Old 08-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Default Mobile food journal apps

I was searching for Apps for my driod yesterday and found a couple that looked decent and finally went with one called "body stats". It allows me to put in my weight/measurements and has a journal page where I can track my food daily. I'm very active and sometimes don't think about filling out my paper food journal in the morning or evenings. Its inconvienent to care it with me all the time so those are my two options. I like the App I'm using but am curious if anyone else is doing anything like this and what Apps you use.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I use sparkpeople, so I can enter it on the web when I'm at work, or on the go with their app. It isn't so bad after you find the right foods, or manually enter in all the stuff. It is easy to put in a recipe in sparkrecipes and it will calculate the info for you and you can import it into sparkpeople.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #3  
Dave - The Speedo King

I have an iPhone, and I've been using My Net Diary. Its only limitation is that it tells me it's unhealthy to lose more than 2 lbs. per week, so it won't accept the date of my weight loss goal. I think it's pretty funny.

On the geek side, however, it let's me scan barcodes and uses the info to pull nutritional info from a database. Plus most of the IP packets have been loaded into the database, so it's really convenient.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #4  

The geek in my couldn't leave well enough alone. I found an app for Android phones called "calorie counter" which does pretty much everything salesgod says his iPhone app has. I like this one better than the first one I posted and it has a lot of the IP foods already loaded.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I have had an iphone and now have a droidx. Yeah, geek here too. I admit I use sparkpeople because I have a huge history there (starting in 07) and I can export my week to a spreadsheet for a "diary" for my coach and post it in a shared google doc.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

Great call guys thanks. I have everything apple-- iPhone/ iPad I will load those now
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
I found an app for Android phones called "calorie counter" which does pretty much everything salesgod says his iPhone app has. I like this one better than the first one I posted and it has a lot of the IP foods already loaded.
There are two "calorie counter" apps in the Droid Marketplace. Which one did you use??
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
There are two "calorie counter" apps in the Droid Marketplace. Which one did you use??
I have the one from "FatSecret" there is another from "MFP" that I saw but didn't install it. No good reason other than I picked the other one first, tried it, and liked it. Truth be told I'll probably get the other one and compare the two.

Last edited by jlewis88; 08-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #9  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

I have a blackberry and an iPad - any suggestions for good apps for these? Thanks!
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
I have a blackberry and an iPad - any suggestions for good apps for these? Thanks!
After a quick search it looks like the My Net Diary that salesgod uses has a blackberry application and the Calorie counter app that I use from FatSecret has one too.

Perhaps someone with a blackberry will chime in and offer another suggestion.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/181/140

Height: 5' 6"

I have a crackberry and have the sparkpeople app on it. I need to upgrade my memory or something because it is wayyyy slow. I need to get to AT & T asap!
mollyt1169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #12  

I am using Calorie Counter on my Droid. It is a sweet app...too cool that you just use the bar code scanner and the IP foods come up. In May, I went on a trip to San Francisco and forgot my food diary. I scribbled down things and transferred them to my food diary when I came home. This will be a perfect way to keep track when you are on the go or on a trip! jlewis88 Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 08-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #13  
nightcrawler

S/C/G: 227/214/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
I am using Calorie Counter on my Droid. It is a sweet app...too cool that you just use the bar code scanner and the IP foods come up.

me too! i love the calorie counter! it's got an exercise log that i don't quite understand since "resting", which to me is doing nothing, burns a lot of calories..16 hours of resting..so i change the activity to: nothing, duration: 16 hours, calories burned:1..really..then when i really do exercise, i just select what i do, and it just gives all the info..

i use the food diary to plan my meals when eating at home (i stay up past midnight, so it lets me enter info)..i like the fact that this app has a weight tracker, and it shows the number of calories consumed and stats about your meal..don't use the scanner much tho..

gotta love them androids!

Last edited by wikidsnyper; 08-04-2010 at 05:22 PM.
wikidsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:10 PM   #14  

Still love the app....as I find IP products that aren't in there, I am adding them and clicking on the share button. I put in White Choco Cinnamon bar and BBQ Soy Puffs in the last couple of days. Soon, everything should be in there!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #15  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Wikidsniper, I just found the app and resting is basically the number of calories your body normally burns in a day if you lead a sedentary lifestyle. The number they calculate is not necessarily accurate because much depends on how much fat and muscle you have. I read somewhere that for every lb of muscle you burn 40 calories per day and for every lb of fat you burn only 3 calories per day! so you need to leave those numbers in or adjust them. and if you exercise or do heavy work you will burn more calories during that period of time.
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote