. Look for the positive. I may be wrong but, I think when your parents see you they will see a changed person and, given their love and concern for your health and well being, they will be happy/supportive. Of course they may have their own opinions and concerns. All people question what is different. The nice thing is you are on phase 2. You get 2 normal meals a day. AND, they should be appreciative of good simple food... that is what you get. Take some bars or snack style restricted foods if you eat them. Take some hard boiled eggs, or sliced cooked chicken breast, take some cut up veggies. These will help with snacks if you need to and are driving. Remember to keep plenty of water handy, and drink more, especially if you are eating out often and at buffets (too much sodium). Keep plenty of protein drinks available. Your parents are familiar with things like boost so, supplemental nutrition is not unfamiliar territory.

This reminds me of an old story about a town up ahead.

"Once, a man pulled up into a gas station in the country, and asked the gas station attendant, "What are the people like in the next town up ahead?" The attendant said, "What were the people like in the town you just came from?" "Awful people," the man responded. "Rude, cold, hostile, abrupt, unfriendly. They wouldn't give me the time of day." "Well," said the attendant, "I'm sorry to say it, but you're going to find exactly the same sort of people in the next town up ahead." A bit later, another driver pulled in, heading in the same direction as the
first. "What are the people like in the next town up ahead?" the second man asked. The attendant said, "What were the people like in the town you just came from?" "Wonderful people," the second man responded. "Friendly, warm, helpful, patient, kind. They went out of their way to help a stranger." "Well," said the attendant, "I'm happy to tell you that you're going to find exactly the same kind of people in the next town up ahead." ."

I have always taken that story as a reminder that sometimes what we get in life is what we reflect and/or expect. If you expect your family to be supportive, maybe, they will be.

Good luck on the trip! We will miss you!
Thanks for your wise & encouraging words, Carla... & I'll try to remember your story about the town up ahead... I'm feeling pretty good about being able to stick to Phase 2 protocol the whole trip... making final preparations today & will leave early tomorrow morning... I'll really miss all of y'all, you've been my soulmates & a great inspiration for the past two & a half months... but I'll be back, hopefully by next Saturday!..

I had a good NSV yesterday while deciding what clothes to take... the size 14 pants that were my very 1st IP NSV are now loose!.. I'm still taking them in case I need long pants, but I'll try to live in shorts as much as possible... always hot & sticky in Oklahoma City this time of year...

hugs
Old 08-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #15  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemajen View Post
Ok, I have been on the IP diet for about 2 1/2months. I found this website by accident.... Any suggestions or similar issues?
I've posted for you on the first day thread, and last week's chat (this one is new today.) Please make sure you go back and find them. When you finish reading through the Phase 3 info and want to discuss, come over to the "Life After Phase 1" thread.

See you later!
Closed Thread