Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

Default anyone use any tech-y gadgets?

Hi everyone,

I just got the pink book, and I am on Day 2 (I decided not to wait two weeks, since I have been dieting for a little bit already, I sort of delved right in... we'll see how it goes ).

I use my iPhone a lot, and I was wondering if anyone uses their phone or computer to help them stay on track with the BDS?

For now, I scheduled reminders in my calendar to help me with reading my response cards.

Do you use any other electronic "helpers" ?

Thanks for any suggestions!
~Lina
loveAcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I'm not doing BDS, but I use apps on my itouch like calorie counters, restaurant nutritional guides, and a WW points calculator. I also download healthy cookbooks onto it using my kindle app.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/210/180

Height: 5'8"

I use an ap on my itouch called Lose It. Has lots of calorie/nutritional info on it's database, plus a good exercise log.

ponee
ponee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

I use Iconic Notes ap for iPhone to create different notes for Advantages, Response cards, Checklist; and neat ideas from other people. Can also set alarmsto read them in the clock function. Any notes program would do this and probably the straight notes program that comes with the phone is good because it synchronises with Outlook

have fun
Cheryl
GosfordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

I use Lose It! and Weight Watchers online with my iPhone. I've also put some of my response cards and advantages cards in notes.
new2me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

thanks for all the suggestions! I think I'll take a closer look at Lose It! and Iconic Notes!
loveAcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

LoveACat, Lose It! is still free I think, so you won't lose much if you don't like it. It tracks weight and calories and gives you a caloric range based on info you add.

I just downloaded iFitness last night. It's not free and I haven't really used it yet, but it has all kinds of exercises. What I really like so far is that it has a Travel section which lists some workouts you can do while traveling, and it has things that you might have while traveling...body weight exercises, soup cans, etc.
new2me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

WW etools, WW points calculator, online measurement conversion tools, and a digital food scale that I can't live without. I swear by that thing.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default iFitness

Donna's post reminded me - I forgot to add iFitness to my list - I use it at home and at the gym. I hate carrying a bit of paper and pen and now I just carry my phone. You can create work-outs and put in the number of sets and number of repetitions plus the weight. I can never remember which machines I am using or the weight so this helps me. I have also created a home workout and the weights etc to use. It will graph you progress over time etc. A great little ap

Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 08-02-2010 at 06:12 PM.
GosfordGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/163/135

Height: 5'3"

I use "Nutrition Menu". It was a couple of bucks. It lets me add the custom foods I like, and is easy to navigate. Mostly I use a spreadsheet at home, but when I'm traveling this does it for me on my iPhone.

Woodland
Woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #11  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I love my bodymedia fit. It's like a bodybugg that they use on the Biggest Loser. It has an online website that you upload the data into. Tells you how many calories you've burnt in a day, how long you've slept, how many steps you've taken etc... IT IS AWESOME!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote