Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/166.6/132

Height: 5'5"

Default 189.2 but feeling fatter than ever

This morning I reached 189.2, a total of 70.8 pounds lost so far, but I feel/look fatter than I did at 200! What gives? I thought I would be excited to be out of the 190's but I am not. It makes me even more disappointed that I am not excited.
FannyMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #2  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

We all have our off days. I think, for myself at least, we tend to become more critical of our bodies as we drop weight. I worry more now about my flabby arms than I did at 220 when they were really big. This feeling will pass as you start to settle into and enjoy your new body
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #3  

Have you been taking your measurements regularly? Have you looked at a recent picture of yourself? Sometimes we can't see it in the mirror, but a picture shows us how others see us. Are you eating a lot of carbs? They can cause bloating because they store 4 grams of water per gram of carbs.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #4  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

You've lost over 70lbs. Enjoy it!
Like sweetnlow28 said, we all have our off days,
so don't let it discourage you.

Last edited by Ciao; 07-28-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166.0/139.5/110.0

Height: 5' 1"

I agree with the others... this day and feeling will pass. Keep going! You are doing great! You are one step closer to your goal! Be proud of that.
Pressing on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #6  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

You have done what many people dream of doing! Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #7  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

I totally know what you mean. I agree with sweetnlow that we become more critical of our bodies when we start losing weight. It becomes more of a focus, so we're going to notice more. I'm so busy trying to change what I don't like that sometimes I forget to notice the changes I've already made! I have a lot of fat days now. And I find myself wondering, how in the world did I even function at my HW?!

Pictures help a lot. I haven't been successful with measurements because I'm a dufus who can't ever measure in the right place twice. But it's a good idea to track your progress in more ways than one. The more data you have, the more likely you are to HAVE to see those positive changes.

You've done great work and I'm sure you look awesome.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Hang in there! You are doing great! I remember being really excited to break into the 180's. I also remember feeling like I worked so hard and still felt big. You are moving in the right direction. Keep it up, you are going to be just fine! Try not to get discouraged!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

70 Lbs lost is a HUGE accomplishment! I know I've been guilty of feeling the same way when I previously lost 104 Lbs. I think we set ourselves up with a mental image of what a number on the scale is going to look like. Yet our bodies have their own way of adjusting to the weight loss. You are doing just what you are supposed to be doing and the scale is reflecting that. Trust that in time your body will reflect that also. Congrats to you and keep it up. You're doing great!
Jenteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on losing 70 pounds! That is an amazing accomplishment. Many people have given you great suggestions - compare photos, take measurements, etc. And I agree this could just be an off day for you.

However, there could be something else going on that I think is going on with me. Most of us don't lose weight evenly all over. Right now, because I've lost a lot from the waist up, my belly, hips, and thighs feel even larger and lumpier than when I was at my highest. I know it's not true, I have the measurements to prove it, but that's how I feel. Do you think this could be the case with you? If so, hang in there because it will get better!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/166.6/132

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for all the encouraging words! You guys are awesome! I think I just still feel like I weigh 260 pounds. I hear this is common. Looking at pictures has helped a lot. When I look in the mirror I still see my fat self but when I look at pictures I can see that I really have lost weight and am looking better!
FannyMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #12  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

70 lbs!! That is amazing, pure and simple!!
I do know where you're coming from though, and I think we are just more critical of ourselves especially when we hit those high numbers, we KNOW what we can accomplish, we KNOW we can get where we want to be, but it just doesn't seem to come fast enough. I'm guilty of that myself.
Think of how far you've really come . . . . that's worth a smile, a pat on the back and a "Damn I rock!"
*pat on the back*
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 200+/151/125

Height: 5'7"

wow, 70 lbs! That's awesome!

I can relate though. Some days, I get weird and feel fatter then I did 45 lbs ago. I think it's because I never paid much attention to by body then. Now that I see improvements, I just want to be PERFECT. But then I have a reality check and look at the scale/my clothing sizes and say hey, there's no way I'm fatter. And 11 pounds makes a ton of difference in how you look, especially as you keep losing more weight, so I'm sure you don't look any bigger and actually are much smaller! Keep your chin up and do something fun today, non-food and weight related!
bellona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I know exactly how you feel. I've only lost 24lbs this time around, but right now I'm at a weight that is nearly 60lbs lighter than my highest way and some days I feel like I still look as big as I did then, and I definitely feel bigger than I did 24lbs ago. Our mind's play tricks with us. Just keep pushing through it. 70lbs is no small number and whether you can see it or not, I'm sure there's a huge difference.

I think for a lot of us, as we get closer to goal, we get even more nit picky about the way we look/feel. At least that seems to be my experience in weight loss groups.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote