Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default new here - 1st day

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say hi. I started IP today. So far so good. I've been lurking and reading all your posts. Thanks for sharing all our wonderful information.
dodomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #2  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say hi. I started IP today. So far so good. I've been lurking and reading all your posts. Thanks for sharing all our wonderful information.

Congratulations for taking control of your life. Please don't be shy about asking questions.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Height: 5'4"

Default New too...

I'm starting today also. How did you feel at the end of day one? I'm not feeling so great but a coworker who has been doing IP for 4 months warned me that the first two weeks are the hardest. I have headache and I'm nausea. I couldn't even force myself to finish my lunch or supper. I'm hoping I will feel better tomorrow.
Kristysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/210/170

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! You will find lots of support and motivation here!!
tripmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Welcome! I am fairly new as well. This is a great site for support!
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #6  

Thanks for all the welcomes!! Kristysf I'm sorry that you weren't feeling so well yesterday. I felt fine. I got a little cranky around dinner but that passed. I'm feeling ok right now. Here's to hoping we have a great 2nd day!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Welcome! The first week is the toughest as you convert your body to fat burning. I also felt ill during the first week. I consumed alot of carbs and diet coke and think my body was reacting to the change. Kind of a withdrawal. Now just starting week 4, I am doing great! This will pass and you will be onto fat burning in no time.
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #8  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

Height: 5'2"

Welcome and good luck through week 1! From what I've read on this board, the days are different but expect to be unfocused, sluggish and feel like you have the flu during week 1. Day 4 was my "got hit by a truck" day. It's worth it on the other side. Your energy returns and you see pounds drop - it gets easier! Just stick with it!!
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #9  
Chubby Bunny

S/C/G: 218/211/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Another n00b!

Hi Everyone! I just started IP on Monday (modified with EAS shakes because I don't want to spend money on the "real thing" haha), and so far, so good. I guess yesterday was my "off" day - sleepy and hungry and lightheaded - but I am 8lbs down already, so I think I will get over it!

These forums have been motivating me so much already. Can't wait to get to know everyone!
sugacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #10  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugacookie View Post
Hi Everyone! I just started IP on Monday (modified with EAS shakes because I don't want to spend money on the "real thing" haha), and so far, so good. I guess yesterday was my "off" day - sleepy and hungry and lightheaded - but I am 8lbs down already, so I think I will get over it!

These forums have been motivating me so much already. Can't wait to get to know everyone!
-8 whhhooottt whhooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristysf View Post
I'm starting today also. How did you feel at the end of day one? I'm not feeling so great but a coworker who has been doing IP for 4 months warned me that the first two weeks are the hardest. I have headache and I'm nausea. I couldn't even force myself to finish my lunch or supper. I'm hoping I will feel better tomorrow.

It will get better... make sure you drink lots of water and make sure you get your salt in, your body is making some serious changes but it will get better soon the first week or so is the hardest after that it smooth sailing to burning fatsville... you can do it!!!!
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175.8/168.0/145

Height: 5'4"

It will get better... make sure you drink lots of water and make sure you get your salt in, your body is making some serious changes but it will get better soon the first week or so is the hardest after that it smooth sailing to burning fatsville... you can do it!!!![/QUOTE]

I think my biggest problem has been giving up caffeine. I was only drinking one Diet Coke a day but, it certainly has been hard giving it up. I'm going to try to stick with Ideal Protein till October 1st (or 30 pounds (whichever comes 1st.)) I have been able to follow the plan pretty good even with eating out at 3 restaurants. But, to be honest, I always have a hard time on the weekends. There is something about not being on my work schedule that makes eating properly hard.
Kristysf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #12  

Hello everyone. I'm a new member here as well and have been lurking for sometime. This forum has been a HUGE help for me, so thank you everyone for your input!

I have been on IP for 2 weeks beginning my 3rd week. This diet has been fairly easy for me I do not get hungry although it may get boring for some but thanks to the recipes posted here that can solve a lot of that issue. The worst has been that we had a guest stay for a few days and I did a lot of cooking and entertaining so that was a huddle. I AM losing weight and very quickly.

I also began a new exercise program thanks to this board! I do not recall who posted it but they recommended Callanthetics. It's great but very difficult at first and you see results quickly! Thanks again!
ponzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,
Day 5 for me and i am loving it! I was walking before but stopped when i started IP...wish i hadn't because I haven't felt tired. I am going to start walking today.

ponzu - are you using a dvd or a book. I went looking for something on Callastentics (sp) and couldn't find one so i picked up the T-tapp 15 minute to fitness(not sure if the title is right). I think it falls under the callastenics family. Anyone here of it, and or try it.

Going to the beach for 3 weeks ... so i won't be able to check the boards as frequently....i love all the information that you all share.

My first weigh in is on Monday...i'll post, i got on my scale after day 3 and i was down 11.5 lbs!! I can't believe it!! wowsers!!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristysf View Post
I think my biggest problem has been giving up caffeine. I was only drinking one Diet Coke a day but, it certainly has been hard giving it up. I'm going to try to stick with Ideal Protein till October 1st (or 30 pounds (whichever comes 1st.)) I have been able to follow the plan pretty good even with eating out at 3 restaurants. But, to be honest, I always have a hard time on the weekends. There is something about not being on my work schedule that makes eating properly hard.
It might not be the caffeine itself that's so addicting, I know I was horribly addicted to Diet Coke before IP and had a hard time giving it up. I drink coffee too, so it wasn't a caffeine issue. If you need the caffeine fix you could always try some iced tea. Or, what worked for me was to drink carbonated water, La Croix is my favorite and is lightly flavored. It helped get me over the hump and now I don't even miss the Diet Coke. Good luck!
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #15  

ponzu - are you using a dvd or a book. I went looking for something on Callastentics (sp) and couldn't find one so i picked up the T-tapp 15 minute to fitness(not sure if the title is right). I think it falls under the callastenics family. Anyone here of it, and or try it.

I purchased a dvd from Amazon. I used to do T-Tapp and it is very good and Callanthetics is similar but there are some very distinct differences. I really like Callanthetics although it is a very hard work out I feel SO much better afterwards. The stretching is wonderful!
ponzu is offline   Reply With Quote