S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 2- August 8

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #2  

It's a holiday Monday here in Toronto. I'm having lunch with a friend, meeting another friend for the afternoon, then going to see my Godson and his family.

I'll do my best to be OP! I hope you have a good day, and I'll be back tonight.

Cute new avatar Sloan.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm in a rush. What new? Dropped Brodie off for the neutering this morning and now I need to go to JC. I'll gain again. Sigh. Then brunch with Sister and BIL. Yum.

Love the avatar, Sloan. Jim and I have been watching Mad Men since the beginning and love it.

Rhonda, have fun in Toronto! SOOOOO glad to hear that Kyra is doing well. I cried when we dropped off Brodie. It's upsetting for me to let someone else be in charge of those I love.

Sandra, I'm dusting AFTER brunch. I know....I know.....

Hey to Nancy and Mary Ann!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

I'm dusting, too, Vickie. Life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

Rhonda, enjoy your day. Sounds like a special one to me.

We are sort of "celebrating" Curtis' last day before surgery. We had lunch out at a local cafe that specalizes in chicken fried steak. I ordered a half/lunch.

I'm sort of OP. Or is that the same thing as "sort of pregnant"? (No such thing?)

Last edited by ontarget; 08-02-2010 at 03:25 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #5  

Hi:

I had a good day, and my biggest food crime was having a 1/2 pint and a chicken salad sandwich. But, I had only the one smaall beer and didn't eat all of the bread. For dinner I had a huge salad with shrimp and scallops and too much oil on them...but no bread and no alcohol.

I've reconnected with the Toronto neighborhood boot camp ladies, and will be joining them tomorrow morning at 6AM. I am nuts.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, got my blood work results today: perfect!! Yay, me Tomorrow is my first day back at school. I got some more organizing done today, but I did not get my last set of curains done. I did get the fabric and curtain clip/rings, so I can work on them some more this week. I have not been eating like I should over the last two days, so I need to get back to program.

Rhonda, I'm glad you are having fun and that Kyra is doing well. Have a great time!

Sandra, how are y'all doing? I'm praying that Curtis does not have too much pain after surgery tomorrow.

Vickie, how's Brodie? I hope his procedure went well!

Have a great night, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #7  

Just got in from the mountains ..I went to help my son move..
Great trip..
Sandra..will be praying for Curtis tomorrow!

I ate okay this weekend ..
I am going to try to go to the YMCA some this week.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! What a tiring and emotional day we had here yesterday.

Sandra, thinking of you and praying for Curtis' quick recovery.

Nancy, I'm glad your trip went well.

Rhonda, it sounds like you are not only having a great time but have mastered the notion of moderation. I'm still working on that! How's Kyra?

Brodie's procedure went perfectly and his bloodwork and tests all showed that he is a fabulously healthy pup! He's wearing his inflatable cone today and although he'd like it off, he's not as upset as other dogs I've had with the dreaded plastic cone. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a dog. He can see all around. We tried to use the soft material comfy cone but he was like a furious bucking bronco. You Texas gals know what that looked like! Doc says he has to wear it for 14 days. We sure hope not. Brodie is the type who will not leave himself alone, so we may have to follow the Doc's advice. Brodie already wants to jump and run. Lordy.

My eating yesterday was good. I ate out at breakfast time and had an omelet and toast; mushroom and avocado. It was a lot of fat but most good. I ate the fresh fruit I got with it for a snack in the afternoon. We were starving at 8:00 last night but didn't want to eat in front of the dog who could not eat until this morning. My poor little boy didn't have any food until this morning from 10:00 Sunday night! We ended up having those DiGiorno 200 calorie pizzas and a WW strawberry shortcake dessert. It was yummy. Brodie had ice chips.

I'll check in later when I can. Sandra/Rhonda, please keep us posted about Curtis.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-03-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #9  

Hi All:

Continuing the dog check: DH says Kyra chewed out the IV port in her paw, but is no worse for wear. She has decided that she prefers the expensive vet food to what we give her: that's my girl! I assume that means that she is well.

Sloan, you are a good role model for fixin' up the house!

I don't know anymore about Curtis. I imagine that Sandra will check in with us.

I went to my old neighborhood boot camp this morning at 6AM, and had a great time. I'm impressed with my improvement!

I'm off to do a day of visiting. I'll be good

Rhonda
Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I bet everyone was impressed with the new YOU! Have a great day today.

We are swimming for our lives here. The rain can stop now.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:54 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thinking of you, Sandra....and Curtis. Check in when you can.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

First day of school! I got a lot done, and feel pretty good about the first days of school. Students don't report until Friday.

Sandra, I hope Curtis is doing well, and you are not too tired. Make sure and take care of yourself.

Rhonda, I like hearing about your visit. Keep the updates coming.

Vickie, glad Brodie is okay. I hope your rain stops soon.

I'm relaxing with DD after time in the pool with DH. We had BBQ for supper, and it was yummy!

I'll try to check in tomorrow. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #13  

Sloan, your tales of returning are making me so grateful not to be going back. I did visit at my former university today, and I don't miss a thing.

I'm turning in early. I went to boot camp, and am going to a 6:30 AM spinning class...

Talk to you tomorrow...
Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! More rain here today. It's getting REALLY old....and places here were flooding already with the last storm. We are thankful to be in a high and dry area of town. That may be a selling point some day when we want to move on from this house.

We are going to be hanging around today. Trying to distract Brodie from his surgery and the fact that he is wearing an inflatable cone. GREAT product. We bought the soft comfy cone and he went crazy when we tried to put it on. He is tolerating the inflatable one quite well since he can see and play and drink easily. http://www.petco.com/product/100555/...t=OnSiteSearch.

My eating is back to normal. I hope that it won't be an issue for next week. I didn't like two small gains in a row and I don't like that my ticker is wrong....but I'm not changing it. I WILL get back there.

Sandra, hoping all is well with you and Curtis.

Mary Ann, hope you're having fun with the family.

Sloan, that went fast. Don't work too hard.

Rhonda, exercising on vacation. You are a role model for sure.

Gotta run. It's almost 7:00 a.m. here and it's dark as midnight. I think a bad one is coming through.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-04-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:03 AM   #15  

Yep, exercising on vacation! I went to a spinning class, will go to "boot camp" tomorrow and back to spinning on Friday. I love the Wednesday morning spin teacher here...she is so sweet and then becomes a bully on the bike...great contrast.

I'm out again today, two meals with different sets of friends. I think I'll stay home tonight and rest!

Stay OP, and Vickie, stay dry!!

Rhonda