Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 08:39 AM   #1  

Smile Where are the walkers?

We have to get back to posting.
I have not been doing to good with my walking. I am in a slump again. Don't feel ikd dieting, walking or even cooking for that matter. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone please help me out of this slump.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:16 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Janine! I'm still here. Thanks for starting this thread again. I was kind of slacking off too last week--too many parties and other stuff going on so I started eating more and not walking enough. Missed 3 days in a row last week--not good. But I've gotten back in the groove and am starting up again.

Maybe you need a change, like a new CD or some music to get you pumped up while on your treadmill. How about treating yourself to a DVD movie while walking? You could break up a 2 hour movie into 2-3 sessions. Just some suggestions. Got any old clothes that you'd like to fit back into? I have a mini-goal pair of jeans that I dug out of my closet, hanging out where I can see it. I know you've come so far, almost at the halfway point to goal. Just take it one day at a time...you'll get that motivation back. We can do this!
Old 02-28-2003, 04:10 PM   #3  
Hanging in There

Hard to walk through 2 feet of snow!
Old 03-01-2003, 01:55 AM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I've had a good week walking, just missed Tuesday since it was my 8th wedding anniversary and we went out to dinner. My mother said 'your legs are getting bigger', I think she meant my monstrous calves. Well, maybe they are a little bigger, but let me tell ya, they're a lot more muscular than they were a few months ago. I'll take muscle over flab anyday. Anyway, unlike those of you freezing your patooties off outdoors, I'm working up a sweat and getting a sunburn on my face and shoulders when I go out in the evening. Boohoo, I know. Lucky I live Hawaii--ya'll should come and visit sometime.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:07 AM   #5  
Eat Less; Exercise More

Well, I don't have to trudge through snow, but it's been pretty soggy here lately in Louisiana. I dont' mind walking in the rain particularly--I can protect my head, but I hate sloshing through puddles and getting feet and legs soaked. So, I've been opting for exercise bike and Curves workouts. I've managed to get there 3 times a week for most of Jan and Feb! Yay me! Also started low-carb, so have shed about 9 pounds this past month. Size 14's are just about too loose and I'm back in the 12's. When the 12's are loose, I'll know I'm getting to where I want to be!
Mel, sounds like you may have to walk for all of us for the next month or so! Poor thing, hiking in Hawaii, what a life
Old 03-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #6  
it's always something

I'd like to join another walking group/challenge. The last one I joined flopped for me because even though I tried hard to walk daily, I had such a high work load that I rarely posted. Things are changing, though.

We're probably all in a slump right now. Maybe getting a new thread together will help pull us out of it
Old 03-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #7  

I love walking. Would love to join you to keep me inspired.

I have walked 3 out of the last 4 days. Twice 2 miles and twice only 1 mile....due to the COLD temps here !!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 07:25 PM   #8  

Default Hey There

Suzanne- I had a little problem reading your reply . I was looking at the piece of chocolate cake someone/you were eating. Now you know my favorite food. And why I need all the motivation I can get.
I was a avid walker up until almost a year ago and that is how long I have been in a slump. I have osteoartritis and the knees are not so good. I was having some pain and slippage in the joints . I just wasn't able to walk like I wanted to. My knees seem better and I do still have pain . But in spite of it I know that I need to get out there and just grit my teeth and do it. Motivation is what I need...I live in Florida. It should be easier than it is to get out and walk. Maybe it is just what some people call "stinking thinking".
I hope I can join you and maybe regain the habit of doing what is needed to lose a few more pounds. I lost 57 with WW. That chapter closed so now I have joined a support group with TOPS. I am within 6 pounds of my previous goal of 150. I know there are other people who say if I could only get to 150 I would not complain. I still feel FAT. I am not happy with my weight.
Whatever you can say to inspire me ,I thank You . If I can inspire you I will........Joanne
Old 03-08-2003, 03:00 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Well, I am starting my daily walking again. I have to. It is the only thing that works for me. If I walk, and sweat all those calories, how in the world can I stuff my face full of junk afterwards??? Suzanne-It's been a long time since I posted on a walking threat. Glad to see you are still walking! I am not in Veags anymore so hopefully I can keep it up thru the summer and not quit mid June like years past. So, is anyone gonna make a walking post??? Nah, I won't start it. All my posts turn out to be duds.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Room for 1 more??? I walk the halls here at night (I work graveyard shift in a nursing home) with my walkman for 30min each night. I usually listen to a Richard Simmons tape, or just the radio. At home I have one of those gliders, not using it as much as I should, but if anyone starts a challenge, does that count? Lets just DO IT this time!! Good luck all.
Barbara
Old 03-09-2003, 08:30 AM   #11  

Always room for more Barbara!!!!!!

I have not been doing good at all this past 2 weeks. I have the winter blahs and just no motivation to walk. I have been watching what I eat so that is still OK. This past week I have been busy getting ready for my youngest's birthday party which is this evening. I still have the livingroom and diningroom to finish cleaning. Everything else is done! Maybe next week I will fell better and have the desire to walk.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:02 AM   #12  
I am my dog's idol!

Talking Count me in!

Hi fellow walkers. I have just started back walking as well. I have also been a victim of the winter blahs, but warmer weather is here in Lower ALabama and I am getting out more.

I, as well, walked in the misty rain at dusk yesterday and actually found it quite soothing. I have checked out a Danielle Steele book from the library on tape and will only let myself listen to it when walking and am happily finding that I can't wait to get out and walk today to hear the next part of the story.

Try it, it may help!

Ok, so I am off to hear what happens as they all travel to the house in St. Tropez. The book cover says it is not all that they expect it to be. I'm very curious to hear this part. So, my walking is about to begin!

Have a great day everyone!
Keep up the good work!
Old 03-09-2003, 12:00 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I walked 20 minutes to go get my Sunday newspaper. I will get out again later for a longer walk.
Old 03-09-2003, 05:25 PM   #14  
I am my dog's idol!

I just got in from an hour walk and am hot, but feel great!

Walkers rock!
Old 03-09-2003, 07:13 PM   #15  

Default Hey

Hello All- I walked for a few hours in the mall ,yesterday. Shopping I guess I can say a good hour should total it. I know I was tired when we got in the car to go home. I am going to try and do better this week than I did last week. I just got to get motivated. Audio tapes are a good idea. I use CD"s a lot. I would never get through any length of time without them.
Bye and stay healthy......Joanne
Closed Thread