Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Talking Thursday Chatters for August.........

Hello all! It's AUGUST already! Wow, where did the summer go?!?

This is the place to come chat. At some time, we have all weighed on Thursdays and have followed WW.
Even if you don't, you are welcome here. We give support, have fun, overall just try to solve all the problems of the world.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Hello Losers!!!!!

Jeanne, thank you for starting us off this month. Wow, it's August. It's going to be a very hot month down here. Hey, maybe it'll melt off a few pounds.

Everyone have a great week. Drink your water!

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #3  
Susan

I'm in SA right now. Just cleaned the carpet. Need to go through addy's clothes but can't do it right ths second. Mom is resting. I don't think she feels good but won't say. She said last night " I am gong to be so lonely when you are gone." I said Momma you know I'll be back very soon.

Pat said it was 106 at home yesterday. Suppose be over 100 all week! Yuck!

When I go back, only one week left then back to school. Not ready for that!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Yuck to the hot weather!

I hate to open the garage door and feel that hot air.
Well, I'm not a good role model this week. I just ate some REAL Blue Bell ice cream--not the sugar free kind.
I am drinking my water so I'm doing one thing right.

People are very quiet on the boards right now. Come on in and post, even if you are having problems.

Dori, good luck with a new school year.

Susan, I'm so glad you are there with your mom.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Happy Tuesday,
It's HOT!!!

Today, I will try drinking decaf drinks. That will work until I start getting a headache.
Guess I'll have to drink at least half of a "real" Diet Coke and then lots and lots of water.
I'm slow today. Woke up at 7:00 then went back to sleep until 8:15! Oh well, there are still boxes in the garage to open.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #6  
jeanne

Hi everyone!!!!

Tina - it's hot here too! 92 and very very humid!! I'm sure that it is much worse for you southerners tho!

Susan - sweet hugs to you & your mom!

About the walk in closet............it's jessicas bedroom. hahahah! No really, it is. When we moved here 7+ years ago it was a closet. We turned it into her bedroom. So we put some fresh paint on it and made a trip to Home Depot and ta da......it's a closet again! There was only 1 very small closet in our whole house! 1!!!!! Who does that! I yi yi!

Well I better scoot. Good night everyone! Stay cool & drink that water!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne, how old is your house?????
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #8  
jeanne

77 years old..........................
Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #9  
Susan

Hi My Friends,

Well things are going here. HOT but not like at home. I've done all mom wants done so far and plan to work some in Daddy's office tomorrow. She is doing well. I think it is helping that I'm doing it and she sees the finished product. My older sister helps when she gets off work.

Jeanne, wow to the closet room. Cool to 77 year old house. I wanted to work for WW when I first lost weight but didn't want to work at night. Silly me!!

Tina, the heat gives me headaches. How are you feeling?

I just looked at our new insurance and I can get a gym membership for 24 hour fitness for $29 a month. At the gym I'm at I pay $64.90. I think I'm changing. However the one I'm at is closer to home. I like the cheaper cost.

Well off to read a little then to sleep. I'm on a messed up schedule here. I'll be awake early too.

Night!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #10  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Good morning ladies. I'm up and ready to start back to work. I've packed my breakfast and lunch to ensure I stay OP. The only reason I packed my breakfast is because they serve us breakfast the first day back and it's usually not healthy food. This way I won't be tempted.

It's hot here as well. With the heat index it has been well into the 100's lately. *sigh* I'm ready for winter already.

Jeanne - I'm like you...Who only has one closet in their whole house? Yikers.

Tina - Take it easy in the heat. Don't want to overdo it.

Susan - Glad that you're spending time with your mom and she's doing well.

Well off to finish getting ready. Have a great day ladies.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all

hope everyone is surviving their heatwaves. We're starting to cool down but august isn't nearly over and I'm sure we're in for some hot humid days yet before summer is through.

Tina, how's the gym going? Are you managing to get out to it?

I'm in my 4th week of journaling and watching what I eat and slowly I'm losing. I just have to keep going. So far I've lost about 7 lbs so I'm happy with that. I'll take it

I'm at the office so I'd better get going here. I hope we all have a great day

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #12  
jeanne

Thumbs up Yum!

Soooo tonight I'm home alone! Eeekkkk! I wanted something good to eat. Soooo, I crunched up a handful of golden grahams, 1/8 ish cup for 1 point, 1 container WW keylime pie yogurt - 1 point and a little spoon of cool whip lite - 1 point. Layered this all into a little dessert dish and ta-da! Total yummy! And actually it isn't really even a total of 3 points, I just rounded up!

Hope everyone had a great weigh in! Drink your water and shake your
boot-tas!!! Muscles in motion!!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
I've got to get back to journaling. I lose when I do that. I've been out-of-control for several days. I haven't felt good and just ate, ate, ate. Anyone else do that?
Well, the end of that has come. My journal is out for tomorrow. I bought lots of fruit, too.

Jeanne, your dessert sounded so good. Good for you, making up such a great thing! Wow, to a 77 year old house. Our house was built in 1940. It just started falling apart.

Dori, how were the first days of school? Bravo for taking your breakfast and lunch.

Maureen, I haven't felt like going to the gym for a week. Everyone around here is sneezing and coughing. I had a mild case of bronchitis myself. (This antibiotic I'm taking is clearing it up, though.) Hey, I got another box unpacked.
Is your second bedroom all fixed up now?
Oh, and bravo for that weight loss!!!!!

Susan, are you home yet?

Tammy, we miss you! Mimi we miss you! Nikki, where are you? Clint, have you been fishing?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #14  
jeanne

Happy beautiful Sunday everyone!!!! Have a great day!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Happy Sunday to everyone.

Last night, I was using our garbage disposal in our NEW townhouse and it fell into the cabinet under the sink! It took out a pipe on it's way down. It really was pretty funny. I was looking down the disposal hole because of the noise. It just wasn't there anymore.
We called the plumbing place where there's a warranty. Guess what---it's out of business!!!
Larry is now callilng the townhouse contractor. We can't use the sink or dishwasher.
Hey, I get to eat out after church today.

Y'all have a good day.