Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 10:29 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....292

WELCOME!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 02-28-2003, 11:02 AM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Angry Thankful Thursday......

Yes, I know I am a day late, but who cares? I am feeling quite thankful today, and thought I would share something I read in Womans World with you....

How can I stop little slips from turning into big slides?

Q: Whenever I set my mind on something, whether it's going on a diet or going after a promotion at work, I start out really enthusiastic and committed--but the minute I face a setback, even a little one, I give up. Why am I so lazy?

A: Everyone has setbacks, but the reason you give up on long-term goals after a setback isn't because you're lazy. It's because you need support. It's easier to stick with something difficult if you're getting help from someone else. That's one reason 12-step groups are so effective. My advice: find other people who are trying to achieve the same goal. Then help each other nip slips in the bud when they pop up--and offer encouragement through good and bad times. Also avoid anyone who isn't supportive of your efforts. Who might you need to avoid? Draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper. On the left side, list everyone (and every situation) that drains your energy. On the right side, list the people and situations that leave you feeling inspired. Minimize your contact with the negatives and maximize your time with the positives to boost your stick-to-it-iveness. And you will reach your goals!

Do you know who is on the right side of my paper?

2cute
Thin
Michelle
Lucky
Baylee
Donna
Sandy
J-ann
Duckie
Kat
Mary
Ravyn
Sara
Jen

All my friends here at 3FC, for without you, I would not be successful. Sure, I am the one that is responsible for what I put in my mouth. Sure, I am the one sweating it out in front of that tv every night. But you gals have become ingrained in my heart, mind and my soul and I take you everywhere I go and you're with me no matter what I do. Thanks for always being there for me and always inspiring me. I hope in some small way, I have been there for you the way you have been there for me. I love you all.

Lucky: Sweetheart, I miss you. Please come back to us. I know you've got things going on in your life, but I can definitely tell the difference when you're not here. We don't care what your eating or drinking, we don't care if you've not exercised in a month. We just want to see you. Doesn't matter in what capacity. I don't mean to push on this issue, but I feel like we're close enough that I can. I promise, I won't say anything else after this. Just know that I love you and can't wait to see you again.

Ok, with that girls....I am out of here. I will be back tonight and I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:14 PM   #3  

Oh my dear friends, I found you!!!! Just like Tina said you are all so special to me too. I talk about you all as friends that I know in real life, (well you know what I mean) I will be talking to someone and say "my friend" or "I have a friend". I love the friendship and encouragement I have found here with you wonderful ladies!! I hope someday to meet some of you, we will have to have a reunion of some sorts somewhere in the middle? Don't quite know where the middle would be, but we will have to do it sometime. Wouldn't that be marvey!!! Oh, **** with it, we can just all loose all this weight and meet on the beaches of Hawaii "NOW THATS A PLAN" Can you see us know? All laying out on one of those nice lawn chairs that we don't dare sit on now with fear that they may colapse, in our string bikinis watching the sun go down drinking margaritas. Oh what a dream!! First I need to come back to reality and save some $$$ to afford this lavish trip!! Oh some day!!!

Donna/ good luck with the job, hope you get it!!!

Rayven/ Your "coach"/ sweetie sounds great!! I'm so happy you have someone to love you and be nice to you and support you along your journey!! My hubby is very supportive too.

Baylee/ I know you will love the tapes!!! I only have the one 3 mile one and will continue with that for now, but I have a variety of other tapes including the Pilates one that I bought a few weeks ago and since that first time I popped it in the VCR its been back in the case waiting till I can do a few more of the movements. Thank you so much for all of your encouraging words and the articles you post, they are great!!! You are a wealth of information.

I hope everyone else is doing well and hope you all post soon to give me my fix, today I could not log on at work at all the boss never left, so I was ready for a good fix when I logged on today at home.

Love and Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 02-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #4  

Baylee, I agree about the string bikini ( I would never be caught dead in one, but it was a dream).....lol.....but okay lets revise that to a nice low cut one piece high thigh bathingsuit, we will have to show off our new bods and all you know!!!!

And do forgive me if I'm acting blonde but what is CHOP CHOP?
Probably something we have here just a different name? When your done with the laundry could you pop over here and catch mine up? Donna has been so busy lately she's gotten behind on mine . Just kidding, but boy it does tend to add up faster than I can catch up.

Tina, are you waiting for qualifying to come on? Is that why your not here? Hubby is waiting too only 15 more minutes. I went and got us some good movies to watch and nope can't do that, gotta watch the race stuff first, So I told him tomorrow night is movie night!!!!

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 02-28-2003, 08:20 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Sandy I work for a National Payday advance company. We market, service and collect on short term loans for People's National Bank. I manage a branch near my home. These loans are until their next payday usually up to 14 days. You might not believe it but for some of these people this is a way of life! They come in EVERY single payday and pay us a finance fee most around $170 each payday! THey get into a rut...and can't get out! But hey...it keeps me employed! This company I work for now have over 1750 stores across the united states...some states like New Jersey it is against the law...and it must be in Rhode Island too because I have never seen any there and I lived there for 38 years!! Its quite an interesting job...I love the collection end of it...give me my money or I will hunt you down!! Thats what I tell my customers....I had another manager helping me out today because my girl was out sick and one customer asked her what happens if he doesn't come back on his due date...she was kinda looking at him and said you have to be here on your due date and I looked over at him and I said and if your NOT...then I COME HUNT YOU DOWN THATS WHAT HAPPENS!! And you dont want ME hunting you down thats for sure!! He laughed and said I'll be here on my due date!

I had one guy who didn't come back to pay and went into bad debt collections, we deposited his check (which we hold for collateral) and it came back insufficient funds, we held it now since last september and verifed funds at the bank every day...well yesterday the money was there and I went and got it! he called the bank and told them the check was forged and all that crap...They called me and I told her that I have a consumer loan agreement signed by him, a loan application signed by him and his drivers license and social security card signed by him and the signatures on the check match all those signatures...so I called him up at home last night and said I understand there is a problem with the consumer loan agreement you signed back in Sept. with People's national bank and he started stuttering and he was all nervous and he said no theres no problem..I was just confused...so that was that!! I love that part of the job!

anyways...enough babbling about my job! Can you tell I love it...just not my immediate boss!!

I gotta run...Andrew is calling grandma and grandpap in Rhode Island!

TTFN Michelle
Old 02-28-2003, 09:26 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Fun Friday!

Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the **** happened.
Cora Harvey Armstrong

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy........
Helen Hayes (at 73)

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.
Janette Barber

Whoever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
Jan King

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
Lily Tomlin

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.
Carrie Snow

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
Laurie Kuslansky

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.
Rhonda Hansome

Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
Charlotte Whitton

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.
Caryn Leschen

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Jennifer Unlimited

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Unknown

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb . . and I'm also not blonde.
Dolly Parton

You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.
Erica Jong

If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.
Sue Grafton

I think---therefore I'm single.
Lizz Winstead

When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.
Elayne Boosler

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.
Maryon Pearson

I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.
Gloria Steinem

I never married, because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog that growls every morning, a parrot that swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late every night.
Marie Corelli

If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your neck?
Linda Ellerbee

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.
Zsa Zsa Gabor

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-28-2003 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #7  

Tina,
I don't know why I never thought of this to tell you before. But tonight while watching qualifying with dh they were talking about who drives what for a car.....

Guess what yours truely drives???? Yup you guessed it, I have a 1999 Monte Carlo......bought it new back then but now its OMG almost 4 years old in car years....almost time for an upgrade? Sorry to say I'm not sticking with it, gonna go all wheel drive Mini van....kids and all you know, much more sensible, but if gas prices don't start falling I will be getting a bike with extra seats for the kids to pedal...LOL

Love ya,
Sandy
Old 03-01-2003, 01:07 AM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Hello hello hello.....

Hope you all still remember me.
Sorry I have been MIA.
I have gone back over the last two threads and I am not the only one missing. We are still missing Lucky, Duckie, J-ann.
Come on out ... or jump right in ... either way ... POST !!!
Replys will be brief.

Tina... I want a picture of your new dog Lucky. I LOVE my house dog. He is more family than family.

