Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Default WLS Chat 2-25 and 2-26

Since there are so few of us, thought I would do our daily chat for a couple of days instead of one.

Luna.......I'm thinking about you and John. Looking forward to hearing he is on the other side.

Went out today to take my walk and turned right around and came back into the house. It was chilly outside. Had to go to the old stand by, the exercise bike.

Today is my Mom's birthday. Tried to call her, but she and Dad are gone.

I'll check in later.

Debbie
Old 02-25-2003, 03:45 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Debkay!!! Happy Birthday to your Mom....I hope your Dad took her out somewhere nice!

The boys are watching a bit of afterschool tv before they buckle down to do their homework.

Went and got a manicure and pedicure today....that was fun! Is there a rule against wearing nail polish....even clear, when you are having surgery?

Ordered shamrock cookies at the bakery for the big kid's fund raiser tomorrow and NO I did not get a brownie!!!!

I am still feeling yucky...my hearing is no better and the side of my head feels funky....and to think I am still pre op!!!!! (sorry....must be the lack of oxygen to my head!)

Has anyone heard from Amy? csbutton? She should be back from getting her fill

have a good one!
peach
Old 02-25-2003, 05:44 PM   #3  

hey everyone. my day was uneventful but i figured i would say hello. i am still going to hunt down the insurance lady at my doctor's office. she is an evil evil woman!!

hope everyone is well.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:58 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning!

peachie, I hope you feel better soon.......this has gone on long enough. It's like winter, it's just dragging on.

Jiff and any other semi-long term post-ops, have you noticed a change in the texture of your hair? Mine could be unique because of all the trauma my body went through, but my hair has always been as straight as a board. In order to get it to perm, the hairdresser must do heroic things Well now, I have the best little curls all around my neck area.

Hazel, where are you???

My plans are rather boring for the day. I have a 40% off coupon to Michael's, I may go in search of a new cross stitch kit.

Have a good Wednesday.
Debbie
Old 02-26-2003, 07:22 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Old 02-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

Default a thousand apologies

for not being around. yesterday at work was too busy, and then i fell asleep before posting.. in fact, before going swimming!!!!

I asked for - and received - my before pics taken the week before the surgery a year ago. the graphics dept at work is making a jpeg, so at some point i'll be able to post them. and then i'll find a fairly recent pic for comparison...

and i had an appt with the trainer [all 80 pounds of her!!!]. She's wonderfully supportive and very helpful.. and she said something very surprising: I'M STRONG!!! i had no idea!!! apparently doing 30 pound machiine biceps curls is a bigger deal than i thought!!

so, the consensus seems to be that i'm not losing weight because i'm building muscle, and the fat is melting off and it'll be awhile before i drop actual pounds. everyone is ok with that. well, everyone except ME!!!! I WANT THESE LAST POUNDS TO GO AWAY!!!!!!

well.... that's it for me!!!! hope ya'll are doing well.. and taking it easy PRAZN!!!!!! and HAZEL!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:10 PM   #7  

Do we chat on the chat room or in this message area?
Old 02-27-2003, 11:27 AM   #8  
- 50 lbs!!! 3/17/03

Hey gang - I'm not even sure what day it is today! :O) I've been in and out of the hospital so many times I'm still a bit confused ---- BUT for the first time since my surgery I SLEPT THE ENTIRE NIGHT - last night! It was wonderful - nobody came in to check my BP, or add IV antibiotics, or worse POTASSIUM in my IV (never ever ever again! It was a most painful experience).

My potassium is very low so I am trying to keep it up by concentrating on that also. This is tough - getting in all that I need to - because 1) I never feel hungry and 2) it takes a long time to get stuff down. I know, ugh, hello! Wasn't that the whole point? Ok, OK, I'll stop!

Tomorrow will be three whole weeks post op. I am finally in the feeling better stage. Although sometimes I get a bit tired and the wound care is stinkin' awful. There is still one sore spot around the wound that is red and swollen - but I will learn to deal with it. Small price to pay - for a new me.

Well - better go check on the kiddo' Nick Jr is almost over!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #9  

I'm back!

John did great! He had no problem with the surgery, his blood sugar did go up after so they gave him a shot.

Tonight he actualy got to eat, sf jello, chicken broth and apple juice. It took him 2 hours just for the jello and broth.

He can come home tomorrow! Thanks for thinking about us!
Old 02-27-2003, 08:50 PM   #10  

aw, Luna, that is so good that John did so well!!!! Thanks for checking in because we have been thinking of you two.

Justprazn, glad that you are feeling better and had an all night sleep!!!

jburess, I don't go to chat, I never seem to have the time. Maybe some of the other gals do though!

hey to Jiff and Debkay!!! (who did I miss?) OH! HEY TO RUTH!!!

I went to the doc yesterday for my sinus infection....still can barely hear out of my one ear. I had an 8:45 appointment and did not get in to see him until 10pm....my bedtime. Anyway, when he first walked in he wanted to talk about wls and how great it will be for me....and I agree but at the time I just wanted to yell, "hey doc, can you fix me so that I can feel well enough to do some of the stuff I have to do before I see the surgeon on 3/12????" So, another round of meds for me. I think I feel a bit better today and that my hearing was a bit better through out the day, but I can't hear my kids yapping now....not all together a bad thing, I guess!

Is this dull?

I ran some errands with mom today...bought a cheep cut of meat to make a stew for dinner, cause I wanted to save my money to buy a new book!!!! (don't tell the family, ok?!!!). Then I laid down until it was time to get the kidlets.

well, that is my excitement for today. Hope you all are well!!!

hugs and all that good stuff!
peach
peach
Closed Thread