Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Tough week!

Okay so I had been doing EXTREMELY well... lost over 30 pounds in a little over 2 months. I had been exercising about 5 times a week.

This past week everything went to !@#$. I was stressed out over a few things (my poor dog has pneumonia and she was on oxygen for a few days). I have ended up binge eating for 2 days. I was better yesteday, and then ate about 30 chips late at night!!

How do I jump start my body again!? (I calorie count) Now I feel hungry all the time. I was never hungry before. I let myself eat chocolate on Thursday.... so guess what, I wanted chocolate yesterday (and now today!) lol

I hope I haven't ruined this!

(PS -gained 3 pounds in doing so! I WAS 164... now I'm 167.)

Last edited by thepapillon; 07-31-2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: adding content
thepapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You haven't ruined it! Just a minor curve in the road. But... it may take a few days for the cravings to subside - but they will, they will.

The only way to get there again is to just suck it up and get past it. Don't give into those cravings, you just delay getting to the craving free & easier days. Remember, you don't have to have something just because you want it. It's okay to tell yourself no.

To make it easier, I'd map out my food schedule in advance. Know where every meal and snack is coming from and stick to that plan like glue. Like glue. Don't make it an option to veer from it. Make sure you've got lots of yummy, healthy, lower calorie foods on that menu.

Take it one day at a time and I'm sure in a matter of a few days you'll be firmly back in the groove again and feeling all delightful.

I hope your dog is doing better and great going on your weigh loss thus far. I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #3  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I found The End of Overeating by David Kessler helpful in that situation. I got it from the library and it really helped me understand how food is marketed and engineered to be darn near irresistible to those of us who are susceptible. It gave me some righteous anger that made me decide that I am going to be the one in charge of what goes in my mouth, not some corporation that couldn't care less what I weigh or if I'm healthy.

And, then, yeah, what rockinrobin said is what I did to get back on track.

Good for you for catching it in a few days and three pounds. It took me a year and 40 pounds before I realized what I was doing to myself.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:16 PM   #4  

thepapillon...30 lbs in 2 months is GREAT! wow! despite your setback (and we AAAALL have them), you are doing fabulous and you should be REALLY proud of yourself. Do you mind if i ask what you regimine (i don't know if i spelled that right doh!) is? what type of diet (if any) and what sort of exercises you're doing? what an inspiration you are!! you give me hope of not being AS embarrassed in a bathing suit when i go on vacation at the end of Sept.!!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
You haven't ruined it! Just a minor curve in the road. But... it may take a few days for the cravings to subside - but they will, they will.

The only way to get there again is to just suck it up and get past it. Don't give into those cravings, you just delay getting to the craving free & easier days. Remember, you don't have to have something just because you want it. It's okay to tell yourself no.

To make it easier, I'd map out my food schedule in advance. Know where every meal and snack is coming from and stick to that plan like glue. Like glue. Don't make it an option to veer from it. Make sure you've got lots of yummy, healthy, lower calorie foods on that menu.

Take it one day at a time and I'm sure in a matter of a few days you'll be firmly back in the groove again and feeling all delightful.

I hope your dog is doing better and great going on your weigh loss thus far. I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
This.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeluver67 View Post
thepapillon...30 lbs in 2 months is GREAT! wow! despite your setback (and we AAAALL have them), you are doing fabulous and you should be REALLY proud of yourself. Do you mind if i ask what you regimine (i don't know if i spelled that right doh!) is? what type of diet (if any) and what sort of exercises you're doing? what an inspiration you are!! you give me hope of not being AS embarrassed in a bathing suit when i go on vacation at the end of Sept.!!
I started out about the same weight as you. Honestly, I just started counting calories. In the beginning I allowed myself 1400 calories. I'm now down to 1000-1100 calories a day. (I know, some people think it's unhealthy) But until my slip up, I was never hungry, very healthy and active and HAPPY.

As for exercise... I usually walk 2-4 miles at a brisk pace and/or bike several miles. I do this at least 5 times a week.

I've been such a slug this week. I will definitely start back up seriously on Monday. No more binge eating!
thepapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepapillon View Post

I've been such a slug this week. I will definitely start back up seriously on Monday. No more binge eating!
Monday? Monday? You're sure you don't want to rethink that???? Just think how much more damage you could do till then and in addition, it'll just be delaying you getting back in the groove. Monday, hmmm, ooh, I don't know about that one, at least for me, I've got such memories of *starting my "diet" on Monday...

And you might want to consider bumping your calories up by a hundred or two. A larger portion of protein, a couple of healthy snacks - might stave off the binges...
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #8  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Again, seconding what rockinrobin says. I've never lost as quickly as you, but I also haven't had a binge since I started, nearly a year now. Part of the reason is that I eat enough of the right sort of calories to keep my body satisfied most of the time.

And, recommending another book (can you tell that I'm a librarian?). The books by Judith Beck are really helpful for catching slips quickly, often before they start, and getting right back on track -- none of this waiting until Monday stuff. The Beck Diet Solution works with any healthy diet. The Complete Beck Diet for Life has a healthy diet in the book. If you read, and like, one of the Beck books, we have an active support thread on 3FC. Join us!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 08-01-2010 at 09:43 AM.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Even though you say that you're not hungry on such low calories, your binging could be evidence that indeed your body IS missing something nutrition wise. I agree with robin on upping your calories just by a couple hundred. Add in an extra snack or something.

Good luck! You've done such a good job so far. You can do this!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote