Old 08-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #1  
started out 6/30/10

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy 2 days without exercise and restaurant food= SABOTAGE!

Ugh. Lemme say that again. Ugh.

I went a whole month without going out to eat and exercise nearly every day and had the weight loss to show for it.

On Tuesday, I took my son out and had a sandwich for lunch and a salad from chili's for dinner. And ate a fried appetizer! And then I didn't work out at all that day. Wednesday I took my MIL out for a birthday dinner. Claim Jumper= baaad news. And no exercise Wednesday, either.

Thursday- back on plan, did 5k run/walk intervals at night. And all of the salt and junk from Tuesday-Wednesday= 5 POUND WEIGHT GAIN.

I feel terrible about this. I was doing so well. The food at those restaurants just sounded so GOOD!

Am I destined to have to completely write off restaurants in the future? Should I stay away from them until I can control myself?
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

drink a lot of water. i'm guessing that alot of that is water retention from all the sodium. stick with your plan and you'll do fine! just remember, all things in moderation and moderation in itself! good luck
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I eat out less and less these days, but when I do, two things help: plan your order before you go and do NOT look at the menu! Menus are designed to get you to want to eat, eat, eat. People went to Harvard and Yale and studied for 8 years to get Ph.d's just so they could get paid a lot to design menus that will tempt you. The only way to win that game is to not play.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

At this point in my weight loss, i refuse to go out to eat. It would be too easy for me to go off plan.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/198/140

Height: 5'5

It is very hard to stick to plan when I go out to eat so I always opt for salads if I have to order out. it is important not to totally deprive yourself so i think going out to eat once or twice a month is OK but like others said in moderation. you know what to avoid it just takes will power and if you feel you do not have the will power than avoid it until you do.
Workout and drink lotsa water you will get back on track!
tryn2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #6  
started out 6/30/10

Thanks everyone.

No more going out. I just can't handle it yet and need to focus on eating right and not being tempted.

I decided to just move past this little bump, so I ate a very lean dinner and then challenged myself on my run tonight. I am proud to say that even though I'm dragging around all this water weight right now, tonight I finished week 5 of C25K and I did GREAT!
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I think it's ESSENTIAL to set yourself up for success - and for me in the early stages that meant not throwing needless temptation in my face - which meant avoiding restaurants.

And when I did step foot back in one, it was only CERTAIN restaurants (with very acceptable food options) and I placed a LOT of rules on myself - no bread, no fried or saucy foods, no desserts, caloric drinks - nothing that I wouldn't eat on a ordinary ON PLAN day. Which meant - a normal sized, well prepared protein with lots of veggies and/or salad. Perhaps a shared soup. Diet soda or water or hot tea. Period. Now I can navigate a restaurant beautifully. But again, initially - I stayed away.

Sounds like you've handled this *slip-up* beautifully! Good job!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

I don't have a stunning social life, so avoiding restaurants is quite easy for me! However, I do have a monthly staff meeting in a pub but I always order either a plain grilled steak, or a bunless burger, with salad, and drink sparkling mineral water. I still get great taste, and the joy of not having cooked it or washed up after it but stay as OP as possible.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote