Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/260/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Funny - Cleaning out the pantry

And so....I started MRC on Monday. Before that I asked my husband to clean out the pantry of all processed foods, get rid of the cans, and clear out the fridge. I wanted to start fresh. I work and he's the house husband. I'm truly blessed he cleans the house and makes all of my meals. He said he supports me 100% and would do the diet 90% with me. I need no temptations around me. I said fine...make popcorn whenever you want..but please not when I'm at home.

Well, yesterday, I was hanging up clothes in the spare room and I find the mother lode of food hidden on pantry shelves he had set up in the spare closet. Popcorn, beef jerky, ramen noodles, Snickers bars, you name it - he had it. :O Craziest thing I have ever seen. And so I asked him if he thought he was going to go through Y2K again and was this his bunker?! ; )

He said that he didn't think he could do the diet. Mind you, he needs to lose @ 50 lbs himself. He thought I might starve him.

He's been doing the diet for the last 4 days - give or take a few glasses of milk which he says he can't live without. Haven't checked his bunker - not sure if he binges while I'm gone during the day.

Honestly wish I could convince him that we can be "HEALTHY" together!

Have any of y'all had 'support' who did this?

Last edited by hope2lose; 08-05-2010 at 11:21 AM.
hope2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #2  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm so sorry, but OMG that's the funniest thing I've ever heard!! I can't believe he stashed it!! My husband is a pretty good supporter - although he will chow down on some chips and salsa while I'm drooling over his shoulder. But he doesn't need to lose any weight - I do. And even if he did need to lose weight, that would have to be his call - not mine. I bet your hubby will be totally inspired when he sees how well you're doing on program! It probably won't be long before he joins the band wagon - I see you've already lost 6 lbs - good for you!! Keep going!!!
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #3  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Lol!

Thanks so much for posting this hilarious story! We decided that I could start MRC first because I had more to lose than my DH. He will eat just about anything I put in front of him, but he still loves his treats and peanut butter and jelly. I've gotten to where it doesn't even bother me anymore to watch him eat things that are not OP. Like a recovering alcoholic at a party where adult beverages are served, I figure living with others' choices is just part of life and I need to learn strategies to deal with it. I actually enjoy my MRC food, so I don't feel too deprived. But your hubby will be inspired by your success, I'm sure. At least he will be more and more proud of you. As Shaunti Feldhan says in For Women Only, men need for their wives to look good - it reflects back on them. Aside from the above-mentioned hubby snacks, we don't keep a lot of junk in the house either.
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/260/140

Height: 5'2"

; ) the good news is that he has pretty much stayed on par with me all week eating the same foods except when we did grocery shopping yesterday. there were food demonstrations throughout Publix so he went on a tasting tour. one of the ladies offered him an entire plate of shrimp fried rice when he told her that I was dieting and he was 'starving'......lol...laughable and yet a bit disheartening. he has yet to hi the bunker....I'm hoping he doesn't!
hope2lose is offline   Reply With Quote