South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/289/160

Height: 5'7

Default Amazed-Day 6 of P1

Good Morning to All!

As my first post, I'd like to say how excited I am to read your posts and encouragement you all give to each other.

Today is Day 6 of P1 for me. I've never tried SB but am truly amazed at the differences I've noticed so far. I do not miss the lunches and dinner filled with pastas, breads, fried foods, etc...And I especially do not miss the desserts of HEARTBURN following these former feasts. Since starting on Monday, I haven't had heartburn at all and surprisingly have not craved the foods I used to endulge in so much.

I do have a quick question regarding peanut butter. I know the book says natural peanut butter but I noticed the "natural peanut butters" at the store all have sugar. Is this ok or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!
SBbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Look for one with no sugar added as an ingredient. I get Smuckers. It has one gram of sugar but the only ingredients are peanuts and salt. Glad that things are going so well for you
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #3  

Thank you Karen for such a quick reply! I will definitely look for the no sugar added peanut butter.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi SBbelle and

I'm glad you are feeling the healthy results of following SBD. I find the closer I stick to op foods the better I feel. I buy my nut butters at our local health food store where they grind the nuts on site. I actually like almond butter best!

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

SBbelle! And congratulations for making it to Day 6!

Smuckers All Natural Peanutbutter is very good, and if you can find a store near you that grinds their own peanutbutter with no added sugar or other ingredients, that's even better. If you live near a Trader Joe's, their organic chunky peanutbutter is the best I've ever had, and you don't have to stir it first, either.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #6  

Thank you both for the warm welcome and also for your advice. I'll have to do a little research to see if I can find somewhere that makes their own butter. Have y'all ever tried the sunflower spread? I saw it in our store the other day but wasn't sure about it.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I love sunflower seed spread, and use it often. You really have to check the ingredients on it, though, as I've found some brands that aren't SBD friendly with a high sugar content.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi! Welcome! I'm new here too and working on Phase 1 (today is day 6 for me) and I have to agree with you that it's nowhere near as hard as it sounds. All of the support, ideas, and recipes here are awesome!

Last edited by audri8301; 08-08-2010 at 03:33 PM.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #9  

Hi Audri!

Welcome to you too! I'm just back from the store where I picked up some ingredients for a few recipies I'm trying. I'll let you know how they go!
Tonight we are having a turkey bacon/turkey burger quiche I'm also cooking for a very picky 4 year old, so hopefully this recipie will be approved.

Have you tried the ricotta muffins yet? I'm going to make those this evening as well to bring for breakfast this week.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Ricotta muffins sound interesting. I'll have to check those out. I'm lucky right now because I'm a teacher so I'm getting Phase One out of the way before my summer break comes to an end. Once we are back in session I'll definately have to look into more of the grab and go type breakfasts.

I did the turkey meatballs from Kalyn's Kitchen blog tonight with spaghetti squash and some sauce, it wasn't bad. The meatballs were delicious!
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote