General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Question tomatoes everywhere-freezer tomato recipe request please

Help me! I need some freezer tomato recipes. My mother got carried away in the spring and planted way too many tomato plants and horrors-wants to give me-not a handful, or a sack full no....she wants to give me 4 gallons worth of cherry, beef steak and roma. I'm not really a tomato person so I want her to use her tomatoes, she doesn't can but does freeze a lot of things.

What are your favorite tomato freezer recipes? Doesn't have to be low fat or 'diet'. I just want to give her options so she won't be giving them all to me.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #2  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

We don't like whole tomatoes much either, so I pulverize my tomatoes in a blender, then cook them down with onions, celery, and about a teaspoon of lemon juice per quart. After the 'juice' is down to about 2/3rds of what I started with, I just freeze it in quart containers to use for chili, soups, and casseroles all winter. It's really good! Use as much onion and celery as you like-we like a lot of onion Enjoy!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #3  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Roast, puree and freeze.
Boil, reduce and freeze.

Then, they can be used to make gazpacho, spaghetti sauce, tomato soup and so on.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote