Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #1  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Starting to feel like my first 3 months were a fluke...

Let me just start by saying...

ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I lost about 27 pounds in my first 3 and a half months, and now for the last month or so, I haven't lost anything. Not a pound. I seem to have lost the ability to stay on track, and it's making me SO MAD at myself. I feel like such a failure. I thought I finally got it together the last few days, but then today I had too much for dinner and then started snacking.

I was just starting to feel like I wasn't just a slob, but now I feel like my old fat self again on the inside, if that makes any sense.

I guess this is more of a rant than anything else
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I felt like that little angry guy (and my old self too actually) in your post last week when I got home from a vacation in which, I pretty much failed food wise. And I definitely get that frustrating plateau sensation.

There's this feeling only lately that my body kind of wants to stick with the healthier choices and wanted to be back from vacation eating better. Every time I get frustrated, I find that eating better will eventually make pounds go away. Even with exercising less than I did when I first started, it's exciting just to see that food choices DO make a big difference even if it takes a minute longer.

Now back on point, lol...I think we've lost about the same amount so hopefully you've had that feeling or will have the feeling that's just this push of confidence that it is working and it is all worth it and that you want to keep improving on it. Because that's what keeps me going when the slow times come.

Ugh, I hope that makes some sense. Rambling cab be a big problem on here for me.
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

You need to overhaul your plan. It worked at one point, but clearly it doesn't work now--you can't stick to it. If you keep food journals, I'd go through them to see if you've "drifted" away from some good habits that made staying on plan easier (this is really easy to do). Otherwise, I'd just mix it up. Find 5-6 new healthy foods you enjoy that you can eat, switch your eating times around (go to fewer bigger meals or smaller meals with more snacks), do something to change your plan.

For example, about 8 months into this, I added 2 McDonald's ice cream cones a week into my plan. Up until then, I had a pretty much zero tolerance policy on non-healthy calories and that worked really well. But my mind or body or something changed, and I started really, really craving some sort of ice cream, like I had "diet exhaustion". Super-strictness worked well for a long time, but then it didn't. So now I have 2 ice cream cones a week, 300 calories carefully counted, and my weight loss continues. If I had insisted on sticking to the plan that worked so well for the first 8 months, I would have given up completely by now.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #4  

Paradise,
I know how you feel. I'm going through the same thing. You make so much progress & are feeling great, then you hit a speedbump & it basically ruins your whole outlook.

The important thing is do NOT give up!! Stick with the diet!! Don't start eating whatever you want, otherwise you'll gain it all back & all your hard work will have been for nothing.

Allow yourself a treat every now & then, just make sure you leave some room for it in your diet. The ice cream treat that a previous poster mentioned is a great idea!! Allow yourself a candy bar (or something like that) once a week.
Buggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #5  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

I think the treat thing might be a good idea. Instead of trying to either work the "good" stuff into my calories (and then get out of control) or avoid it all together, I need to allow a specific thing. I think that will be easier than trying to manage it in a broader sense.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #6  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I hope things get better for you.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote