Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/234.4/150

Height: 5'3"

Smile Craving Pizza

I have been craving pizza for days. I had been looking over some lowfat/calorie recipes online. Today, I made a pizza pocket - pita, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, sauce, low fat cheese....SO good! It was a good, less than 300 calorie lunch. I think I'll have another for supper

Is there anything that you crave? Have you found a healthier recipe for it?
SunshineTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #2  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Lately I have been craving ice cream! I finally broke down last week and had a one-scoop cone from Dairy Queen, BUT I was careful to count it into my daily calorie count and then walk an extra mile on the treadmill!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm a HUGE Ice Creamaholic. I found that eating Lite Cool Whip with Hershey's syrup was a nice substitute and it tastes great! What I would do is thaw the Cool Whip and then when I knew I'd be wanting some later, scoop a bit into a dish and refreeze it. A couple hours later, I'd take it out, add a wee bit of Heshey's Syrup and ENJOY! The texture is so much better when you thaw it first and then stir and refreeze when you want to eat it.

BUT, Cool Whip does contain high-fructose corn syrup which is why I stopped eating it. But if that doesn't bother you then I say give it a shot!
Jenteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I make those lite pizzas too -- using either pita pockets or whole wheat tortilla wraps (but pitas are my favorite). I make mine with tomato paste, skim-milk cheese, turkey pepperoni, and green olives (sometimes mushrooms too). I season mine with a bit of minced onion, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.

We treat ourselves to Chocolate Yogurt Ice Cream; Chapman's is only 90 calories for 1/2 cup. In a cone, is only 100 calories. Other flavors are a bit more (about 100-120 calories); and don't forget a nice, creamy fudgicle is only 100 calories or less.

EGG MUFFINWICH: 1 slice lean ham (<25) or smoked chicken (25) + one egg (80) + .5 slice no-fat cheese (15) on a WW, ww sandwich thin (110) with ketchup (20) = only 250 or < calories. With some fruit, makes a nice, lite breakfast or lunch.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-01-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #5  

Pizza bagels (assembled by me... not the frozen kind) offer me a relief from the cravings of pizza.

As long as the bagel is on the small side, it's a quick 300 calorie fix and you can add whatever toppings you like. Cooks up in less than 10 minutes. Mmmmm.
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #6  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Jenteal and Justwant2Bhealthy,

Thanks for the ice cream ideas! Will have to try them. I just have to be super careful to not keep too much of it around. I can do pretty well if I only indulge as a treat, say like once every 3 or 4 months. Otherwise, I'm in big trouble!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #7  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

Hey Starchild, I've had a couple of Skinny Cow cups--they come in single servings, so if I have one every other day or so and count it into my calorie total, it works perfectly. No open carton of ice cream "calling," and variety of flavors available.
LiliK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #8  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi LiliK: I'm with you - I have Skinny Cow and WW ice cream bars because they are all measured and fit well into my WW plan. I can't have an open carton of ice cream around my house any more - it's way too dangerous. I also have to stay out of the frozen yogurt shops where you serve yourself. I am too addicted to the stuff. Ice cream is my biggest problem, but with the ice cream bars, I can control it and still enjoy it.

I would love to find a really good substitute for potato chips. The problem is that once I get started on something like that, I don't stop - so I tend to stay away completely.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #9  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

One of my favorite treats is McDonald's Ice Cream Cones - they are only 150 calories.

I was craving pizza a few weeks ago ~ I used a sandwich thin bun with a little pizza sauce, some crumbled leftover southwest jalapeno burger, onion, fresh mushrooms and italian cheese. Then I baked it in the oven until the cheese melted and they were a little crispy. Very good and only about 300 calories for the two pieces.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #10  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hungrygirl has a lot of recipes for the foods we love. She makes them healthier and yummy
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote