Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default 1 step forward 4 steps back

so im really frustrated with myself. so this post is going to be short and sweet because i dont want to talk about it but i really need to talk about it and you ladies are the only ones in my life who can relate and understand.

at the end of may i was doing fantastic. down to 129. feeling great. going running. all that good stuff.
theeeen i went on vacation.
fast forward to now. im 140. feeling fat and sluggish and like im a slave to my desire to eat. its driving me crazy because i just want to get back to where i was before but my life has been kind of crazy lately (moving out of my parents house, new boyfriend) and so its super easy to make excuses for how unhealthy i feel.
and of course my boyfriend, like all good boyfriends, tells me how beautiful i am and how he loves my big butt and all that stuff, which (while its appreciated) makes it really hard for me to be focused on getting back into shape.

soooo any advice or kind words that you ladies can give would be much appreciated.
if nothing else, thank you mucho for being here for me to vent my frustrations to
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Life is always going to present interruptions in our ongoing progress. You just had 3 big interruptions: vacation, moving out, and a new boyfriend. Think how grateful you are for those 3 interruptions and how great you will feel when you are back on track. All you have to do is start.

Good luck!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 AM   #3  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Carol's words have that beautiful ring of truth. It's lovely to read them.

What a grand thing it is to know we have the power to choose to take good care of ourselves. When we come to realize that we are worth taking good care of we just do it. And here you are at 3fc making those grand steps to do exactly that! Congratulations!

Sending you best thoughts for success!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Height: 5'5"

I am right there with you! I did great the beginning of this year. I got down to 136 and was exercising and eating better than ever. In May we moved and had one problem after another. I still have not unpacked my exercise equipment. In June I started a new, nightmare position at work. I'm eating junk food again because it's convenient and cheap and a pick-me-up to get through my horrible day. And last night I got back from a whirlwind vacation. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was expecting/hoping for 139 but got 141. I know it's fat and deserved. I also know I've succeeded before. I have to do what worked which was exercising regularly, eating healthy and joining a challenge here on 3fc. That's what I logged in this morning to find when I saw your post. Btw my husband also gives me the, "I like you the way you are" nice yet incredibly frustrating comments.
I am worth it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #5  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I also moved earlier this year and got way off track. Then various vacations, friends visiting, etc.

All I can say is that when I have a solid plan, meaning when I set aside time to sit down and actually plan out everything, including time to make food, etc. I do well. That's what I'm working on for now!

Good to see you back! And congrats on the new boyfriend. I used to always gain weight when I had a new boyfriend . But if he's into athletic pursuits you could use him as motivation to get in better and better shape, right? If he's not, yikes, that will be hard. Come back here and vent to us!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #6  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Same boat - same story!
I got within 2 pounds of my goal and then just seemed to lose that fighting edge. It's been a few months of ups and downs. I am finally seem to be getting back to a more honest effort (certaintly not 100% perfect).

When I couldn't get a pair of shorts on I had wore earlier this summer - that was a great "wake-up call". Now I can get them on (but still tight). I was afraid to get on the scales - the bad news might have sent me over the edge instead of fighting my way back. I think I might get on the scale Friday morning. Then I leave for a weekend trip to Savannah and eating out. I am not one of those people who can order a salad in a great restaurant.

So the journey continues........

Last edited by danni; 07-27-2010 at 06:53 AM.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #7  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

thanks so much ladies what would i do without 3FC?
im still off track but for the next week im working on just not gaining any more weight until i can get back on track. the past week ive been living in 4 different places (my parents house, my new house, my boyfriends house, and a house im dog sitting for) so food has been crazy, exercise has been none, and driving has been constant. Im trying to drink more water so thats making me feel better, and im getting some good sleep.

would anyone happen to have advice on how to tell my boyfriend and get him to be supportive of the fact that i need to work out and lose weight?
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 151/151 /136

Height: 5'5"

The boyfriend thing can be difficult depending on why he isn't being supportive - providing he's really not supportive because telling you you're beautiful and that he likes the size of your butt might be his way of reassuring you that you don't need to do this for him. Did he know you when you were thinner? Maybe he prefers the extra jiggle. Could he be concerned that your healthier lifestyle will affect the amount of time you spend together, your social life, or how you view him? Things to consider. I suggest start making changes that don't directly affect him and talk positively about getting back in shape as you continue to get back to your healthier lifestyle.
I am worth it is offline   Reply With Quote