South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 04:33 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful and Tranquil Tuesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I woke up extra early this morning and decided to put the coffee on anyway.

I look forward to stopping by every morning and I've missed the ol' routine since life got crazy. I had a hard day yesterday and I'm trying hard to get back into a better routine. My life is far from tranquil but I am thankful I know what I need to do....next step..."just do it".

I am trying for the usual list, walk the dog, swim, ride my bike, make a food plan, pick some tomatoes and whatever else comes in my path. What's happening in your world today? Stop by and say Hi!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sounds like a busy day, Debbie!!!
I'm up early too and slugging back coffee one. Have to go to a 2 hour workshop today on behavior. sigh. I have to drive to another town for it.
Hoping there will be a nice veg market there to look at after the workshop.
I hate the room we are going to be in at the school board office. You can't bring anything to drink in there.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cat! At least the hope of a veggie market sounds fun! lol
Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends I shouldn't be up this early because I won't get home until late, but tell my brain that

Debbie - I love seeing you in the morning. Sorry to hear life is full of challenges right now but so happy you are keeping yourself focused and on track. Your plan for the day sounds lovely. I'm especially fond of the tomato picking What will you do with them?

Cat - hope you find something fun in the workshop neighborhood. Two hours without beverages seems unreasonable. Hope it's a useful workshop and worth it!

I have a visit this morning and then a meeting for the new job tonight, so an 11 hour day if I'm lucky. I'm thinking a walk this morning might be the only way I'll get exercise in today. A midday walk will help my head but not sure if it's going to be unreasonably hot again.

I'm experimenting with chia again for breakfast. Today it's pumpkin pudding. I can't wait to try it

Okay, time for some coffee!
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
.... so happy you are keeping yourself focused and on track. Your plan for the day sounds lovely. I'm especially fond of the tomato picking What will you do with them?
Hi, Cyndi! I'm not focused or on track, but the only way to not turn this into a major weight gain is to keep trying! It's way easier at this point-I know. Kirk is drying tomatoes like crazy...I'm eating them and sharing with friends. Sounds like a long day...good getting your walk in early.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cyndi, let us know how that pudding turns out and give recipe!
I made one the other day from a recipe I found on a raw foods blog. It called for fresh ground almonds. I didn't have any and tried almond butter instead. It was AWFUL...but the dogs thought it was great. (good for their skin anyway!)
I had another idea. I have some chocolate soy milk and some chocolate green powder and might try to make some chocolate chia pudding...but in a small amount in case it's as bad as the the one I made the other night.

I also thought about making (or buying) some SF pudding and adding seeds to it and then let it sit for a while in fridge and see if it stretches the amount, so only 1/2 a serving of pudding can be eaten.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-03-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I slept deeply last night after staying up late, talking to Caite, and now I'm having a heard time waking up. I feel like I could easily sleep another couple of hours.

Debbie, it's so nice to see you here early in the morning again. I'm glad you're getting your life back on track despite the trials you are dealing with right now. Hang in there and I know everything will get back on an even keel with you.

Cat, I hope your workshop today isn't a tedious one and the vegetable market makes it worth the trip. That sounds quite bizarre that you aren't allowed beverages in there.

Cyndi, you and I both have a long day ahead! I hope you have a pleasant walk this morning and your day goes quickly!

I have to wake up Caite and Carley in another hour so we can enjoy a leisurely breakfast before they leave. I don't have to get over to the farm until noon, but will be staying until late this evening since it's polo night. I wonder what I can find to do to keep me busy. Yesterday, I weeded and cleaned out the girls' garden and got the soil ready to plant a fall crop of lettuces and spinach. Maybe I'll go buy some seeds and let Maggie plant them after she gets home from camp this afternoon.

Yawn. More coffee needed.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, I've been stirring some chia seeds into my yogurt, and I really enjoy it that way. I bet they would be good in those pudding cups, too.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Everyone. I hope we all can dabble around in the Sea of Tranquility today. Tomatoes! Yum! I bought a big basket of Ontario field tomatoes yesterday and am debating making salsa or chili sauce.

My day-away with my friends in Ottawa was just great. It's nice to be with friends you've known for fifty or more years and still have lots to talk and laugh about.

Today I'm back to reality with the gym, the bank, a minor shop and pet therapy at the nursing home this afternoon. It's nice to know I have another mini-vacance Thursday and Friday when I train it to Stratford to see Christopher Plummer in The Tempest. The dogs will consider the kennel their permanent residence.

Hmmm - no coffee on the deck today as the dogs just informed me it's raining. Oh well - that means I don't have to water, Bonus!

Hope your Tuesday is tranquil.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cat - the first pudding I made was just almond milk, seeds (3:1 I think), some really good vanilla and sweetener. I used palm sugar with cinnamon. I stirred mine every 5 minute for the first 20 then let it sit until it was as thick as I wanted. I ate it topped with fresh blueberries. I will definitely do that again. This time I'm using homemade pumpkin butter and greek yogurt as the base. I'll let you know if it works but it can't really go too far wrong

Cottage - enjoy your breakfast with Caite. I started the fall planting this weekend. I'm looking forward to another crop of veggies.

Ruth - What a fun week you have planned Could you send a little rain here too? It has been a dry summer though the garden seems to love it.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies. Sounds like a lot of busy days. And lots of veggies I am intrigued with this chia chat and think we need a thread for the uneducated, like me. I am working out with my mom today and then DH and I have eye doctor appointments. Nagging the teen. Life as usual.

Have a great one all!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Good morning! I'm visiting my doctor today. Wish me luck! I get my EKG results today and I'm gonna weigh myself there. I had cereal for breakfast.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #13  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Drs. appointments, meetings, unexpected life challenges--good luck to all of you heading out to your Tuesdays. I wallowed in self-pity much of yesterday but stuck with PH1 and got a good night's sleep. So this morning: coffee (check), positive attitude (check), motivation for the day (it's slowly rolling in . . .)

I too am hoping to clear out my garden and plant for fall this week. I'm only waiting to see if our pestilence moves out first. (Our grasshopper invasion has wreaked havoc on our shrubs and garden.)

Just added chia seeds to my grocery list. I need to go research them; I'm guessing they're to be treated like nuts?

Anyway, have a lovely day all.

~~Sally

Last edited by honeysox; 08-03-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Debbie - good for you for trying to keep on track, soon everything will smooth itself and you will be so glad that you kept on track.

Everyone else have a good on plan day.

Busy getting things ready for our trip. Its crazy I can live with some mess but as soon as we go away I have to leave my house immaculate.
Hot day today but the worse chore is buying new running shoes, I have a very hard feet to fit.
take care
Sophie
Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #15  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies! I slept in again today- I have got to start getting to bed earlier! Not sure exactly whats in store for today but I am thinking of starting to furniture shop Talked to DH and if "whatever you think" counts as ok I am on my way to new livingrom furniture- thinking I may be able to talk him into new flooring upstairs too! Definitely keeping it indoors today- heat index of 105 they just said on the radio. May head to my hometown to visit mom and see if she wants to hit a few furniture stores with me...

Hope you ladies have a fab tuesday!
Closed Thread