Old 08-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Default yikes

O

Ok this is hard, the weight loss has slowed down and I think I gained 1 pound
overnight.

I hope it gets better than this , I feel weak, shaking, and hungry.
I am only on week 2 weight loss 10 pounds well forgot . I gained 1 pound so I am down 9 pounds.

From now on I will only weigh each week.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #2  
Re-newbie

S/C/G: 161/139/128

Height: 5'4"

You've lost a good amount of weight! Sorry you had to see that gain. It's always hard to look at one, even when you know it could be water, and when you know it will probably fall right off in another day. Hang in there, you are doing great.
firefly68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Your not alone sister. I gained one pound overnight! Then I thought about it and realized it is that TOM. I always go up a little right before. So I am trying really hard to stay focused cause usually with the weight gain comes the chocolate cravings.....So far so good. Thankfully there is nothing in the house to tempt me and I am making another cheesecake today.

You shouldn't let yourself feel hungry. If you are hungry - eat! One of the many blessings of the Atkins. Maybe you need to add just a little bit of carbs (good carbs) if you are still shaky. Stick with it.

Let us know how things are going.
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #4  

thank you guys.
I do feel hungry yet I am bored with grilled chicken and veggies or beef and veggies, guess i would rather skip the meal.

Did try some snack ideas cheese crisp things, green beans i dont know
i need food ideas (no fish/ sea food allergy i dont want hives)

I also put my scales in another room, removed temptation to weigh.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

You can eat anything you want, just make sure it's in moderation. Obviously there are things you'd be better off staying away from more often than not, but if you limit yourself too much, you're certainly going to get bored. Try Sparkpeople.com, they have a lot of healthy recipes, I get a lot of mine from there.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #6  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Default It'll be okay...

It'll be okay, really. Skipping meals isn't recommended because we will feel terrible and shaky. Even if you eat a little something high in protein and fat, you'll feel better...Havarti cheese with herbs, grill up some Hebrew National beef franks and dip them in a grainy mustard/mayo mix.

What is it you're craving? Then check Linda's Low Carb site, Sparkpeople, Atkins cookbooks, and see if there's a low carb way to make it.

And as JerseyGyrl suggests, "Are you drinking enough water?" I have to literally refill a 20oz. bottle of water three times to make myself drink enough. I hate water, but I'm drinking it. I hate fatness worse!

I also hate exercise, but every day I take my dog for a walk - but 20-30 minutes each day. As soon as it's not so HOT, I plan to gradually increase my time.

I haven't gotten to that point yet, but when I lost my 80 pounds on Atkins, (10 years ago), I used to order a personal size pizza and eat the toppings off it and chuck the bread...and I was fine! By then it didn't bother me to ditch the bread.

JerseyGyrl sugggests Linda's Low Carb site as a source for fresh ideas and recipes:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/

You can do it!

Have you considered going on Atkins OWL (on going weight loss)? Adding nuts and berries may do the trick for you. Good luck and keep posting.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #7  

Thanks so much for the good info, i will check out all the web sites.
You guys are great, thanks again