Sandy... I am just like you. When I am talking to people I always refer to all of you here as "my friends". YOU ARE MY FRIENDS even if we don't see each other. It is no different than if I had a friend and she moved away and we communicate through email now.

Baylee ... I know this sounds awful.. but I hate doing my husbands laundry anymore. He wears more clothes than I do. 2/3 is his and 1/3 is mine. I keep thinking... if I didn't have to do "his" I wouldn't have to do this all the time. He also has three times the clothes than I have too. Being overweight I have never been into shopping. There is no way I can go 2 days without doing laundry..... oh what a dream to do every 2 weeks. Ahhhh

Kat .... I have always wanted to visit New York but I am a coward to go by myself and my husband says he does not ever want to go there. Maybe when we all reach goal we can meet in NY and you can be our tour guide.

Donna.... I would LOVE that leather purse store of yours. I only buy mine when they are on sale at half price... but that is still more than $19.99. I am soooo jealous !!!!!
I have all my fingers and toes for your new job.
I also have to tell you a funny thing that I thought while "scanning" the posts. You wrote quote: " Ravyn, I would flush those puppies down the garbage disposal"
My eyes just about popped out of my head. I had to go back and reread Rayvns post to realize you were talking about chocolate candy not "real" puppies.
Jen... you came back and left before I got to visit. Where are you

Mary... Belated condolences about your neice.
I am so very grateful I have not had any deaths in my family.
My husband's has had several.

Michelle...My sister has worked in collections for 25-30 years.
She is very good at getting their money. She does not love it though. She would love to get out of it.

Ravyn... You have got to have a better hiding place than under the bathroom sink. Try mine... of course this for "heathy snacks" you are hiding from family. Hide you treats inside an empty frozen vegetable bag or box. My family has never looked there.

Thinthinker... I have finally found something we differ in.....
I have NEVER watched a single "Survivor" show.
Nor did I ever watch or that family ... what are their names ???
The dad is a former rock singer. Darn, I can't remember their names.
Wait !!!... "The Osbournes" LOL

Sara... I sure hope you lose those last 2 lbs so you will finally post your before and after photos. PLEASE !!!!
But I hope you don't stop posting when you reach your goal.
You are a very important part of this group and their success... and HOPE

Okay... I sure hope I hit everyone.... Susie... I know you don't post much... but I still think of you and your example as a main stay here... please post more often.

Everyone have a good weekend. We are like a flock of geese here
They fly in a group... V shaped flight. They take turns leading.
They are like us... sometimes we lead.. sometimes we follow.
But it is IMPORTANT to remain with the flock.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-01-2003 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:56 AM   #9  

Morning girls,
I can't believe its Saturday and I'm up this early! I could not sleep so I figured I would get up and have coffee with some of my favorite people (YES, THAT WOULD BE ALL OF YOU).
2CUTE, it's so nice to have you bless us with your presence again......just kidding, we missed you, okay I missed you!!! Stay around for a while.
This morning I got to catch up on all those emails that seem to long to read that you leave for a rainy day, here is a cute one, made me smile hope it does you too.

>
>
> Subject: smile time
>
>
>
> Smiling is infectious,
> You catch it like the flu.
> When someone smiled at me today,
>
> I started smiling too.
> I passed around the corner,
> and someone saw my grin.
>
> When he smiled I realized,
> I'd passed it to him.
> I thought about that smile,
> then I realized its worth.
>
> A single smile just like mine,
> could travel the earth.
> So, if you feel a smile begin,
> don't leave it undetected.
>
> Let's start an epidemic quick,
> and get the world infected!
>
> INSTANTLY WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE SMILE STARTER
> SEND IT ON.
>
> *The only thing that can happen is you may
> make someone's day.

I hope it made you smile.

Well I guess I should go finsih that laundry I left in the washer last night, seems to always be the way here one in the washer, one in the dryer and 2 in the baskets to be put away and more waiting to take it's place.

Love and hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 03-01-2003, 07:04 AM   #10  

Oh MY !!!! Sandy is contagious !!!!!!

I caught it from her. I AM INFECTED !!!
Old 03-01-2003, 08:19 AM   #11  
Learning To Live For Me

Thumbs down Good Morning Ladies

Hey guys. How is everyone this morning? Me, I'm sore and tired. I've been up long enough to start my new ritual of a cup of OJ to start my day off. I'm trying hard to push healthy habits into my life style. Coach told me last night, instead of going straight for the coffee, to try to drink a cup of OJ, so I did.

I did get my walk in yesterday it was only 10 mins up and down my drive, but I have a heck of a incline on my drive, so today I shoot for 15, after I head to the store to pick up some healthy food. I was sitting here trying to find some healthy simple reciepes I can take to work with me.

I dont know how much longer I'm going to have my job. I am a CNA, and have a 99 year old patient, so that should explain that pretty good. Bless its soul, its such a sweet lady.

I ended up tossing those candy bars out, woohoo for me. Any of you ladies care to share some fav receipes with me, that is quick and simple. I'm doing WW in case I forgot to tell all of you. I think my bio got lost on the other thread, lol.

I hope everyone has a wonderful healthy day.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:35 AM   #12  

Ok girls it is my turn to be boohooed with. You get a one chance thing because this "ain't a happenin' again." I have had two horrible days of eating, both at night. We have eaten out and that can always cause problems. I am not ok about it as I did something I shouldn't, but I understand that it happened and to move on. I could use a little pity party though as I have been so good and I only let myself down and no one else. those Mrs. Fields cookies! We went and saw Gods and Generals last night and like a dope I bought cookies. I guess because I have not had anything like that who knows? The movie is wonderful if you like period pictures that are factual and we do, but didn't know the thing was 4 hours long. I had eaten 1 and 1/2 cookie and thought I would bring the others home for my dd on Monday. It wasn't until we found there was an intermission that I ate the other two. Brother what a dope! I didn't eat too well at dinner last night or the night before either.

On top of all that, I am having some real lower back pain and I am beginning to think it is cause by the environment I walk on. So, though it is not as convenient, I think I am going to start walking at the mall to have an even surface, etc.

I will post to everyone, but I may not get back here for a couple days. I have a ton of housework to catch up on and Monday is scrapbooking day and ties me up until afternoon.

I did want to say to 2cute, I am sorry for giving you a heart attack about the "puppies."

Michelle: I never knew you had such an ornery side to you! I am a big wuss and could never do any kind of collections. I make my husband handle anything the least controversial on my part, including buying anything on credit. As to your comment about how people kind of survive on it, you are totally right. I have a relative (I won't say how the person is related to me), that has what this person calls check loans out all over town and just keeps going in and paying the fee every two weeks instead of letting the check go through. We have them all over here in Memphis. I understand they fill a need, but it is too bad they are used for something other than uptmost emergencies.

To all of you, I would like to reiterate what has been said by others. You have become true and trusted friends and I value each and every one of you!

Please forgive me for not checking in if I cannot. I have to get this work done and that includes steam cleaning half the living room carpet today and half tomorrow.

Love you guys! Donna
Old 03-01-2003, 08:41 AM   #13  
Learning To Live For Me

Donna,
Take care of yourself, and if at all possible, get some ice for that back. When it comes to back pain, I've deemed myself an expert. Hope you feel better really soon.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #14  

Dear Donna,
Hope today is a better day for you!! I will tell you that like you say at the bottom of your posts, Noone is perfect. So you had a couple bad days, you will get right back on track, I know you will. Please keep coming in rather you are good or not!!! We are all here for you and have walked the road of what we call Shame many a time. Why put so much stress on it? If you stress about it you are lible to say the heck with it and just let it snowball, so take a few deep breaths and say I am starting again today!!!
Love ya babe!!!!

For everyone else: Warning::::there seems to be some weirdo out there by the name of Henryguy something. He seems to be posting some web address on every thread. I have not clicked it and will not, can't be good if he's putting it everywhere!!!

Love and Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-01-2003, 12:07 PM   #15  

Sandy... and everyone else too ....anytime you find someone who appears to be "a bad guy" just go to the bottom right corner of that post where it says "Report this post to 3FC" and report it. I have done that a few times when some sickos came here and made RUDE and CRUDE remarks about fat women.

I also reported someone selling "diet aides/supplements" here too. Selling your products are not allowed.
Closed Thread