Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Red face help me make it through the night PLEASE!!

So yesterday I had an amazing workout but I messed up before bed and ate tons of candy. Today I had an even better workout, and I've been eating healthy foods throughout the day. But considering it's 5:30 pm right now over here, i am so terrified i'm going to mess up between now and bed. Encouragement??
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Can you go to bed early? I did that a lot early on. Other than that, I suggest a plan. Instead of eating you're going to do a craft, read a book, watch a show, take a walk, play a game...browse 3FC.

It gets easier.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #3  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

You've been posting a lot of these type of posts recently and I am beginning to wonder what lies underneath these surface problems. I'm not saying that eating candy and struggling with night-time cravings or worrying about going off plan later in the evening isn't normal (it certainly is), but if you are posting these things often and feel worried over potential slip-ups, maybe it is time to recheck your motivation for losing weight. Perhaps examining why you are doing this, how weight loss will benefit you and how you are going to achieve and maintain your weight loss will help to define why you are doing this and what you can do to help yourself. No amount of encouragement or advice from the great people here at 3FC is going to help you if you aren't ready for a change or if you don't have a goal plan. Setting small, medium and large goals is incredibly important, and all successful winners do it. Take some time and think about where you are and where you want to be. It will give you perspective.
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hun, we all go through this. The best thing to do is determine. Do you have head hunger or ligitimate hunger? is your stomach growling? Did you try to make up for junk by eating less satisfying food or skipping a meal?

if it's real, grab a small protein and carb snack. A yogurt would be good. If it's head hunger. STAY AWAY from the kitchen.

especially if you have underlying feelings of guilt, sadness, stress about a particular problem---or anything on your mind while you are grabbing some food.

i don't think this is a case of rewarding...this is a self sabotage attempt or a case of stress eating.

UNLESS you are really hungry.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

You can do it! Just stay out of the kitchen and find something to occupy your time. The bottom line is you have the CHOICE to eat off plan or not. Be strong and decide once and for all that you want to change. I speak from experience....until the pain of being fat is more than the temporary satisfaction overeating brings you - you will not change. Decide that enough is enough - your screen name is "neveragainbabe" so mean it! I can't wait to check in tomorrow and see that you made it!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Evenings are tough for me, too! I am doing better... but it has been something that I have really had to set my mind to. My words of advice:

- Plan a specific snack for a specific time in the evening and stick to it (ex. at 8:30 I will have a snack of an apple and 1 oz. of sharp cheddar cheese)

- Don't keep candy in the house - or other "trigger" foods. I have had evenings where I wanted to "give in" and just pig out... but all I have is healthy fruits and veggies.

- Practice, practice, practice... or as I have seen here "Fake it 'til you make it". The more you stick to your evening plan, the easier it gets to keep doing it.

- Plan an activity for the evenings. (or for some evenings, at least) Tuesday evening is Zumba for me! Me and a bunch of friends meet up at a local Zumba class. Plan to meet a friend for coffee. Plan to spend the evening doing a hobby.

- Write in a journal in the evening about why you want to eat, how you are feeling. Are you hungry? Are you tired? Etc.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Maybe you're exercising too much.
A big workout can lead to a big appetite.

Hang tough, girlie
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6

i made it!!!!
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:36 AM   #9  

Good job for making it! I suggest the chicks in control thread; even if you don't binge per se it is very helpful to peruse the advice there in resisting these treats.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Brush your teeth. I hate that minty taste with most foods.
Make a cup of tea or hot water with lemon.
Take a long bath.
Do a craft, like knitting or cross-stitching. It keeps your hands busy.

Or plan, every night, to have a snack. Build it into your day. Enjoy it. And then walk away from the kitchen
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveragainbabe View Post
i made it!!!!
Wooohooo!!!!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
Brush your teeth. I hate that minty taste with most foods.
Make a cup of tea or hot water with lemon.
Take a long bath.
Do a craft, like knitting or cross-stitching. It keeps your hands busy.

Or plan, every night, to have a snack. Build it into your day. Enjoy it. And then walk away from the kitchen
This. This works great for me.

Especially with all the working out, just make sure you aren't accidentally starving yourself. When anyone works out a lot, they need a very proper diet for what they are doing, or it will lead to problems.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote