South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Thunder

It's not thundering yet, but looks like it will be very soon!

Grab a cup of coffee and let's sit and chat before we get busy with the day.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage. It's definitely time for coffee around here too.

I have to leave early today. It's my monthly fun meeting up north Long drive, boring meeting in a building with no AC (how can the state office complex be so out of date that they can't run computers and AC at the same time?!) and a car with no AC. Ah well at least I'll be done with my work day by 2:30.

How is your Thursday shaping up?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

I've been checking in daily, just don't write on most. Maybe guilt from little cheats?!

It's thundering here too, and beautiful at the same time.

Off to enjoy my coffee!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Twynn - I figured summer was just crazy busy for you It's good to see you
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ah, we had the thunder last night...and the lightening and the rain. One of my dogs had the shakes so badly..she's never done that before. Very electrical storm. My husband said it was like the mother ship was hovering over the house all lit up.

Have kind of a fun day planned. Found out about a health food store in a town close to here and we plan on scoping it out today. I have a list of new things I've researched and want to try out. Found a neat guy online yesterday on you tube and am going to listen to more of his videos this morning while everyone is still sleeping. Very interesting guy who makes a lot of sense. He was a personal trainer with a degree in kinesiolgy (sic?) who is really into good nutrition. I love this video on "kill your scale". Something great to watch if you KNOW you've lost weight, but your scale is not budging. He is cute as a bug too.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry to have disappeared on you all, LOL! My son dropped by on his way to work, so we had a cup of coffee together.

Cyndi, if it's as hot there as it is here, I don't envy you at all at the meeting without AC. Ugh! I hope at least they have fans and the meeting goes by quickly! Have a safe drive, and maybe you'll discover a new farm stand on the way.

Twynn, nice to see you here again! The sun just came out here, but more storms are supposed to be on the way for this afternoon.

Cat, did you get a chance to try the fried rice recipe? I make a fried "rice" that is very similar, and tastes just like the real thing. Have a good time exploring that new health food store, it sounds fun.

I've been in a funk, but I'm starting to come out of it. I have a hard time dealing with changes, but life is what it is, and kids don't stay little forever. Thank goodness for internet, at least it makes it easier to stay in touch.
My new dehydrator came, and I'm very eager to try it out, but it looks like I'll have to wait until the weekend when I have more time to keep an eye on it while I'm using it. My garden is just loving this heat and humidity and is producing like crazy this year. I've been freezing a lot of stuff, but I'm not interested in learning how to can. I don't much care for canned things anyway.
Well, since I have the morning off, I'd better get productive and get this house cleaned.
Have a great OP day, everyone!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! Waiting to go to my school to submit a form for tuition waiver. I will be drinking and eating soon!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies, hope all are well. Next week I think I'll be able to get in here more regularly and interact better. My meeting on Tuesday went well, at least we got what we wanted out of the govt folks and the Program Manager is very pleased with me.
DD1's surgery went well yesterday. I stayed with her all day and spent the night at her place. She slept through the night without waking for pain meds.
Today is interview day, so wish me luck. Would be easier if I knew what I was wishing for!
Can't wait for the weekend!
Need more coffee and a shower and then to try for a professional look.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, no not yet on the "rice". I need to get the tamari stuff. Hope I will find it at the store today.

Schoodle, whew on the surgery and you'll do great on the interview...

Talk about Thursday Thunder....it is STORMING here again. My electricity went out a little while ago then came back on...booming morning. Hope it stops so I can have my fun day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-05-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all!

Hey Twynn

Linda - So sorry you are in a funk

Schmoodle - Good luck and glad to hear the surgery went well. Hope it was nothing serious.

The heat has broken here and we will only be in the upper 80s today!! So I guess another morning bike ride is in order. Then errands. Niggles. Life as usual. Another boring day in Kansas.

Have a great one all.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

So much for tranquil...we traveled again last night so I'm on the East side for a day..no crisis...thank goodness, but just some stuff that needed to be addressed between tomato pickings. Back again tonight or tomorrow AM.

Have a great day everyone!

Schmoodle!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #12  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! *raises coffee cup* I'm on my first cup, so bear with me while I wake up . . . Good luck with your interview, meetings, recovering daughter, heartland bike ride, and trying to climb out of a funk (been doing that a little myself).

I'll check back in later. Going to go check the forecast and see how long these 100+ days are supposed to last. Have a lovely Thursday.

~~Sally

P.S. Funny incident from yesterday: I heard the normally sedate DH yelling and hopping around in his office. I rushed in to find him staring crazy-eyed at his shoulder: there sat a scorpion. Apparently he couldn't get it off. Me to the rescue . . .
Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning!

Cottage- Please send some thunder and rain this way! I need something to cool us down! I really want a dehydrater- let us know how you like it!

Cyndi- Oy. no ac... well, hopefully its cooler there than here! it was 85 already here this morning when I woke up at 7... Anywho- enjoy your short day!

Twynn- Good to see you!

Cat- I will check out that video- I enjoyed the fried rice one you posted yesterday too! eta: the only place I have been able to find the raw tamari is at whole foods I did buy some but I think since I have been using the Braggs liquid aminos I just don't care for the taste of soy sauce anymore! lol

Schmoodle- Good luck!!!

Debbie, Karen, FO-

Sally- OMG. was it a big one?! thats crazy! and I hope we both break this hot weather soon!

OK, so im still complaining about this heat! UGH. Not a lot on the agenda today other than cleaning, I got all the trim done yesterday and even painted the doors downstairs. Looks great- now if DH would just do the rest on the ceiling... Im not quite tall enough to tape it off with a step ladder, I may get the ladder out today and try to get it done. I am just ready for my house to be in order! Well, off to plan my menu for the day! I need to run out and grab a few groceries as well, its just so darned hot I hate to even get out of the house! but I better do it early- its only going to get worse!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

It's raining here in MD! Lights were out for an hour or so! I didn't get my tuition waived (sigh). Gotta pay out of pocket but it's worth it!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Sorry about the tuition,Okie. We decided to go to see Jackson Browne at our spectacular amphitheater...it's a beautiful spot hope it doesn't rain. See ya'll tomorrow.
Closed Thread