Old 07-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Default August Thread

Hi Everyone, I'm getting excited and jumping ahead a day because I'm excited. I'm starting over with MRC tomorrow the 1st. I'm telling you this so I will be accountable. I've gain most of my weight back. Oddly enough, my first go round was last August..lol Let's do awesome and lose a lot of weight in the month of August..
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Yea For August! I was on the program about 2 years ago and did well, but could not afford to keep up with it. So I started again - pretty much on my own. So far so good.
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #3  
One day at a time

ummmmmm as you can see I am having some problems with my pictures
am working on the problem....sorry
Old 07-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #4  
One day at a time

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP it wont let me delete the picture!!!! I can change it, but when I try to delete it it says I cant delete it cause its in use???

Last edited by theycallmemom; 07-31-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #5  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Have you tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmemom View Post
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP it wont let me delete the picture!!!! I can change it, but when I try to delete it it says I cant delete it cause its in use???
Maybe you already tried this, but try clicking on the USER CP link and then click on "Edit Signature". Log into your ticker, select, right click, and copy the code for it (it starts with a bracket and the letters url and it ends with a slash, url, and bracket), and then go back to Edit Signature page. Simply erase everything in the signature box by selecting all that is in it, then right click and paste your Ticker code in. Then click on the "Preview Signature" button to see how it looks. If it looks good, then click on "Save Signature" and you will be done. I'm not sure how you got the picture in there to begin with, only I know it shouldn't be part of the signature because the space allotted for that is so limited. Good luck!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #6  
One day at a time

cant get it to work! I could find a smaller picture, but its still way big! Will keep working on it (or have on of my kids try LOL)!!!! I did it!!!! I didnt think I did!!! WOO HOO

Last edited by theycallmemom; 07-31-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:47 PM   #7  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Yea For August! I was on the program about 2 years ago and did well, but could not afford to keep up with it. So I started again - pretty much on my own. So far so good.

Yeah, I'm doing this myself also. I really feel I don't need the consultants (sometimes I feel I know this diet more than they do).lol
This forum is so great, anytime I have a question, it's answered within 5 minutes of my posting. So with the support of this forum and diet direct, I believe I have it made..

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 08-01-2010 at 02:53 PM.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Height: 5'2"

Good Luck, everyone! Doing this on my own also, have lost 35 lbs, in seven weeks, stayed OP, until Friday, when I decided that Subway tasted good, roast beef with no cheese and veggies, vingar and oil, for supper, then the next 6 inches for breakfast the next day! Results.................2lb gain.......UGH!!!! So back to the grindstone, drinking lots of water! My other slip up is that I've been adding Diet Dr. Pepper, haven't had that in quite a while but just been craving it. Anyone know the concept of not having diet pop on this diet? It is so hot here!! I'm also craving ice cream, I would give anything for a good, diet slushy!!!! Taking one day at a time, with one size at a time! Hopefully have a better week next week!
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Good to see you Learning2behealthy.... This forum is great for help. Sorry about the gain. I'm sure you can get back to where you were quickly....

July was pretty much a waste for me. I did loose 6lbs, so I have that. I know it could have been twice that.. I have been holding myself back. I keep snacking. I'm so great during the day, then tend to want to snack at night. I need to come up with something to do instead of watching TV and snacking.. Or at least come up with better snacks.

I've spent the $$ so I need to do it. Thanks to Daisy for posting the Aug Goals. I can't believe it's August already. I've been struggling since we got back from Vacation in June. I'm tired of it.

Here's to a GREAT Month for all of us!!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall View Post
I've been adding Diet Dr. Pepper, haven't had that in quite a while but just been craving it. Anyone know the concept of not having diet pop on this diet?
I don't really know the concept. There are several theories ... one is that the sweetness in diet sodas creates cravings for more sweet. There is caffeine in some of the supplements (ADWL), so maybe worried about too much. Also it's mentioned that caffeine, being a stimulant, stimulates appetite. Now, having said all of that, I, personally never stopped drinking diet soda (diet Dew and diet Pepsi) my first time around (I was very successful and it never impeded my weight loss). I'm not recommending it -- we're all adults and make choices, and that was a choice I made.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Going to "weigh in" (Im doing this with a friend who is going to the center) Gonna weigh in at her house after she officially weighs in at her center.

I have been weighing myself at home, but will use the numbers off her scale as my official weigh in. I really like my morning weight though!!! Its like 2 pounds lighter then my late afternoon weight.

Well have a wonderfully OP day today. Off to work (where I cook!!! ahhhhhhhhh)
Old 08-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall View Post
Anyone know the concept of not having diet pop on this diet? It is so hot here!! I'm also craving ice cream, I would give anything for a good, diet slushy!!!! Taking one day at a time, with one size at a time! Hopefully have a better week next week!
Some diet sodas have a lot of sodium in them, so check the content. I drink an occasional diet dew, but now that I don't have much sugar in my diet, they taste almost too sweet. Amazing how our tastebuds change! Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #13  

Quote:
Going to "weigh in" (Im doing this with a friend who is going to the center) Gonna weigh in at her house after she officially weighs in at her center.

I have been weighing myself at home, but will use the numbers off her scale as my official weigh in. I really like my morning weight though!!! Its like 2 pounds lighter then my late afternoon weight.

Well have a wonderfully OP day today. Off to work (where I cook!!! ahhhhhhhhh)

You're very often heavier later in the day because you're more fully hydrated. I would encourage you to weigh no more than once a day, at the same exact time and conditions. It's too easy to get into the "Oh, I've lost 2 lbs since last night...maybe I'll have a little extra for breakfast" habit. Those daily fluctuations aren't anything but water fluctuations and not a true view of what we weigh. I weigh each morning, but don't worry about an exact number. I just want to see a general downward movement over the course of the week. Good luck!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm getting excited and jumping ahead a day because I'm excited. I'm starting over with MRC tomorrow the 1st. I'm telling you this so I will be accountable. I've gain most of my weight back. Oddly enough, my first go round was last August..lol Let's do awesome and lose a lot of weight in the month of August..
The journey of a lifetime begins with a single step. Good for you for making the decision to begin again! Make yourself proud!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #15  

Height: 5'6''

Debi has it right...if I had to guess, it would be the sodium in the diet sodas that make them a no-no. Thats why the diet rite drinks are ok. I keep some of these around for when I really want a soda. You could have a slushie if you want one...get some sugar free kool-aid or crystal lights, or use your HNS if you want...blend some ice down and pour the drink over. Thats more of a snow cone than a slushie, but it's better than nothing.

I'd say the main reason they don't advocate us drinking soda or even crystal light is because of the ammount of water we are supposed to get in. If we're drinking other things its harder to get the water in. When I plan to drink something other than water, I set a goal for myself...like I'm gonna drink 40oz of water today before I ahve a cup of coffee (decaf, sugar-free creamer).
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote