Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #1  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Talking CC Labor Day Challenge Part 2

Had to start a part 2 thread because were over 500 post~So please post here from now on...before they close us down on the other thread.~HUGS TO ALL!

To see what this challenge is about If your interested in Joining just click here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...challenge.html
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #2  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Goodnight everyone I will post again ASAP!

Last edited by Lori259; 08-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:22 AM   #3  
certifiable

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/155

Height: 5' 5"

Wel I just finished adding up my calories for the day on Sparkpeople and I didn't do as good today -- 1830 calories -- and tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and I think we are taking her to the Chinese Buffet for lunch. I am going to have to be real careful to not overeat, and to eat as low calorie a breakfast and dinner as possible. In the past when we have gone out to eat at lunch and I eat something fattening, I just skip dinner or eat only salad or something. But I work tomorrow night, and on my break I always eat, to keep my energy up (it's a physically demanding job). I have to figure something I can eat on my break that will give me energy but not have many calories.....
KarenBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

man! I've been sooo busy lately, it's so hard to keep up with everyone! But, I have been reading along...usually first thing in the morning...sounds like everyone is doin really well in this challenge!!! We still have plenty of time, so we're all gonna kick some butt!!

I've been doing the TM every night the last few days...haven't been running, but been doin inclined walks at 3.3-3.6mph...i'm sweatin like a pig when I get done!! but it's nice!! I would love to see a new low on Thursday! I'm having some drinks at a cookout on Thursday night, so I changed my WI day to Thursday...but, honestly, I've been weighing pretty much every day! haha I can't stay off that dang thing! But, I haven't gotten mad at it yet, so I'll keep weighing daily until it starts gettin frustrating again...probably around TOM...haha I've been doin well calorie wise too!! I'm finally back in the groove of things!! THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!

Have a great Tuesday!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

jdon!!!!!!!!! Hey there gorgeous!

I have been logging well, and only missed a day out of the past week and a half. Well - week and two days. Hah. I upped my calories to 1400-1500 because I think the 1200-1300 mark was too low for me. The workouts are still coming along, although I'm not focusing on cardio like I think I should be - it makes me tired, and cranky, and I HATE IT! so I am stilling walking 1-3 times weekly (3 miles in one hour - very moderate) and once in a while I pop in Jillian's 40 minutes of sheer unadulterated ****, but otherwise it's yoga and strength training.

I'm unsure if I'll make my Labor Day goal... and I'm sad. But I'm going to continue on, and perhaps the whoosh fairy will visit after all this "maintaining". I'm stopping at 155 I think... I'm happy enough now, I just want to be less - squishy. I am rocking the 10-12 size range, and hubs is... well he's the same level of smitten he was when I weighed 276lbs and wore an 18-20. Isn't he sweet? But I'm happy and healthy and that's what matters, and I feel like my weight, my lifestyle, my health - they're in a good balance, why mess with that?

I don't have many before pics that show my whole body... wonder why... but I'm gearing up for some afters.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 AM   #6  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Good Morning, all!

Lori, thanks for the new thread! Hope you're doing well this morning.
KarenBee, I wish you much success today. You can doublecheck the calorie counts on those online calculators yourself. Protein has 4 calories per gram. Carbohydrates are also 4 calories per gram. Fats are 9 calories per gram. When animal fats are metabolized, the body uses up half the calories of those fats.
Krista, how nice to have you post. You are such a speedy walker, and up hill. What kind of strength training are you doing besides yoga and climbing those hills? That's a good bit already! How dear to have your DH be utterly smitten. That whoosh fairy will come. :hugs:

Am sending you all a big smile and all best thoughts!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone. Hope everyone does well today. Thought I'd stop by before heading to the gym. well tonight I weigh in at TOPS will see how I did. Going to be another HOT day today in Texas so I hope everyone will stay cool. Will check in tonight chat later. :smile:

carrots for lost Labor Day Challenge

bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 8"

This morning I realized that while the widest part of my waste does not seem to be getting smaller (yet), the muffin top effect is going away in some of my pants.

thundah - After the woosh fairy visits you, can you send her my way? I too have been 'maintaining' and am ready for some downward movement on the scale. I have been hanging out right around 196 for 9 days.
BigMamaTexas - I really like the TOPS program.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #9  
saggzz

S/C/G: 222/205.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Guys! I went to school this morning to set up my classroom as it's almost time for me to go back. I had forgotten how hot my classroom is. But it is one of the hottest days of the year...

After I got home I worked out. I am proud to say I can officially jog for 15 minutes on the treadmill. Ok, it is a slow jog ( 4.2), but none the less I can go for 15 minutes now. Then I finished off by walking for 30 more minutes.

It's my mom and step-dad's birthday today. So, I will take the kids and hubbie there tonight for a swim and to drop off presents. I know my mom will have a birthday cake , but I plan on avoiding it. Let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the day!
saggzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 PM   #10  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone! This will be a quick check in...ive got so much laundry to do and i haven't had lunch yet. I did a full body weight lifting dvd today. Yesterday was a rest day and it was so nice. Just laid around the house, took the kids later in the afternoon to get some school clothes, almost done with that...thank goodness

ok. have a great day and i will bb tomorrow

Last edited by misspriss78; 08-03-2010 at 02:47 PM.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #11  
for my family...

S/C/G: 210/188.2/160

Height: 5'5" age~ 39

Hi everyone Im just checking in!! I have been super busy here lately. i had to get a new battery for my scale yesterday it said I gained 5.6lbs overnight!!! I thought I was going to die!! Then I got to the store...and just bought a newer scale instead with the BMI and water tracker. YEAH so this morning I was back to normal with a .2 loss Im 202.0 today!!!
HEY saggzz I am proud for you on the jogging!!!
Be back later!!!
jensmith72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

silver--I think you meant your comment towards Thundahthighs...atleast the last part...but I'll answer your ?s...lately, i've been doing just inclined walks and my plan for strength training was to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred atleast 3x/week...been slackin this week tho did it 3x last week and then haven't did it again...I completed the entire 30day program in May/June and feel it's more of a strength thing than cardio...

envelope--don't worry...the inches melt away in different areas at different times....my stomach is being extremely stubborn!! haha YAY for the muffin top being gone!!

saggzz--CONGRATS on joggingg 15min!! I completed C25K earlier this year and realized it doesn't matter how fast you're running/jogging, as long as it's faster than a walk! so keep it up!!!!

jensmith--I'm soo scared for the time to come when I need to replace my battery...i've only had the scale since December, but I'm hoping it doesn't jump up like that...i've heard alot of ppl talk about scales doin that after replacing the batteries...but atleast yours was incorrect!! Congrats!! Your gonna be in ONEderland SOON!!! Do you know what type of earrings you're gonna get??? Or do you already have them picked out???

I was lazy again this afternoon before work...didn't do 30DS, but I WILL do another session on the TM tonight!!! (unless we get super busy, carpooling w/DH makes it hard bc I can't stay too long after the end of my shift) But anyways, the scale is still being good...170.8....praying for the 160's again on Thursday!!! Hope everyone had a great day!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Sounds like everyone is totally busy. I keep thinking things will slow down, but not so far. Sounds like everyone is doing good. I'm hanging in there, totally OP, and drinking lots of water. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to read more of this thread and respond a little more. I think this will be the first weekend with nothing going on all summer, but I probably shouldn't say it to lowd.

Wilma

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/264/150

Good evening everyone! Just reporting had a good day today. Did 7 swim laps in the pool at the gym and 1 hr. of water arobics. Calories for the day to 800. And I went to TOPS tonight and I lost a 1 1/2 lbs this past week. Our TOPS club is moving to monday nights now and were going to chg our location also and where were going to meet at they have gym equipment that we can work out on. Will see what happens well I'm off to bed. Have a good night.

carrots for lost by Labor Day Challenge goal is 10lbs
bigmamatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #15  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

My computer died and posting from my ipod isn't ideal. I am doing well. I am almost to my goal of getting into my husbands levis. I can zip and button without laying down. Too tight too wear yet (for my taste) but the goal is in sight!
flower is offline   Reply With Quote