Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #1  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone tried ViSalus??

A friend of mine is selling it and wants me to try it. I currently do smoothie's for breakfast with protein powder, and have had success with these. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about ViSalus? Had any weight loss success with it? Know anyone who's used it?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I'm not trying to be offensive but of course your friend that is making money off a product wants you to try the product. We here at 3FC generally don't like MLM products because it is very difficult to get unbiased reviews. The people telling you to take the product are the ones that are making money off the product.

I had a friend who sold a similar product and she eventually said that it didn't work but she wanted to make money so she told others to take it but I think at the time she really believed the product to be good when she told others.

I also looked at the ingredients of this product line and I don't see anything special. I'm guessing they are overpriced supplements which is usually the case for MLM products.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #3  

I did try it, and the shakes do taste good, but I didn't find it to be any better or any different than anything else. I still prefer to actually eat food for my meals, even if it's a meal replacement bar. I find it more satisfying than a shake.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #4  
Super Awesome

S/C/G: Starting: 280... Goal: 150

Height: 5'4"

I'm currently taking the nutritional supplements. My friend introduced it to me. No she wasn't trying to sell it to me, lol. I've taken countless nutritional shakes etc. which I'm sure you all have too. My biggest thing is it has to taste good. If it taste like chalk or barf, then it's not going to work and pretty sure I'm just going to eat some cookies (cookies is my addiction).

Me and my mom (who's a total Herbalife diva) are taking it and on the 90 day challenge. We both like the competitor comparisons as far as the nutritional values.

Heck, I'm willing to try anything new especially to get my weight off. So, that with some workout videos, eating right, and other changes I'm doing should hopefully start slimmin' me.

::shrugs::

Go on their website to learn more.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/319/160

Height: 5'6

I just started it today. The shake is quite filling...it tastes amazing...I can certainly let you know. I don't sell it, I don't promote it...if it works I'll share the info! If not, I will share the info also. Here's to the 90 day challenge...here is what they don't tell you, you need to diet also, you need to work out and of course, it's 249.00 a month.
I am choosing to do 3 shakes a day with healthy snacks...the snack being no more than the size of my palm. I know someone who lost 100 pounds in 3 months however, they worked at it, and they were extremely obese therefore the weight falls off faster.

Any questions, happy to help.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/319/160

Height: 5'6

Ok guys this is the truth, Visalus, first week - 21 pounds and 11 inches gone! I feel great, I am not hungry and really I couldn't find anything easier. LOVE IT~!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'8

Seriously@ last post??? is that even healthy to lose 21lbs in a week?? Or is that a sales pitch? Im really not trying to be negative but I want to know before I spend my money.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/269/200

Height: 5'5"

I have no idea what Visalus is but I started a diet basically eating 5-6 small meals a day basically eating every 3 hours and I lost 20 piunds in 11 days *shrugs* id rather eat than drink a shake if im drinking my meals id be more likely to cheat just saying.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I am sad, I was hoping to get more reviews in this thread. I have thought about doing this diet as well. As for the person losing 21lbs, they were in the 350's so of coarse weight is going to fall off in the beginning.... I don't know, I will keep to my program I am on.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #10  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Seems like you could just eat something with similar nutritional content. Or even make a homemade smoothie out of real food with similar nutritional content.

One of my friends, whom I've known for about 10 years, has been hawking this stuff on facebook for months. To his credit he has lost about 60 pounds, posting progress pics with his encouragement for people to buy. I love him to death, but his insistence is beginning to be grating.

Even if this product worked great, it just seems too much like the old pyramid schemes. If someone can afford it there are LOTS of meal delivery programs that don't cost much more than this, are proven to work, and that don't require you to become their sales rep in the process.

It is physically impossible to lose anywhere near 21 pounds of fat in a week. If someone lost 3 pounds of fat and 18 pounds of water in a week, I'd be surprised if they didn't end up in the hospital with severe dehydration and worse.

If you can consume such a small number of calories a day you can't NOT lose weight. There's no question whether it would work, if the nutritional content is as it is stated and a person followed the plan perfectly the science dictates weight loss. The thing is, you don't need these people to rob you blind in order to do that. You could consume those calories in just apples (or M&M's or sugared water or anything) and get the same results. The only reason these extremely low cal plans wouldn't work is if you cheat, and you can't buy willpower.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I'm going to close this thread since it only seems to attract people trying to sell the product. Looking at it, it is an overpriced shake. There are lots of good protein powders out there that have much better ingredients, even organic, at a much lower price. I'd suggest avoiding this product and doing some research. Hemp protein powders are pretty good and I'd recommend looking into those if a meal replacement shake is what you are looking for.
Closed Thread