Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:45 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more pounds week of Feb. 24

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you. So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

JOYce, I am so thrilled for you, FOUR POUNDS gone!! Wow, you are seriously on program, way to go! And that's great news re: your dgd and her dh planning so well; I'm sure they'll both be back home before you know it. Re: the mammogram, I hear it's very routine for them to reschedule. Last time I had one, they called me back in before I left, to redo one. I'm sure it will work out fine!

Gotta run ... class starts soon. Will be back later to post more! Hope everyone's having a great Monday!
Old 02-24-2003, 11:07 AM   #2  
Inchworm

Thumbs down Good Monday morning!

Hope everyone is off to a good start today!
It's all about making choices, isn't it!!

Thanks Jan, for the encouragement!
You are right about the 'routine-ness' of re-doing mamms. 2 yrs ago I was called back for a re-do and it scared the 'stuffing' right out of me! but am not overly concerned this time.

The same for the 'kids' too. They will be fine and home safe and soon!

More rain headed for our town today. but is supposed to clear before my trip to Mother's on Wed. (I have to go over a pass that has snow in these storms!)
Mother complains sometimes about the food in her facility, but usually works out o.k. 'programwise' when I dine with her, which I will probably do.

We are starting to get some fresh veggies from dh's garden already! We'll have some fresh beets tonight with some of fish from last fishing trip. We also have some volunteer tomatoes left from last yr's seeds.

ttyl

Last edited by gmalil; 02-24-2003 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #3  

JOYce, glad to hear the weather will likely clear before your trip.. (If not, hope you can postpone?) You and I (and Linda, Texaslady and Carol, at least) have been spared most of that horrible driving weather this strange winter, but I just shudder when I see those news reports of traffic jams, pileups, etc. in the snow up north. Keep safe, everyone!

Carol, I imagine you don't miss driving in Maryland, huh? We miss you here on the boards ... hope you can find time to post, in spite of the demanding new job!

Texaslady, haven't heard from you in ages; hope all is ok? Is your DD enjoying being an "old married lady" now? What a beautiful wedding you planned for her ... seems like so long ago, now!

Janet, how has the winter been in Mississippi?

This is a busy week here at school, with grades to figure, state testing messing up our schedules, and an out of town trip Thursday. I was invited to join a curriculum writing project, based in SA; should be very interesting! I just hope I can manage ok with the rushed lunches we'll be having. I may just take my own this first day; I think they have a microwave there at the region center.

Hi to Nascar Girl, Kelly, Lilithu, Linda, Julie, Sherriann, Loon, and Tonya! Hope to see ya soon.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:48 PM   #4  
Inchworm

JAN, You are such a busy lady!
have you heard anymore from the magazine ?
Old 02-24-2003, 11:17 PM   #5  

Hi JOYce! I'm sure I'm no more busy than everyone else, but I do try to keep out of trouble! Re: the magazine, I got an email from the assistant editor re: a photo, so guess what, I just sent a cropped photo from our trip in New Orleans. (Wasn't that fun? Just me of course.). Haven't heard anything back, but will let y'all know if anything happens

Getting late, guess we'd better call it a night! ttyl,
Jan
Old 02-25-2003, 10:00 AM   #6  

Bandit, wow, you lost four pounds!! And stayed OP all week, too. That's terrific; you must feel so great about that. Sure hope your cold goes away soon!

It's cold and icy down here in S. Texas today; most of the schools (except ours) are closed, and some of the freeways in SA are shut down. Trying to stay warm, and catch up on paperwork while my students are all away taking the state tests this morning. Hope everyone's having a great week!

Jan
Old 02-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Hope everyone is off to a good start this week. Cold is getting better & I am staying within my point range.

Have a great week, everyone. Have to get some more exercise in this week.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:05 PM   #8  
Inchworm

"raindrops keep falling on my head"etc. etc. a good reason to stay inside, but had to be out in it a bit.

I had a pre-op appt for my oral surgery which is a week from today. then went to Borders to find a bead book, but ended up in the food section, got a good looking book on lowering cholesterol. I'm going to fix a chili recipe tonight. always good on a rainy evening. The book has ALL the nutritional info, so I plan to sit down, go thru it marking points on the ones that sound especially good.

JAN!! I think it sounds like you will be in the magazine! how exciting!! I can hardly wait to see it!
Such fond memories of New orleans! maybe we will get a photo at the Riverwalk this summer!
Old 02-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #9  

Hi Bandit! Wtg on staying OP; glad to hear the cold is getting better, too!

JOYce, that chili sounded like just the thing for a cold night! I saw on the Weather Channel that So Cal was getting really cold. I hope you don't have to drive in that today? re: the magazine, haven't heard anything back, so I doubt my pic will be in it; maybe a quote or something, though. That would be fun ... And yes, we will definitely take lots of photos on the Riverwalk this August, when you're here for your dgd's graduation/induction ceremony! That'll be lots of fun! Whenever you find out the approx. dates, let's be sure to tell everyone else in the group, in case some of 'em can also make it down. I'll bet Texaslady could join us! (Where are you, Texaslady? We miss you!)

Another cold day here, but a little less icy. Sure am glad it's warming up, since I have to drive to San Antonio early tomorrow morning for that project meeting.

We made shake'n bake shrimp and scallops last night, and I thought they tasted better than fried! I know it has some calories, but those coatings really add a lot of flavor, and keep the moisture in.
Hope everyone's having a great Wednesday!
ttyl,
Jan
Old 02-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #10  
Inchworm

Yes Jan it is cold and wet, so I decided to stay home til the storm passes.
Sorry Bandit I'm a chicken when it comes to driving in the snow, I guess you are very used to that. Wasn't it you that was shoveling snow last week? BBBBRRRR!!

Jan I think Basic training is the usual 6 weeks, which would make graduation the last weekend in August. (if I'm right) I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Shake n bake shrimp and scallos sound WONderful!
I'm cooking up some Lite Turkey Kielbasa with cabbage and potatoes tonight, a favorite of dh and dgd.

ttyl
Old 02-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #11  

Hi everyone:

Gmalil - yes it was me shovelling snow. Hopefully, the worst of winter is over - have had enough for this year. Yesterday was sunny up here & I was standing on my front porch watching the snow melt off the eavestrough & it felt great.

Have stayed OP this week. Ate out last night with some friends - ordered beef wrap, but only ate half.

Will eat on the low end of points today since I am going out for birthday dinner Sat night - will be 50 on Sunday. Can't believe it - certainly don't feel it.

Hope everyone has a great day & keeps up the good work.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:08 PM   #12  

Hi Bandit! WTG on having only half of that wrap; that's the ticket! Glad you're having sunny weather; spring and summer are right around the corner! Of course, for us, summer is nothing to look forward to, sigh. Have fun tomorrow at your birthday dinner! I know what you mean; I sure don't feel 51, either. DH and I were laughing the other day, picturing our generation in the rest home, listening to Led Zeppelin ... tattoos drooping .. (not that I have one, but). Too funny!

JOYce, lite kielbasa, cabbage & potatoes sounds like a real winter comfort food dinner! And healthy, too. I may have to fix that soon! I'm glad you postponed your trip to see your mother; the weather was just too awful, it was even on the national news.

Had a long week, but a good one. Went to SA Thursday for a project, which will be more work than I thought, but I know I'll learn something from it. Will go to SA tomorrow for a shopping trip and "outing" for Dad; wish I could find some fun things for him to do, but he is so limited, physically. I think he just enjoys going places, even if we just grocery shop.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Birthday, Bandit!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:56 PM   #13  

Hi everyone:

Jans, thanks for the birthday wish. Got my hair done today & bought myself a new outfit for tonight. Feel pretty good & will semi behave myself tonight.

Hope everyone has a great weekend & talk to you all real soon.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:17 PM   #14  
Inchworm

Happy birthday dear bandit!
Good for getting your hair done and new outfit! Great way to add to the celebration!
Have fun tonight!

JAN, We have mused with our friends about the same types of things in old folks homes. and my dd is forever mentioning it to my dgds who do have tattoos. "What's it gonna look like in 40 or 50 yrs??" They are, of course, not concerned.
They have them on their lower backs, so guess they can't droop too far.
<<<SIGH>>>> I led such a sheltered life! would never have been 'brave' enuf to do such a thing!

dh and I have been gone to the Outlet mall, shopping for clothes for him. That was a brave thing for him to do. but I convinced him we didn't have to be in the 'mall central' we could go in the back door to the Burlington coat Factory and find what he wanted with out venturing out into the mall. He hates malls. He got what he needed without much pain.

But now is time to get some things done around here.
Keep on keeping on!
Old 03-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #15  

Happy Birthday to yooouuu, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Bandit, Happy Birthday to yooouuu!!! Hope you had a lovely, lovely birthday dinner tonight! Tell us about your new outfit?!

JOYce, major victory there getting DH to a mall for clothes shopping! Whew, do I know how hard THAT is!! I think our DHs are so alilke it's scary. Glad he found some things he liked!!

Had a lovely but tiring day in SA today with Dad and DH. And I finally found a china cabinet at Sam's that was really cheap yet will look very nice in our dining room, where "stuff" is lying all over the place for lack of a permanent home. (Maybe the next time we have people over for dinner we won't have to borrow Dad's house to do it!!) We went out for lunch, had a nice grilled chicken sandwich, stayed pretty much OP today. Tomorrow, Dh and I will go back to SA to pick up the cabinet. Will try to get in a walk at the park as well; haven't been very good about walking lately.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend... stop in when you can! Lilithu, how is the job going?
Closed Thread