Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Default Week 2 - Such a discouragement!

Week 1 went GREAT! Actually lost 10 pounds!!

Week 2 ..... didn't go so great

Didn't lose any weight at all! Didn't gain any either, so I should be happy about that. But.....

What in the world did I do wrong? I ate the same foods as I did in Week 1....did the same activities I did in Week 1.....

Do I need to adjust my calories even lower or something?

Any suggestions?

KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #2  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi KimikoD:

Congratulations on losing 10lbs. in Week One and for your success in losing 50 lbs!!!! That is a great accomplishment!!! Often when we start a new program, there is a bigger loss right at the beginning from new eating habits.

Please don't be discouraged. Don't expect to lose 10lbs. every week - it simply isn't possible. Your body is probably adjusting to the big loss from the week before. A healthy normal weight loss is supposed to be 1 to 2 lbs. per week.

The biggest mistake I have made in trying to lose weight is getting discouraged from week to week and simply giving up. The result for me would be to gain even more weight. Each week is going to be different so hang in there. This is a long process so just stay on your program and keep going!

Last edited by doingmybest; 07-27-2010 at 12:43 AM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Doingmybest..... thank you for the words of encouragement!! I haven't given up...think I just needed to get the anger off my chest!!

I'm sticking it out for week 3, so far.... and I'm hoping to see just a little budge on the scale - in the right direction!!

Thanks again....love the support!!!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:45 AM   #4  
Crazy Cat Woman

S/C/G: 284/274/165

Height: 5' 4"

Aahh, the weekly fluctuation! I hate it, but it's a part of the whole process. Still, staying healthy is the real goal, so hang in there! You'll be dropping more pounds before you know it!
duckchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #5  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I'm beginning to think that though we need to weigh weekly, we shouldn't expect the numbers to mean anything except on a monthly basis--and hey, you are already down 10 pounds for the month! Way to go.

The first week is usually dramatic. This no loss/no gain thing this week means nothing. You are right on track!
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote