Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Default Bistro Buddies?

Any Bistro Meal buddies out there? I just want to share my good news--my meals arrive today and I'm so excited!

Old 08-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #2  

Default Bistro...bistro...bistro

Hi there,

Just curious how your experience has been so far? Are you still with Bistro and lost any weight? I just started this week and would appreciate any advice you may have .

Thanks,

Tierra
Old 08-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #3  

I have lost a total of 17 pounds, 11 pounds of it while on Bistro MD. Some weeks I've lost as much as 4#, some weeks I've lost as little as 1#. I'm pretty sure that has more to do with me than the plan. Some weeks I do better than others... I think I've been on the plan for about a month, so I'm pretty happy with the results.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #4  

sounds great.
Congras to you
Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewCreation View Post
I have lost a total of 17 pounds, 11 pounds of it while on Bistro MD. Some weeks I've lost as much as 4#, some weeks I've lost as little as 1#. I'm pretty sure that has more to do with me than the plan. Some weeks I do better than others... I think I've been on the plan for about a month, so I'm pretty happy with the results.
How far into the diet delivery system are you to have lost 11 pounds? Just wondering for reference purposes.

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #6  

I started Bistro MD in July and as of last week I have lost a total of 30#'s. I simply can't remember how far into the plan I was when I had lost the 11#. But I will take a guess......

Since starting Bistro MD I have lost an average of 2.something #s per week. So I would guess that I'd probably been on the plan for about 4-5 weeks to get a 11# loss.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #7  

Height: 5'11"

I think you'll like it, Mexia. I've been on it a month or so now and I really enjoy most of the meals. I did drop the breakfasts, though. I really didn't like the egg dishes. But lunches and dinners have been good. My favorites so far are the chicken cordon bleu and pork tenderloin with apples.

Please let us know what you think. Reviews in this forum helped me select the best meal delivery plan for me. Your review would be very helpful to others.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #8  

Good Morning Bistro Buddies! Anyone interested in starting a regular thread ?

It's a chilly morning (for Louisiana, anyway). Gearing up to watch the LSU Auburn game tomorrow and, of course, looking forward to watching the New Orleans Saints play on Sunday.

Buddies, what are your week-end plans?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 5'8"

I just finished week 3 of Bistro MD and have lost 15 lbs. I should point out that I'm recovering from foot/ankle surgery so I'm not able to excercise (at least not very much!) as I'm non-weightbearing.
I find this plan reallllly easy to follow and a majority of the food very good. I don't eat beef very often, so I had that removed from my foods for the future. I had a steak that first week that had the oddest texture ever, even though the flavor was good. The protein drinks for snack aren't for me either, at least the fruity flavored one. They remind me of chewable vitamins! Another food that I didn't like at all was the broccoli quiche/frittata thing for breakfast. I love broccoli and have been fine with the rest of the egg stuff (best if you take a bite of egg with the sausage or use a little bit of salsa) but that broccoli one was not for me. I've also requested less of the soy snack items and they've been great about substituting the snacks I request. I felt like I was being super picky, but they have had no problem accomodating me and have been beyond pleasant to deal with. If you find something you don't like, speak up!! We're paying good money for this food and we should want to eat it. We would never go grocery shopping and buy things we know we don't like, so why here? Bistro MD seems to totally support this.
I am doing the 5 days plus snacks Monday through Friday and then just trying to be as good as possible, but not beating myself up on the weekends. This is really working well! I wish you all the best of luck and hope we all progress together in reaching our goals. -Amy
Old 10-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #10  

Have done Jenny, Pure Foods Fresh Start and Diet To Go Low Carb, and Bistro is BY FAR the best. Not even close. Have had to tweak a few preferences (I hate BBQ snacks and never like reheated fish, unfortunately), but I'm now on week four and still can't get over the food.

Have lost almost 20 lbs, the last 7 or so on Bistro. And I never feel deprived whatsoever. Sticking with this one!
Old 10-30-2009, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Just started today

Hello everyone, i'd like to join you. My name is Amy, I just started BMD today. I have used two other meal delivery programs. Healthy Chef creations, which is amazing BUT super expensive, and fresh foods, which was pretty good.
I like the price of BMD much better.
I have about 30 pounds to lose.
I am a bit concerned with the artificial ingredients in this food. I eat a pretty clean diet, just too much!
Look forward to getting to know you all.
Amy
Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #12  

Hi Amy, Welcome. I looked at Healthy Chef Creations too. It looked a little too "gourmet" for me, and it was a bit pricey. Please let us know how Bistro, MD compares. I've been on it for 5 - 6 weeks now (lost count) and I am starting to crave hearty soups, chili, and stews. Guess it's just that time of year.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 AM   #13  

Which artificial ingredients are you referring to, Hisbeloved? I know there are some sugar subs, etc., in the snacks. But the meals seem pretty real. What am I missing?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #14  

Plan to stick with Bistro MD for a while because it works. I'm losing 2 pounds a week. Sometimes I substitute Amy's organics (usually chili or an indian dish) for lunch. I had opted out of fish on the Bistro menu but added it back last week. It was pretty good and gave more variety to the week's meals.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/183/140

Height: 5'7"

Default BistroMD

Hi,
I just joined BistroMD yesterday. Your posts encouraged me. I've done a lot of googling - and just discovered how many other diet delivery services are out there! I hope I can stick with this...I can't eat another Lean Cuisine - and I've tried Jenny Craig, too. I'll let you know when the food arrives and what I think. I appreciate your e-mails - they do encourage me!
Closed Thread