Old 07-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default diy cooking

A while back, there was a company that made frozen cheesecakes that were made with splenda, they were great, and came in a variety of flavours. Can't get them anymore, so today I made my own, from the Suzanne SUmmers dessert cookbook.
Also made ice cream. I can get no-sugar-added ice products, but they are also low fat, or made with sugar alcohols etc. not high quality ingredients.
Made a fabulous "potato" salad, with cauliflower, even hubby was fooled.
that was from the atkins email list.
Also a red cabbage slaw.
I would happily buy these things, but in Ontario, too hard to come by.
Right now I am on holiday, so have time to make my own stuff, but when I am juggling work and everything else, this is a big commitment.
But with good recipes, maybe it will all be good enough that I can convince my family to go with it.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #2  

I'd love the recipe for the potato salad made with cauliflower. Could you post it if you get time?
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #3  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

What's the name of the company who made the cheesecakes? I want to TRACK THEM DOWN! Thanks a bunch!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241/194/160

I work long shifts, 12 hours, and manage to make most of my own meals. I make sure my fridge is stocked with lots of Atkins friendly veggies, cheese, cooked chicken ... stuff that I can wrap in a lettuce leaf or toss some dressing into. I do depend on the deli-roasted chickens and ... I know this is controversial, deli meats like ham. I also always have eggs in the fridge. Between all that I can make something quick or take some time and make a nicer meal.

My go-to sweet is a lower carb yogurt or berries. So far haven't missed the cakes and cookies etc.
Shells is offline   Reply With Quote