General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/258/180

Height: 5'7"

Angry Mean people suck :(

Grrrr...I took my kids to Mcdonalds for lunch yesterday, which I do on Payday only, so I can make it special for them. I was in the drive thru, waiting, when some lady with an SUV moves ahead of me in the 2nd lane from behind me, after we had been waiting longer. I rolled down my window, and gave her a "look", and said loudly to my husband (driver), I hate when people cut. She proceeds to get out of her SUV, her mother in the car with her, and gets in my face and calls me a "fat slut", in front of my 3 kids in the back and her own mother. I roll up my window, get out of the car, while she is still calling me names (she was well in her 50's), as she is walking back to her car, and tell her how rude she is, and wish she wouldnt say things like that in front of my kids. I didn't know what to do. I thought getting made fun of for your weight ended like in middle school. Some people are so mean! My husband, of course is too shy to tell this lady to shut up, and I was almost in tears. Some nice lady did pull up next to me as we were leaving and told me how she thought it was amazing I didn't hit that lady, considering how rude she was being. She made me feel a little better, but now I'm in a funk, and feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat. It's not like fat people don't already know they are fat. I mean, really, did she think I just woke up and was like, Oh my gosh, how did that happen? Grrr..the nerve of some people.
Btw, the McD's was for the kids only. I went home and had a Grilled chicken sandwich, with lettuce, tomato on a whole wheat bun
Gsxr1000gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #2  

"Fat slut"? SERIOUSLY? I guess someone didn't leave high school...

And congrats on not eating the Mcdonalds! If I was near a trigger food, I would have binged on it. Props to you!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow . . . that woman has some serious issues. You do not deserve to be treated that way. That incident was about her - not you.

Here is what I would like to do to people like her -
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsxr1000gal View Post
Some nice lady did pull up next to me as we were leaving and told me how she thought it was amazing I didn't hit that lady, considering how rude she was being. She made me feel a little better, but now I'm in a funk, and feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat.
The nice lady only made you feel "a little better," but this one freaky, crazy woman is making you "feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat."?

Why are you giving more power to the crazy lady than the nice one? Why are you giving either of them power over your emotions. Why aren't you in charge?

It is true that some people WILL always hate you for "being too fat," even if you become underweight - someone will think you're still too fat and hate you for it. Not only that, even if you gain 50 lbs, there are also going to be people who hate you for no other reason than "being too thin." No matter what you do, someone will still hate you for some reason or another.

Some people hate women. Some people hate men. Some people hate people of a particular ethnic group (or anyone not of their ethinicity). Some people hate fat people. Some people hate thin people. Some people hate anyone fatter than they are, or thinner than they are, or taller, or shorter, or blonder or younger, or older.... Some people hate EVERYBODY.

There's no way to escape somebody's hatred. It's not your responsibility to be liked by everyone. It's not in your power, either.

Some people are so angry and miserable they try to spread their misery to as many people as they can - don't allow them to pull you into their cesspool. It's beneath you, you're better than that.

Last edited by kaplods; 07-29-2010 at 08:02 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #5  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Jokes on her old butt! Shes just mad cause you can do something about your weight && theres not dang thing she can. do about her age! Look at it that way.
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

Good lord, how pathetic to be the kind of person that does and says those kind of things. Every once in awhile i try to focus on that if someone says something just beyond the pale, and at times it can take some of the sting away, but not all of it. Sorry you had that experience, but again major props to you for continuing to eat something healthy for dinner-thats awesome!
cataclysmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/258/180

Height: 5'7"

Thanks you so much for listening to me vent
I was more mad at myself when I got home because I was giving her too much of my time. I have children and family that are so much more important to me, and I should be spending it on them. I have a personality that feels like I need everyone to like me, and I really need to work on realizing that I'm the only one that truly has the power over me.
Gsxr1000gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #8  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

People can be soooooo catty sometimes. Ignore them. They aren't worth your time.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/162/154

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
The nice lady only made you feel "a little better," but this one freaky, crazy woman is making you "feel like people will always hate me for no other reason than just being too fat."?

Some people are so angry and miserable they try to spread their misery to as many people as they can - don't allow them to pull you into their cesspool. It's beneath you, you're better than that.
So true everything you say, thanks for your wise words
Siki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

Really thats so immature. You are not a fat slut you are a beautiful woman and don't let anybody every tear yourself esteem down like that.
SheGos91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

In all honesty it probably had nothing to do with your weight (hear me out) so much as just being as insulting as she could be. It seems to hit hard with just about any one if you say something mean about their weight, at any weight. I am pretty impressed you were as calm with her as you were! I respect people like that.

Last edited by bunnythesAINT; 07-29-2010 at 11:16 PM.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #12  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Also, she may be mentally unstable. I was once insulted by a man and then I realized he was sick. That woman saying something to you like that....she is saying it to all of us chicks here....so just know that we are all in this together and that we are all sending positive thoughts your way!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #13  

Height: 5'6

omg i am SO sorry you had to go through that people are disrespectful because it makes themselves feel better. messed up, i know. PLEASE don't dwell on that b**** and dont listen to her! that's so terrible.
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:35 AM   #14  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

I am sorry this happened to you and this woman obvously has some issues going on in her own life and chose you as her punching bag. People will reach for an achilles heal when attacking another person, if it wasn't your weight than it would have been your make-up, or your husband, your kids or even the car you drive. I am glad you did not hit her and I also glad you stood up for yourself
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #15  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I went to dunkin donuts one day... pulled into the parking lot. I saw guy #1 get in his car while guy #2 pulled into the parking lot. Guy #1 gets in his car, starts sipping his coffee, etc. Clearly not in a hurry. So guy #2 starts beeping and swearing at guy #1 to get out of the space so he could have it... I mean #2 was a real A-hole. I felt really bad for guy #1. I mean... he had every right to be in that space and take his time getting ready to leave. And I would like to mention - there were other parking spots.

The point of my story is... that there are a lot of A-holes out there. Chaulk it up to a good story to tell people. "Can you believe what this A-hole at McD's did?"

I am sure we all have stories of A-holes. For me too, it is hard not to feel bad when someone seemingly attacks you personally... but the thing is - she can't attack you personally b/c she doesn't know you. Does she know your sexula history? No. They how can she judge if you are a slut or not? Fat? You've lost 40 lbs! That is a huge accomplishment. So... she can't judge you on that, either.

From the words of a song I heard... "The biggest b!tch is karma, let her do her job."
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote